Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2016, 09:41 AM   #43

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
I am impressed that the Southwind in the video showed no signs of stress from dragging that now-deceased red truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I was enjoying the commentary in that video until I saw the motor home in question...

It looks alarmingly like my southwind. It is about the same size, and has the same coloring, and is of a similar year.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2016, 09:56 AM   #44

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
Actually, forgetting or inadvertently leaving people and pets behind happens more often than you think, as I find out whenever I tell a story about mishaps with our dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
The last item on my check list used to be "Check Wife and dog on board". Apparently that wasn't worded correctly.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:13 AM   #45
Just south of Twin Cities

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
Actually, forgetting or inadvertently leaving people and pets behind happens more often than you think, as I find out whenever I tell a story about mishaps with our dogs.
I think it had something to do with listing her with the dog. Not sure!
2015 Ford Explorer Blue Ox tow bar, AF1
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:15 AM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
well....

he did list her first
Old 02-09-2016, 10:22 AM   #47

Oh, I got that part, lol. I'm just saying that having it on a checklist isn't a bad idea when worded correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
I think it had something to do with listing her with the dog. Not sure!
Old 02-09-2016, 03:48 PM   #48

Watch out for your neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_H View Post
This morning, while sitting in a New Mexico RV park having my morning coffee, I watched fellow RV’ers head out on another day’s journey. Without intervention some of them might not have a great day.

A neighbor, two sites down from us, pulled out my DW noticed his satellite dish was still up. I quickly got up and a quick blast of the air horn got his attention. He glanced out the window to see me step out into the 19 degree morning chill in my house coat pointing up at his roof. He came to a stop and a minute or two later his dish was on its way down into its correct travel position.

Warming back up, not 10 minutes later, another coach pulled down the driveway with his TV antenna still reaching into the sky. Once again it was a blast of the air horn and a chilly trip out into the cold in my housecoat waving an arm and pointing to his roof. A minute or so later his antenna began to tilt down onto his roof, ready to travel safely.

Still reluctant to get properly dressed for the cold, I continued to watch other coaches depart and thought I’d post this as a reminder for each of us to watch out for fellow RV’ers and travel their preparedness as they leave the campground.

Lol the best is when you watch them leave with the awning still out.. Watched a guy do it he turned out of the site and made it couple hundred feet before some one got his attention.. Guy lucked out. Also seen people not shut there sewer and pull out with crap leaking though the camp ground.. Then poor maintenance guys cleaning it up
rbleau6885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:53 PM   #49

Check list just like the Airplane, touch the item being checked.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:06 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbleau6885 View Post

Lol the best is when you watch them leave with the awning still out.. Watched a guy do it he turned out of the site and made it couple hundred feet before some one got his attention.
Your post reminded me of a RVer staying at the Rivers Edge RV Park in Fairbanks Alaska this past summer where I was staying for two months. I was outside and heard him start up the coach to depart and then a few minutes later I heard him SLAM on the brakes. I look over and he is part way out of the heavily treed site.

He had forgotten to put the electric awning in. Luckily no permanent damage but lost some screws and pin locks in the process. He managed to secure it for the rest of his trip until he could get parts to repair it.

This is the same place where quite a few rental class C motor-homes would head out of their campsite with the antenna still deployed. Some I could catch and let them know but others were just too fast.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 02-10-2016, 06:36 AM   #51

American Coach Owners Club
But sometimes they just won't pay attention. A couple of years ago headed towards Tampa I got behind a Class A and noticed that he had two bay doors wide open on the drivers side. I tried flashing my lights but got no result so I passed him and slowed a little with my arm out the window, giving my best impression of a flapping door, still no recognition so I was able to speed up enough to get to an upcoming intersection and pull off get out of my truck and try to wave him down as he approached. The only response I got was the one finger salute from the wife as they sped on by. Oh well I had to turn off but he was headed into an area of heavy traffic, hope the doors made it.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:07 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacamp View Post
But sometimes they just won't pay attention. A couple of years ago headed towards Tampa I got behind a Class A and noticed that he had two bay doors wide open on the drivers side. I tried flashing my lights but got no result so I passed him and slowed a little with my arm out the window, giving my best impression of a flapping door, still no recognition so I was able to speed up enough to get to an upcoming intersection and pull off get out of my truck and try to wave him down as he approached. The only response I got was the one finger salute from the wife as they sped on by. Oh well I had to turn off but he was headed into an area of heavy traffic, hope the doors made it.
This falls under the category of "no good deed ever goes unpunished" At least you tried to be a good RV'er
Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:08 AM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
There will always be some people that no matter what lengths you go to in trying to help them they just don't get it or choose to ignore you. Until suddenly it's like they they have an epiphany but by then it's too late. The damage has been done.

I've had my share of "oh no's" and paid the price. But guess what, that won't happen again especially when the cost of the repair comes out of my pocket.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 02-10-2016, 09:06 AM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Watch out for your neighbor

Oh well I had to turn off but he was headed into an area of heavy traffic, hope the doors made it.

I really don't care much about him or his doors at this point but I just hope a bunch of crap doesn't start falling out and onto the road. That could be deadly especially for a motorcyclist. I'd hate to be confronted by a flying bbq grill or even a folding chair.
jt
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:25 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Your post reminded me of a RVer staying at the Rivers Edge RV Park in Fairbanks Alaska this past summer where I was staying for two months. I was outside and heard him start up the coach to depart and then a few minutes later I heard him SLAM on the brakes. I look over and he is part way out of the heavily treed site.

He had forgotten to put the electric awning in. Luckily no permanent damage but lost some screws and pin locks in the process. He managed to secure it for the rest of his trip until he could get parts to repair it.

This is the same place where quite a few rental class C motor-homes would head out of their campsite with the antenna still deployed. Some I could catch and let them know but others were just too fast.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

I've saved plenty of people headaches when they leave.. Worst mistake I made was not latching the bedroom pocket door it broke off and fell on bed easy fix better then the 300 dollar glass door on the shower lol
rbleau6885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:34 AM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I once saw an RV dragging his sewer hose on US19 in FL.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote

« Cold | Too Old??? »