Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-11-2016, 07:52 AM   #57
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
This was one of my first RV accessory purchases. I bought two, one for the crank up off air antenna and one for the roof satellite antenna. I only use one and I clip that to the steering wheel.

I used to clip that sign to the crank until one day I walked right past it. Then I went to the hardware store and purchased a blank ignition key. I did not have it cut. I attached it to the sign and when I try to start the motorhome I see the key and sign and crank down the antenna.

1998 Pace Arrow 35 ft. F53 Ford V10 2012 Honda Civic toad
15 year motorhome service manager. 3 popups....2 travel trailers....5 motorhomes....loved them all.
ga traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2016, 05:34 PM   #58
Monaco Owners Club
For years we've had a full on inside/outside de-camping routine. Never missed anything (yet - knock on wood) DH handles all outside stuff and I get the inside. We have the whole thing down to a science. I also never get into the truck until my DH pulls completely out of the site, I walk through, check lights etc. then I get into the truck. So I guess if DH wanted to make a run for it that would be the time...:P

Coleman pop-up
Jayco Kiwi, Jayco Eagle
Monaco Knight 2006
Hammer bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #59
Originally Posted by Hammer bird View Post
So I guess if DH wanted to make a run for it that would be the time...:P
What a great idea Now why didn't I think of that?

I sure hope she doesn't read this forum anytime soon.
Good Luck, Be Safe and Above All, Don't Forget To Have Fun
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, being pushed by a 2009 Honda CRV
Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:32 AM   #60
I always pull out of my site and then pull over and give a quick recheck of the site to assure I haven't left anything behind. No bottle caps, can tabs, candy wrappers etc. I have never left a site but what it was in as good as or better condition than I found it.
I also do one more walk around check including climbing up the ladder and checking the roof one more time.
You never know when you will find a Frisbie the neighbor's kids "lost".
2002 Fleetwood Storm 30H on Workhorse P32 chassis 8.1 gas.
LETMGROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:23 AM   #61
We bought our first RV last April. After a few weeks, we returned to the dealer to have some minor repairs done that could not be completed a purchase. When we pulled into the dealership, the manager came rushing over. I stopped and was thinking "Wow. This is great service." He opened our entry door and said one of our bin doors was open. I quickly said "Thank you. Let's add it to our list."

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire
2011 Ford Edge
txaggie79 is online now   Reply With Quote

« Cold | Too Old??? »