Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #15

So what happens if you remove the filter cartridge? Not knowing what the filter/casing look like I assume you can remove the filter from a casing and just let the water flow unfiltered. If you get good flow, then it's the filter. If the flow remains the same, look elsewhere.

2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #16
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
So what happens if you remove the filter cartridge? Not knowing what the filter/casing look like I assume you can remove the filter from a casing and just let the water flow unfiltered. If you get good flow, then it's the filter. If the flow remains the same, look elsewhere.

This type filter cartridge just snaps into the head so there is no casing like some other systems. I have a bypass gizmo here somewhere that allows me to remove the filter and still have waterflow to the faucet. The problem now is finding it!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Take the filter out and shake it hard and tap the sides on something.
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Qwert66
Your original post says problem with very low water pressure.

Assume you mean flow so we would recommend to quantify flow by timing the filling of a known size container. That way you have a baseline (gpm)and then you can compare to the filter specs and/or other changes you discover. Hope you find the bypass thingy before you need to winterize if using rv antifreeze.

Ours has an inline (end to end) filter under the sink that came with a short pc of hose to optionally replace/bypass the filter. We leave the hose in and rely on the whole house filter in the wet bay.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #19
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Joe,
Have you check the water pressure at the outside supply? What type of regulator do you have? Those in-line regulators have been known to supply less than 40 psi. If the pressure at the outside supply is low, it may not affect the other faucets but the addition of a filter may reduce the pressure even more. Does the filter have any orifice flow restrictions, like those washers with a smaller diameter hole. If so, try removing them and placing a bigger holed washer in place for a test.

Just some thoughts.

Of course, when running the cold water just recite this prayer, "Dear Lord, give me patience, AND I WANT IT RIGHT NOW!"
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
Water Filters And Bypass For Everpure

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
This type filter cartridge just snaps into the head so there is no casing like some other systems. I have a bypass gizmo here somewhere that allows me to remove the filter and still have waterflow to the faucet. The problem now is finding it!
Being a Monaco coach, chances are that you have an Everpure filter. Here are some different cartridges available for that filter head.

Water Filter Store (Am not affiliated with them - just a satisfied customer.)

Also, if you cannot find your bypass plug, they have them too.

Your kitchen sink faucet may be adjustable if it's one of those joystick kind. It may be possible to increase/decrease flow of hot with respect to cold and vice-versa.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, 2012 Cherokee Overland
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
MShappycampers,
Hope you two are doing OK. Jimkate and I did similiar things---Didn't like the Everpure setup due to replacing filters all the time, low water pressure on cold side of kitchen faucet, etc., so bypassed and removed it. We wanted full kitchen faucet pressure for washing dishes, etc. So I mounted a Culligan Model RC-EZ-3 drinking faucet to the right of kitchen faucet. Underneath the cabinet is the small twist-on level 3 filter mount. It also comes with a bypass quick-twist-on piece for use when winterizing. We just remove the filter, bypass it in winter, dump out all the water and hang it upside down in the garage to use again next time. If you use the sink covers, one will have to be slightly modified with a sabre saw and sanding so the extra faucet fits. I also put the High pressure 45psi. regulator from camping world on my outside hose setup, so outside setup is this: "Y" hose adaptor connected to water source---one feed turned off (Used for Black Tank cleanout hose when dumping) other side has Quick-disconnect hose fitting on it. This "Y" is stored in the wet bay when travelling and connects to water source first when hooking up. Then connected to the quick-disconnect is the regulator. Then a small 1 ft. hose to the whole rig water filter (the kind from camping world carries with the 2 brass hose fittings on each side) then the hose to the rig with quick-disconnect fitting. Use Teflon Tape on all connections. This setup allows you to unhook outside hose when disconnecting, roll it up, and connect the ends together with the quick-disconnects---no drips. Then unscrew the "Y" from the water source, and store it for travel. Now you should have good pressure all thru MH (PEX lines can handle that). Plenty of shower pressure now. Good idea to clean out the aerators on all faucets once in awhile if they start clogging. We use the Culligan drinking faucet whenever we want better quality water---not bad water pressure there now either and now 2 filters in its path. The Culligan EZ-3 filter has lasted us 2 years for the type of camping we do (around 4-5 Months a year) so can't complain about that. The outside filter, of course, just gets the larger stuff, but still maintains high flow for the MH. Hope this helps. By the way, that was a great project replacing your TV----WOW--great job.
Radarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #22

My motorhome came with an under counter filter and a separate faucet for the filtered water. I've never even used it. I installed a PUR filter from Walmart which is the same thing I have at home. It mounts on the faucet and the filter is super easy to change. The water in my house is reminiscent of the creek water I used to drink as a kid in WV. The PUR filter does an excellent job.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have the same Everpure filter under the galley sink in my Winnebago, but it does NOT filter water to the galley faucet ...it only filters water to the separate drinking water tap and the ice maker.

A few years ago my galley faucet went to nearly no flow on the hot side. I have a Moen faucet, and when I took it apart I found the hot side plugged with tiny blue rubber pieces ...they came from part of the faucet near the inlet. As I recall, the cold side had the same rubber but it was intact on that side. Moen replaced the faucet as they have a lifetime warranty.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If the flow rate for the everpure, according to post #3, is only 1/2 gal per minute, I would change the piping and plumb it in as a separate drinking water only filter. One half gallon per minute flow isn't a whole lot for general purpose use, (washing/ rinsing dishes cleaning etc).
Old 10-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #25
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
If the flow rate for the everpure, according to post #3, is only 1/2 gal per minute, I would change the piping and plumb it in as a separate drinking water only filter. One half gallon per minute flow isn't a whole lot for general purpose use, (washing/ rinsing dishes cleaning etc).
Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions. Today I did what I should have done to start with. I used a water pitcher that was marked in quarts and timed the flow for one minute. Guess what! it was almost 1/2 gallon which is what the filter is rated at! I'm gonna do what dieselclacker suggested above and mount a separate small faucet piped to the filter and pipe the main faucet direct, bypassing the filter. In fact, my MH already has a small faucet just to the right of the main faucet which is supposed to be instant hot water, but it doesn't work anyway, so maybe I can just use it.
I went to Camping World today and bought two of the Everpure filters while they were on sale and I'll just keep them for future use. Thanks again everyone!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water