Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Water Hose

Anyone have a suggestion for a good water hose that is drinking water safe? I have had it with the junk Wally World and Camping World sell. A hose should last longer than a season before it burst or the ends leak!
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #2

I use the white hose from Wally world. Its on its 3rd year here. I use a pressure regulator and filter. And where my rig fulltimes has extreame conditions. Over 110 degrees in the summer to well below freezing in the winter months.
"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #3

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Question: Are you using a pressure regulator between your hose and the water spigot? I have a 50' white RV water hose that I use every camping season since I bought it back in 1987. It shows no signs of giving up the ghost any time soon. I've always used a pressure regulator with it. I have no idea what brand it is.
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
You can't beat these hoses- RV Water Filter Store: Food-grade Hoses for RVs

They are available in standard lengths or any custom length you want. I use white for drinking water and grey for everything else. I out-fitted them with quick disconnects from the same place for ease of use.

We have had ours for several years and they are still like new. That's with 200+ days of use each year.

By the way, I have my regulator, a good quality Watts, inside the RV, therefore, I run the water thru the hose and my two water filters before it gets to the regulater then into the RV. These hoses are very tuff and are not visibly affected by expansion when in the sun or any water pressure that I've encountered.
Brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #5

I'm w/Corsair. I just threw out my white hose from CW that I've had thru 3 motorhomes. I bought a 5/8" hose from CW for a spare and wouldn't recommend it; too bulky, too stiff in cold weather, and no improvement over 1/2" in flow since coach uses less than 1/2" i.d. throughout.

I'd get two lengths of this 1/2" Never-Kink hose and call it good. The female end has an expanded fitting for the tactile impaired that is really nice when it is cold out or when access makes hand tightening tough.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #6

Our current hose is from Lowes. It has already outlasted the Walmart hoses by a year. My 4ft hose came from WalMart. I bought 3 hoses that day in order to get one that didn't leak.... It started leaking last week, so we replaced the end on it. We have had good luck with regular water hoses from ACE and Home Depot as well. No more WalMart hoses for us. We have decided that WalMart is good for one time use items or very short term use items. For something we need to last, we buy elsewhere.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:07 PM   #7

I would not use a hose that is not certifed for potable water for anything but filling the tank. You don't have any idea what chemicals might end up in the water after your hose "cooks" in the sun for a while.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoon View Post
You can't beat these hoses- RV Water Filter Store: Food-grade Hoses for RVs

They are available in standard lengths or any custom length you want. I use white for drinking water and grey for everything else. I out-fitted them with quick disconnects from the same place for ease of use.

We have had ours for several years and they are still like new. That's with 200+ days of use each year.

By the way, I have my regulator, a good quality Watts, inside the RV, therefore, I run the water thru the hose and my two water filters before it gets to the regulater then into the RV. These hoses are very tuff and are not visibly affected by expansion when in the sun or any water pressure that I've encountered.

Thanks for the link Brigadoon , I have been putting off searching for a good hose and filtration system for the motorhome, looks like this place has it all.

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I do use a pressure regulator on the coach but I use an additional hose for dual purpose such as washing the coach or to reach a distant hydrant. So the additional hose needs to be Drinking Water Safe. Some real good suggestions here that I will look into.
Thanks,
Chuck
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #10

I bought a hose from the RV Water Filter Store some time ago. I do not believe go can buy a better hose anywhere. Great company with fast shipping.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #11

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
It's also a good idea to use the shortest length hose as possible. We carry 10 ft lengths as well as 25 ft hoses. Many times all we need is the 10 foot which is a lot less hose left exposed to the sun and all the problems that go with that. We use mostly CW hoses that last for two or three years with the pressure regulator at the spigot.

We used to use the flat roll-up type (like fire hose) but those tended to leak through the fabric, attracting thirsty squirrels with sharp teeth.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #12

junk from wally world?
Old 11-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #13

And another source of bullet proof stainless steel fitting water supply approved hose

RVH2O - KwikLink, Home Page

Old 11-26-2009, 08:39 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm another satisfied customer of RV Water Filter Store. I got the ones with the stainless steel fittings and would not go back to the cheaper hoses on bet.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote