Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2005, 01:39 PM   #1

I have been thinking of installing a kitchen sink sprayer. But, for the life of me, I cant remember what the water lines are called. They are not PVC, but something else. I think I had better know this before I start cutting.

Any help here?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2005, 01:39 PM   #2

I have been thinking of installing a kitchen sink sprayer. But, for the life of me, I cant remember what the water lines are called. They are not PVC, but something else. I think I had better know this before I start cutting.

Any help here?

Old 11-05-2005, 01:56 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
How about PEX tubing there is a paper on it in your suit case from Newmar.
Also go to Find above and type in "pex tubing" whole lot of info there. Have fun. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 06:58 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Actually, the kitchen sink sprayers that I've seen tap off a fitting on the kitchen faucet. If you change out your faucet for one that includes the sprayer, you shouldn't have to cut your water supply lines at all - they should have threaded fittings to attach to the faucet assembly.

If you don't want to drill a hole in your sink for the sprayer, you might look at the faucets that have the sprayer and hose built into the faucet spout - that's what came in our 5th wheel.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 06:10 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
my [trailer] kitchen sink has the faucet with a button the switches from straight to spray. Maybe you can just change the faucet.

2017 Solitude by Grand Design
2012 Ford F-450 Lariat
K-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 12:34 PM   #6

Rusty is right! The only sink sprayers that I have ever seen in either RVs or houses have been from the faucet set. You will need to do two things. You will need to make a hole for the sprayer to pass through and replace the faucet set with one that has the sprayer as a part of it. Keep in mind that you have to have some means of controling the water flow, and if it uses hot or cold water.