Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just had to add...
While looking into this as a result of always having "low pressure" in the mh I ran into the discussions online of pressure and flow rate. Can be a whole new can of worms.

tlkhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will say only this since you have the info you need.
There are 3 types of regulators. some of the second are adjustable

Standard "in-line" these are cylinders, plastic or brass, about 3/4" in diamater. They are also junk, don't buy one, the passages inside are just flat TOO SMALL.

"High Flow" or "Hich Capacity" like the above but either "Wings" (Camco) on the body or a bright plastic grip on the female end.. These may also be adjustable.. They are ALMOST, and I stress ALMOST good enough.

The Watts and Valterra units spoken of above, with the proper hose fittings.. Highly recommended and adjustable

Oh, Sur-Flow (A Watts Company) make the standard INLET regulator in an in-line model as well, identical regulator.. I still like the watts better.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow, Watts came in today. Very speedy service and the regulator is nice. Hooked it up at the stick built and adjusted it up. Looking forward to the increased flow in the mh.
tlkhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi tlkhorses,
If you get lost in the other link, try this link:
Adjustable Water Regulator - Lead Free - Valterra A01-1117VP - Faucets & Inlets - Camping World
I have this regulator and found that if the park has low pressure, this just reduces it even more. Some parks have 40-50 psi and even with this unit set to 60, it reduces the water too much.

Is the same true with watts? I would think that it would give me the same pressure up to 60 and then hold it.

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post

I have this regulator and found that if the park has low pressure, this just reduces it even more. Some parks have 40-50 psi and even with this unit set to 60, it reduces the water too much.

Is the same true with watts? I would think that it would give me the same pressure up to 60 and then hold it.
These regulators can only decrease pressure when it is too high for your desired pressure. They cannot increase what the CG is giving you.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post

These regulators can only decrease pressure when it is too high for your desired pressure. They cannot increase what the CG is giving you.
Agreed-my point is I don't want it to further decrease the pressure. If set to 60 and camp is providing 45psi and 3gpm then I want 45 and 3 with the regulator.

The entire summer I was checking pressure and removing the regulator. Hated to do it so I would leave water off when leaving for any period of time.

Maybe I am asking for too much, but I thought that is why I was spending the extra $.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
In that case , either the CG is not providing that pressure or your gauge is defective because it shouldn't restrict the pressure below what the CG is providing.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Must be the regulator. When removing it the pressure was better. It acts like those cheap fixed restriction regulators at 5x the price.

I think I will order the watts.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #23
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There was a post where someone soaked there's in vinegar overnight to revive it. Couldn't hurt to try .

Old 09-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlkhorses View Post
Thanks all, ordered one this morning.
If your coach is like mine you may have a pressure regulator built into the fresh water hose connector.
If you do you need to remove it, (or disable it), or your water flow will be disappointing.....(maybe the water pressure as well).
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 09-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post

Must be the regulator. When removing it the pressure was better. It acts like those cheap fixed restriction regulators at 5x the price.

I think I will order the watts.
Yup, that's correct. You are far better equipped with any of the adjustable Watts regulators than anything that is sold by your typical RV equipment distributors. Even though they say it is adjustable it's still just a water restrictor and not a true pressure regulator.

You and thousands of RVer's get taken everyday when buying that junk.

The ones available from the water filter store are about the best you are going to find and the best price.

Dr4Film ----- Richard