Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2015, 11:25 AM   #15

Can leaving a water pump on while the city water is on damage the pump? Not trying to hijack the thread but some of the responses seem to say they do that.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2015, 11:41 AM   #16

I can't imagine how it could damage it . But I can't imagine a reason for it to be on either
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:56 AM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Always on unless we are going to be away for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:28 PM   #18
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
You always leave it on UNTILL the day you hear it burp or run when it should not. After finding and fixing the leak you join the turn it on when needed crowd.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:42 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by maneddi View Post

Can leaving a water pump on while the city water is on damage the pump? Not trying to hijack the thread but some of the responses seem to say they do that.
Hasn't damaged my WP in over 12 years of running it that way. But I have an Aqua-Jet water pump which is one of the best so I can only speak about my experiences.

If you own a "Not So ShURFLO" water pump then you would have to talk with the manufacturer to verify how those pumps operate and whether they can be damaged that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post

I can't imagine how it could damage it . But I can't imagine a reason for it to be on either
If you have ever been to a RV Park or campground where the water pressure is pathetic, then you would quickly understand why.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:57 PM   #20

Water Pump On? Water Pump off?

In an electric only park and while traveling, pump on all the time. In parks with water too, pump off unless low park pressure (only twice in many years). If my pressure regulator shows 50psi, pump off.
I don't know what make of pump I have, but it does a great job! Will discover what it is if it ever fails.
Press the button as needed!
Happy trails
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:41 PM   #21

The past twelve plus years in the DP I've maybe hit the off switch 1/2 a dozen times.... And 1/2 of those by mistake!

...I doubt I'll be changing anytime soon!
DBL Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwallace View Post
Always on even with city on, unless we leave the coach, or cycling indicates a leak. We do turn it off at night, and when camping in cold weather at night. But for the most part we let the pumps pressure switch do its job.
DTW
We leave ours on most of the time when we are in the coach, off when we are not home.

Just curious DWT, why do you turn it off when "camping in cold weather at night"?
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump