Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #1

Question Water Pump Question

I did some looking online and couldn't find a straight answer - so I figured this forum was the next best option

I had my first experience emptying the grey and black tanks and filling the fresh water tank a little over a week ago. As a beginner with no RV experience I say it went well.. Although the hose did pop off once while emptying the tanks... haha (GROSS!) but I learned my lesson... And luckily there was no one there to see my misfortune. I guess it HAD to happen once for me to learn

Sorry had to share, lol... Now - my question.. Ever since I filled my fresh water tank and turn on my water pump to use the water from the tank the flow of the water is 1/2 if not less of what it was before I filled the tank. There is some water that comes out but the flow is very weak and slow.

Am I missing a step after filling the tank? Let me know!

Thanks RV fam

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2015, 02:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyYears View Post
I did some looking online and couldn't find a straight answer - so I figured this forum was the next best option

I had my first experience emptying the grey and black tanks and filling the fresh water tank a little over a week ago. As a beginner with no RV experience I say it went well.. Although the hose did pop off once while emptying the tanks... haha (GROSS!) but I learned my lesson... And luckily there was no one there to see my misfortune. I guess it HAD to happen once for me to learn

Sorry had to share, lol... Now - my question.. Ever since I filled my fresh water tank and turn on my water pump to use the water from the tank the flow of the water is 1/2 if not less of what it was before I filled the tank. There is some water that comes out but the flow is very weak and slow.

Am I missing a step after filling the tank? Let me know!

Thanks RV fam

Did you fill with a valve that has a tank fill and a city water position? If so, check the position of the valve & maybe move it back & forth a few times. If the valve isn't seated correctly in the right position, the pump will simply pump water back into the tank with a small amount coming through the plumbing.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:07 PM   #3

Thanks Steve I will check that right now!
Old 07-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #4

I checked the value and it was on water tank fill.. I did switch it back and forth and checked the water pressure again... No change.

I don't think theres anything wrong with the plumbing as far as leaks / etc go because when I bought the RV I had a full inspection done and before I filled the tank the water pressure was great.

What next??? Haha
Old 07-03-2015, 05:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyYears View Post
I checked the value and it was on water tank fill.. I did switch it back and forth and checked the water pressure again... No change.

I don't think theres anything wrong with the plumbing as far as leaks / etc go because when I bought the RV I had a full inspection done and before I filled the tank the water pressure was great.

What next??? Haha

Once the tank is full you need to switch the valve back off of "tank fill". If you leave it on tank fill the pump just pumps water out of the tank outlet and back into the tank inlet. Only a small amount of water pressure will be available in the coach.

Give it a try with tank fill off & let us know.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump