Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2017, 06:50 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Water pump runs continuously

Our Shurflo 4008 bypass water pump sometimes runs continuously. Lazy days used to have a video on adjusting these but I cannot find it anymore. I do remember the adjustments they said to use as a guess. Since I have had no luck finding a nearby rv dealer with actual water gauges like the Shurflo manual suggests, it looks like I will be doing it myself since I have already paid a dealer to do it once.

I have been avoiding doing it since I no longer have a 12v battery easily available and don’t want to go thru the hooking up hoses and tanks of water in the shop to test it, but I plan to call the company when we get back for help tips.

Any body got any tips?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2017, 07:18 AM   #2

Sounds like the check valve in the pump is shot and so the pump can't maintain pressure and shut off. Mine is in the same shape. Found a parts company online which carried the replacement check valve. $10 for the valve and another $10 to ship it. So I can pay $20 to replace a valve for a pump when I can replace the whole pump for $60?? Emailed Shurflo a couple weeks ago to express my frustration with a pump which is only a year old and only used to winterize the RV on occasion, hoping they might have pity on me and mail me a check valve. No response.
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:09 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You didn't accidentally leave the city water hookup valve in "tank fill" position, did you? If so, the pump will draw water from the tank, circulate it through the lines, and dump it back into the tank in an endless cycle.
4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:02 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:04 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Larson View Post
Thanks Rocky I had looked at all of these but unfortunately none of them actually talk about adjusting the two screws, hi pressure shut off and bypass adjustment. These must have the correct pressure differential or the pump will not shut off. Ours almost always cycles on and off correctly. But sometimes it continues to run and sometimes it will on it’s own begin to run continuously.

To me, according to the minimal info in the book that came with the MH, indicates the differential in pressure is incorrect and probably too close. I understand the problem, I just need some info that gives me the ballpark number of turns from closed to open for each adjuster screw.

The lazy days video showed this, but I no longer find it on their site. I will call the company next week when we get home.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:42 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well I may have found the water pump problem. Yesterday when storing the electric cord for travel I noticed two screws below the pump. Turns out the screws holding the pump together are falling out, i suspect when I put them back in and tighten the rest properly things might improve.

Tags
water, water pump