Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2018, 11:58 AM   #15

Hey. We have a 30' Arctic Fox fifth wheel. What size did you guys get. I don't think we need the gallon. It looks like we would have to order it online.
BillyandKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2018, 02:43 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Like 2 other posters I did the Zep High Gloss Floor Polish. Started by washing with Bar Keepers Friend and then rinsed and neutralized the now dull finish with Trisodium Phosphate. Applied 5 coats of the floor polish (started to get a little antsy on the 3rd coat as it seemed to not be working) and have gotten a boatload of comments on the look. Even after 3 years of doing nothing but washing every few months it still looks as if it was just done. I have done several other coaches and 5r's with the same result.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:58 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyandKris View Post
Hey. We have a 30' Arctic Fox fifth wheel. What size did you guys get. I don't think we need the gallon. It looks like we would have to order it online.
I order Rejex online by the gallon since I also use it on all of my other vehicles.

When I get it I transfer it to smaller bottles for easier handling. It has a storage life of 2 years if you store it as directed.

RejeX: Nothing Sticks but the Shine!
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:01 PM   #18
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
X2 on Rejex. I've been using it for years and I love it. Easy to apply easy to buff off. You'll love this polymer.
You can find it at auto supply businesses, marinas, even airports. Or you can get it online. I even use it on windshield glass. Makes bugs easy to get off.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:07 PM   #19
YC1

It takes two bottles of this to do my 40 footer. I do it twice a year. It is about $20 a bottle so $40 to wax the rv.

You will be stunned how well it spreads. It is very easy to wipe off. It dries to a very soft powder. The clear coat it puts on will surprise you.

I have been using this for almost ten years. All of my vehicles get this so I buy many bottles at a time.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #20

We are going to try the Rejex product. Been doing lots of research. Has anyone who uses Rejex also used the Xtreme Clean they sell? It is the pre-cleaner to remove wax and stuff.

Our fiberglass shop guy told us we needed to clean off the old wax first by getting a can of grease and wax remover at the auto paint store. Then wash whole thing off with Dawn and dry good before applying Rejex. I read about the Xtreme Clean on Rejex website and it is not expensive $9.95 (probably same cost as anything at paint store). We just want to do this correctly. These things cost too much to mess up. Thanks to all for the advice in helping us figure this out.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:22 PM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
We're about to pull the trigger on a Thor Windsport 29M.
To those of you that have used Rejex: Do you feel it is superior to or equal to the finish protector the dealer is going to try to sell me?
Thanks,
Dave
SoCalGlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:45 PM   #22

Rejex reply

We had been using Collinite wax and were not pleased with it due to difficulty to polish off. After much ado and research here is what we are going to do this spring when we get back to our base camp:
On the advice of our good fiberglass body shop person we will wash our camper just quickly (ours is very dirty from sitting all winter where we are unable to wash it). He said to get a can of wax and grease remover from an auto supply store who sells auto paint (however, when we order Rejex we are going to order their Xtreme Clean (not expensive and will take the place of the w & g remover), he said to wipe down the camper (with Xtreme Clean). We are only wiping down the sides because our front end cap was redone and clear coated last year so needs nothing and the rear end cap has oxidation so he is going to buff it out for us and then he will apply the Rejex for us on it. You can’t apply Rejex on oxidation. He didn’t specifically recommend Rejex but said these type products are good. We just decided on the Rejex as it seems lots of you guys like that brand. I called the company and asked questions. Then we are to wash (in our case the sides) with Dawn, be sure camper is dry and then we will apply the Rejex. He said we should even apply it to windows (not sure if we will do that or not). We are also going to apply it to our clean skylights on top. In future will only use car wash soap to wash the camper. The Rejex is supposed to last longer than regular wax. In future we will only have to wash and then reapply the Rejex.

Has anyone else applied Rejex to the camper windows? Was that of any benefit?
Old 02-02-2018, 05:22 PM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have responded many times to this subject. Dry wash OUT A the question, especially if your rv is painted. Big big scratchs..ouch. I bought a gallon of McGuire #50, cleaner/wax.on the part of my coach that is painted black I use mcquires gold carnuba wax. Have fun rvn...(in your shiny rv)
Terryshirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:12 PM   #24

I used to wax our fifth wheel twice a year and it was a big PITA. A fellow RV'r told me about this product Shine-On. I applied this 2 years ago and have not waxed it since and the water still beads up on it when it rains and still looks shiny. One quart of clear coat put 3 coats on our 34' FW. It's not cheap at about $100 for the kit and it does require a deep cleaning prior to wiping the clear coat on. Besides RV's, it's also used on fiberglass boats. I don't miss the waxing.
http://shop.shineononline.com/main.sc
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:47 PM   #25

Reliable Products has an assortment of cleaners, waxes, and polishes for RVs. I saw their products at the Tampa Supershow and all looked interesting.
Gary Bussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:20 PM   #26

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGlide View Post
We're about to pull the trigger on a Thor Windsport 29M.
To those of you that have used Rejex: Do you feel it is superior to or equal to the finish protector the dealer is going to try to sell me?
Thanks,
Dave
Have not used the dealer stuff. Have been using Rejex for several years. Usually I Rejex the car and motor home once a year. Hope this helps.

2016 F250 6.7
db7512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:24 PM   #27

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by db7512 View Post
Have not used the dealer stuff. Have been using Rejex for several years. Usually I Rejex the car and motor home once a year. Hope this helps.
Also Rejex has a wash to use when a washing is needed. Highly recommended. Call Rejex direct and ask them for recommendations. They are nice folks.

2016 F250 6.7
db7512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:21 PM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyandKris View Post
He said we should even apply it to windows (not sure if we will do that or not). We are also going to apply it to our clean skylights on top. In future will only use car wash soap to wash the camper. The Rejex is supposed to last longer than regular wax. In future we will only have to wash and then reapply the Rejex.

Has anyone else applied Rejex to the camper windows? Was that of any benefit?
We have been using Rejex on all of our vehicles. We use it on the paint (non porous), chrome and windows including the windshield. In my opinion it works better and stays on longer than Rain-X.

We apply Rejex in the spring and fall since our coach is stored outside. We also apply a coat to the front of the coach before each trip. Most of the bugs will wash off just using the garden hose with an adjustable sprayer attached.
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote