Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #15

Geezers just curious. The title is he was profiled but never said how.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
not his biz where you been or where your going. free country and citizen free to come n go as you please. just my 2C. i been back yonder n going up yonder.

WORKHORSE W-22
Old 04-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Oh geez people,, relax... Sorry for mentioning it.......
Doesn't matter,
Old 04-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #18

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Glad to hear it worked out well! We have been stopped on the Colorado/Kansas border " going to slow" was the reason, funny as we were keeping pace with traffic 70+mph. I think they were on the look out for smugglers. The Kansas state patrol has had some really nice rigs at auction due to drug smugglers.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #19

We get one heck of a lot of criminal trespassers and MHs are perfect for that activity. I have limo tint pass side and rear windows on my road car and I get checked sometimes at border crossings and sometimes there's a check point on I-8.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Hope the tires aren't Michelin, if so you may have lost the warranty if you used Armorall on them.
Can you please elaborate on this? I have 6 brand new Michelins on my "new to me" rig... Total cost $3500. I was planning on detailing the mh this weekend... which will include amoralling the tires...
Old 04-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #21

Nor'easters Club
Send a message via ICQ to MaxTurner1
Steve,
I put six new Michelin's on this past fall. They had great tread, but age or U-V cracking on the side walls. I went to a truck tire dealer with just a few locations, not a big chain. They said they have never replaced RV tires for wear -- it's always UV damage. They said not to wash off the brown stuff that seems to ooze out of the tires, because that is an additive the maker puts in to slow rot. Not to Armoral or use any kind of dressing. That can add to UV damage. Just keep them covered with UV protective covers when not driving. I trust these folks because my son is a trucker and he uses them. By the way I paid $ 2,500. They ordered them in and also checked the tire dates to see they all matched. Once in a while they get tires that are dated over a year out. They've been decaying in a warehouse. So I am leaving the brown stuff. I don't like the appearance, but don't like buying tires either.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG

Can you please elaborate on this? I have 6 brand new Michelins on my "new to me" rig... Total cost $3500. I was planning on detailing the mh this weekend... which will include amoralling the tires...
No Armor All! Use 303 Protectant.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Oh geez people,, relax... Why else would they pull us out of a line of traffic ??
Quote:
He looked paperwork over, said the reason he pulled us over was the tag said a pickup
So do you think the cop was not telling the truth about why he pulled you over? Why are you reluctant to elaborate on your profiling comment?
Old 04-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
So do you think the cop was not telling the truth about why he pulled you over? Why are you reluctant to elaborate on your profiling comment?
First of all, Like others said before, I was just relating an RV experience on an RV site. I'll say again if you missed it,,, I had No problem with the Officer, he was VERY friendly. Maybe "profiling" is a bad word in your world.. Why else pull over a legal vehicle with an older man and woman in it ?? Doesn't matter to me what color your skin is,, and to answer the question of the officer telling the truth, there are "glitches" in every system. Could be he had such good eye sight to read our license plate in a line of traffic, search it and find it belonged to a pickup, even though it was issued to our motorhome. (all that in the very few seconds to pull out and follow us,not to mention the mile or so he was sitting beside us holding up traffic..) Seems in this day and age he would have had my life history, ex-military, CDL, carry permit,, etc... If that doesn't answer your questions,,, sorry bout it... Just relating a story...
Old 04-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Maybe "profiling" is a bad word in your world..
Monkey there is no reason to be so defensive. We are not judging or attacking you. We are simply curious. Maybe you would be nicer to us if we were all police officers
Old 04-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

I'm with you. Either it was the least effective profile ever, or he was looking for the biggest dog on the highway and it worked perfectly.
The LEO may have been waiting for one that couldn't run away. Maybe saves him enough time to indulge in and extra powdered sugar donut.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
Old 04-04-2013, 11:52 PM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
The LEO may have been waiting for one that couldn't run away. Maybe saves him enough time to indulge in and extra powdered sugar donut.
Really? You couldn't help yourself? Had to bring it down to a lower level? WOW
Old 04-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #28
laj

you were profiled, no question about it.
double on the donut and lies.