Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #1

We were Profiled !

In my opinion,, we were profiled... As we crossed the border from NM to AZ on I40, middle of the day yesterday, a bear sitting in the median pulled out in a lot of traffic, followed us a mile, then pulled us over. I joked with DW when we saw him sitting there he was profiling.. Then I saw him holding up traffic in the left lane behind us, (we were running 60 in a 75) , I told her again we are getting profiled...
After stopping, he came up to Dw's window, and Oliver, our 150lb Great Dane said HELLO ! Bear backed up a couple steps and asked nicely for me to bring license/registration to the back "away" from the dog.. LOL,,, I knew we were good, no biggy.. I was nice, said yes sir be right there. He looked paperwork over, said the reason he pulled us over was the tag said a pickup.. Ya whatever,,, it was issued to us for our class A ,and registration proves that.. Anyway,, I handed him my license and carry permit, he asked if I had anything on me, said no, it's in the motorhome. He said Thanks for showing it to him, (its the law) , looked at paperwork, we talked a couple minutes and he said have a nice day. He was Very nice and polite, and of course got the same in return. I shook his hand, said be safe, and we went on our way. I drive a truck,, so no biggy if you're not doing something wrong. Don't remember the last time I was pulled over...
Great to find nice law enforcement people, even If They are Bored... Maybe it was because I forgot to comb my hair that morning,,, Heck I even had the wheels clean and tires armoralled...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Heck I even had the wheels clean and tires armoralled...
Hope the tires aren't Michelin, if so you may have lost the warranty if you used Armorall on them.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #3

What " profile " are you???
Old 04-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
I was stopped in Ill a few years ago for no reason and the police man told me that he needed to fill out this yellow form before he could let me go. Basically he asked me questions on age, race and where I had been and where I was going.

I said to him very polite that "this is profiling" and his response back to me was yes! Then he let go on my way. I showed that yellow copy to everyone I met after that.

Anyway he told me before he let me go is take it real easy for the next 20 miles as the motorcycle police patrol will pull you over for any reason. But after the 20 miles you can let it rip. I did not! Got 20 miles up the road and the saturation level of patrol cars doubled. So I locked it in 10 under and motored onward.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #5

Roving tax collector; he thought he was going to write a ticket for using falsified registration.
Don't get a ticket in CA- red light ticket in San Francisco = $490. Purely a revenue measure.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #6

I'm not sure why you think you were profiled.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoafan
I'm with you. Either it was the least effective profile ever, or he was looking for the biggest dog on the highway and it worked perfectly.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #8

It was because he didn't comb his hair that morning and was having a "bad hair day" and the cop didn't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoafan View Post
Old 04-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #9

Quote:
I handed him my license and carry permit, he asked if I had anything on me, said no, it's in the motorhome. He said Thanks for showing it to him, (its the law) , looked at paperwork, we talked a couple minutes and he said have a nice day. .
What state is your carry permit from? Some states don't require you to disclose. You were in AZ were you don't even need a permit.

avid
2015 Bay Star 3103, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar, RVi2 brake, Towmate TM3 wireless lights
Old 04-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Same here. Actually, some places could use more profiling...like airports.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #11

Oh geez people,, relax... Why else would they pull us out of a line of traffic ?? Current tags, well kept rv,,, I didn't have a problem with it. I'll say again he was very nice, and so was I . Heck I could see myself having a brew with this guy, or shooting a game of pool... Sorry for mentioning it.......
Old 04-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #12

I still don't see why you were profiled. Are you black? White? Purple? Ompa lumpa?
Old 04-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Get over it........he was just relating a story about what took place. He wasn't complaining and even praised the cop.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Oh geez people,, relax... Why else would they pull us out of a line of traffic ?? Current tags, well kept rv,,, I didn't have a problem with it. I'll say again he was very nice, and so was I . Heck I could see myself having a brew with this guy, or shooting a game of pool... Sorry for mentioning it.......
Don't be sorry. I thought it was an interesting recap of something that happened to you. Some people take things a little too literal. Glad it all turned out OK for you.