Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Seatbelts
Seatbelts only in the front because it's the law 34 37.78%
Seatbelts everywhere while in motion 56 62.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2014, 06:29 AM   #43

No seatbelts anywhere but up front

My rig has no seatbelts in the back...only in the driver and navigator seat. Not sure why.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2014, 06:34 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full.Monte View Post
My rig has no seatbelts in the back...only in the driver and navigator seat. Not sure why.
Are you sure they are not tucked away under the furniture...or maybe they were removed.
al2ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:08 AM   #45

Being a retired State Trooper who worked on a interstate road "use the seat belt" period. From my experience I started using mine way before it was the law.
RayJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:31 AM   #46
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Have used seat belts since 1959 when we installed surplus Air Force 3" quick release belts in our sports cars. In 1970 when I crashed my Triumph TR250 I was wearing a seat belt and that's why I'm here today.
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We use them at all times. On a very rare occasion the DW gets up to visit the bathroom and I then either slow down or pull over. KIDS and other visitors always have them on. It just doesn't make sense to not have them on and end up hurling through the air a 65 mph worse yet getting run over by your own bus.

I was once on a 47 foot boat being operated by my buddy. I had been operating from early in the morning and fell asleep on the rear bench. Nice sunny day on our trip back from Florida to NYC. We were only doing about 35 mph and he hit a shoal. We stopped pretty quick and I moved through the air off the rear bench to the cockpit bulkhead. I didn't break anything but was very sore. It could have been a lot worse if I did header into the in-movable object.

My wife was involved in a head on collision over thirty years ago and still relives her experience while asleep or while on the road.

Stay alive and enjoy RVing.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #48
KIX

We always use belts in the front seats.
I think there are two states, OK and IN, that don't require seat belts in RVs. maybe that has changed though.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote