Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Weigh Scales in Northern Colorado?

Just curious if anyone has found a good weigh scale in Northern Colorado where one can do a good 6-wheel position/weight check?
LaserMark4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
You can try the Allstays app. If you know of any large grain elevators, they also usually have scales.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:22 PM   #3

Foretravel Owners Club
I-25, exit 254......Johnson's Corner Truckstop (now a T/A) has a CAT scales......
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:33 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I knew that Johnson's Corner was a CAT scales but I was assuming they might frown upon (or even refuse) to do a 6 wheel weigh-in. I know its a busy truck stop and would probably hold up the truckers who are the primary folks. I'll try to drop by there and see if it's possible and then post back.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:51 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
You can try the Allstays app. If you know of any large grain elevators, they also usually have scales.
One of the challenges I found is that many of these grain elevator sites and gravel pit scales have "built-up" scale platforms with sloping sides, so that when you offset the rig to weigh the tag and single wheel sets, the coach lists dramatically and obviously is skewing the true weight measurements. We'll keep scouting around I guess.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:04 AM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
If you find a place please post or email me as I am in the same situation and have not found anyone.
Not that I can get the coach out anytime soon with the snow we got last night, but I have a feeling spring is just around the corner, at least I keep hoping it is.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:21 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Northern Colorado covers a wide area. I didn't know if you were talking about just south of Cheyenne, WY on I-25, Sedgewick near I-76, Livermore, Craig, or some other spot in 'Northern Colorado.' I suggested grain elevators because many folks don't recognize them as having scales. You could also check with local moving companies or even ask the police. Truck scales that are carried in a vehicle trunk could be set up in any parking lot and do your weighing for some money.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:57 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Northern Colorado covers a wide area. I didn't know if you were talking about just south of Cheyenne, WY on I-25, Sedgewick near I-76, Livermore, Craig, or some other spot in 'Northern Colorado.' I suggested grain elevators because many folks don't recognize them as having scales. You could also check with local moving companies or even ask the police. Truck scales that are carried in a vehicle trunk could be set up in any parking lot and do your weighing for some money.
Some good points, Bob-- I am looking more for the I-25 corridor for just convenience sake. I'm definitely going to do some scouting around and see what I can find. I'll post back my findings and which facility we ultimately use.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:13 PM   #9

Install the Cat Scale app on your phart smone. You will have to make up unit numbers in the profile.

Then open the app just before getting onto the scale and put the entire coach on the plate and make sure that both axles are on separate axle platforms. The fuel desk attendant will ask you if you are done, and then say yes.
Pull off the scales and circle back around and indicate "reweigh" in the app, and then pull back onto the platform leaving the wheels on one side on the side of the platform, not on it. If you are not sure, get out and look. After you get your reweigh, pull of and park then walk in and get your scale tickets. Cat will also email them to you.

Now, take the first ticket and that is your gross axle and total weight.

The second weight ticket will show you the weights of the axles on the side that you weighed.

Then, subtract the axle weight of the singe side from the axle total, and that will give you the weight of the wheels that you had off of the platform.

If you don't want to do the math, execute a reweigh and leave the opposite side off of the platform.
The original weigh is $11 and the reweigh is $2.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:11 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
Install the Cat Scale app on your phart smone. You will have to make up unit numbers in the profile.

Then open the app just before getting onto the scale and put the entire coach on the plate ......
Wow, excellent stuff Jerry-- I have not heard of this method or process. Obviously allows you to use the conventional scales and locations. I'm going to study this a bit and also check out the CAT scale that is right down the road (Johnson's Corner at Johnstown on I-25).

Tags
colorado