Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Well.... had my first blue water Christmas

Got up to get rig ready to leave grand kids Christmas morning. We've had the rig a little under a year. I have been very careful when dumping.... . It was cold and raining but I took my time. Got all hooked up and pulled the handle. Kind of like shooting skeet I was moving fast. Only liquids are in our tank with some paper but it is all blue. Wow that will make a by passed and stinted heart beat fast. Guess I need to triple check fittings in future. Guess I must be first .
gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Send a message via ICQ to MaxTurner1
You're not the first. I had a boss who's boss told him to take the radio station RV out in a field near the building and dump the BLACK TANK. He didn't know squat about it. (Squat - get that). Well it was a nice hot sunny day and the tank was ripe....he yanked the knife valve and got a pure sewage shower.
Sadly there was only a garden hose and hand soap for a dispenser to help him. Trust me, no one came to the rescue.
MaxTurner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #3

My first time out was my first Gray/Black water bath, thank goodness it hadn't been used before and was brand new (at least that is what I keep telling myself).
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #4

That is terrible. My parents built an RV park in '68 so my brothers and I had to help run the thing. One night a guy pulled in with the biggest rv back then I had ever seen. He asked if we had a dump station and we said sure. We could tell he was kind of new so dad ask if he needed us to help him. With a kert NO he went about his business of dumping his unit. A few minutes he came to the front of the office and shouted hello. He then asked if we had a hose and a rake!!! He was so embarassed he still refused help but did ask if we had some lime. He had that liquid from head to toe. They left before anyone saw them the next morning.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #5

guess "blue christmas" will now have a special meaning
Old 12-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Some people need guidance.

I have been doing this sence 1998 and can not understand why some people can not follow instructions.
I wounder if they are even using a sewer hose when they dump.
I think that they do not have a good connection at the dump site itself.
IF they have something holding down the end that is in the dump station it self there should not be a problum.
Just a thought.
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Walter View Post
I have been doing this sence 1998 and can not understand why some people can not follow instructions.
I wounder if they are even using a sewer hose when they dump.
I think that they do not have a good connection at the dump site itself.
IF they have something holding down the end that is in the dump station it self there should not be a problum.
Just a thought.
I started in 1999 with a new rig.

Guess I've been luck... So far!!!
Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We used to belong to a private RV club that owned 11 acres and had full hookups to all sites. We used to store our rig there and use it on the weekends. Custom was to leave elec. and water hooked up with water turned off. Also to leave the wet bay unlocked for emergencies and the sewer hose stored.
Twice I found that someone had opened the black valve and left it. I had a cap over the end so no leaks and both times I saw the valve was open before I removed the cap. I was able to catch most of the liquid in the hose so not much of a problem. In all my years of RV'ing I've NEVER left the black valve open like that. Started locking the bay door and never had another problem. The suspect is no longer a member for some other "shenanigans" he pulled.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
First big RV was a 5th wheel. Pull in, level, put the slides out, hook up. One of the slides came out over the "outlet." My back was hurting and I asked DW if she could help me. I said, just remove that cap and twist the end of this hose on. She asked, "i'm not going to get nasty am I?" to which I replied, "No." She she squatted down, removed the black cap and immediately was showered. Fortunately it was only the grey water valve that had been left open.

Now when you ask her for sewer hose help she will just look at me and shake her head from side to side. (Plus a few epithets)

I got smart after that episode and put a clear plastic elbow on the outlet - for me to look at.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #10

I once got the dreaded shower, but really had no choice. Seemed that someone had used way too much paper when doing their business and it clogged at the top of the drainage when I drained before leaving Mrytle Beach. Put a ton of chemicals down the toilet, drove home (Ottawa, ON)let it sit for a week, drove it around again and nothing jarred that thing loose or broke it down.

So, had to drive out to the municipal dump site, get an old metal coat hanger out and poke away at 'er until she started to break away and the levee broke. Although I got the hose up quickly, still got drenched.

Luckily, no one around and came prepared. Wore old clothes and shoes, wifey came out with a garbage bag for me to throw everything in, washed up quickly with the hose, new change of clothes and in the trash went the old.
dieharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #11

Actually i had the hose screwed into the fitting on the ground and the hose came apart .
I have one last event on this subject. Back in the 80s we had a class C . We were living in New Orleans then. Some friends and our family got togeather to watch the parades on fat Tuesday. Everyone in our group was using our restroom. It got filled up pretty quice and I mean it was full. I told wife we would need to go straight to dump station. After weaving and stop and go in what seemed like hours I finally got to the station. When I got out and got my hose I went to hook it up and saw the valve had been opened. Wow someone got a surprise.......
Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsgolf View Post
guess "blue christmas" will now have a special meaning
The 'Elmer Fudd' version?
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #13

Can you imagine this "Hey yall watch iss"
Old 01-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsgolf View Post
Guess I must be first .
I don't think sooooo.
Stuck valve....had to cut it off. Not pretty. The same Camping World that gets bad mouthed a lot, saved my grits. They had the parts I needed and I did not care how much they cost, where they were made, who delivered them. Old or new it can happen, I've seen it first hand.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water