Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #1

Lets see... just a couple of weeks ago diesel was $2.57. Then it jumped into the $2.60's. Then yesterday it was $2.71. This morning it is $2.79. That is all at the least expensive place in town, Murphy USA.

This is either the winter increase or the "we raise the price because we can!" Either way

The truck has about 20 gallons in it (will hold 95) and my fuel trailer I keep at home is bone dry (it will hold 250 gallons) . At least the standby generator at home has 50 gallons in it.

OH I almost forgot... I had $377 of propane delivered yesterday! it was a BARGAIN at only $2.09 per gallon I think I'll start trading in my goats for fuel (lets see...at $50 per goat....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #2

Lets see... just a couple of weeks ago diesel was $2.57. Then it jumped into the $2.60's. Then yesterday it was $2.71. This morning it is $2.79. That is all at the least expensive place in town, Murphy USA.

This is either the winter increase or the "we raise the price because we can!" Either way

The truck has about 20 gallons in it (will hold 95) and my fuel trailer I keep at home is bone dry (it will hold 250 gallons) . At least the standby generator at home has 50 gallons in it.

OH I almost forgot... I had $377 of propane delivered yesterday! it was a BARGAIN at only $2.09 per gallon I think I'll start trading in my goats for fuel (lets see...at $50 per goat....
Old 09-26-2007, 03:08 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
Well, 2 weeks ago I made the change and traded the big diesel in for the V-10, and this week diesel is $3.17 and gas is $2.79. The gasser is only getting 3mpg less than the diesel did, so I am enjoying it while it lasts.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #4

I'll keep the diesel. Our previous truck (an f250) was old and had the 460v8 with a big four barrel carburetor. It got 6mpg pulling the fiver. I get 12+ pulling it with the 7.3 diesel. Running empty the old truck got 10mpg. The diesel gets 18mpg. Until a week ago diesel had been 10 cents a gallon cheaper than reg. unleaded, now it's 10 cents higher. Oh well, were not rving till Thanksgiving anyway.

Sadly we have always had close to the lowest fuel prices in the whole USA right here in Uvalde County Texas and it's still hard to spend that much each month just for fuel. I dont envy you folks that have much higher prices than we do. I was in Corpus Christi TX last week. A station within spitting distance of the dang refinery was 15 cents higher than Uvalde approx 300 miles away! That ain't right.