Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #43

REV RV Group, parent company of Fleetwood, does allow for customer delivery at the manufacturer’s facility in Decatur, IN. It’s called VIP Delivery.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2018, 08:28 PM   #44

Ford Super Duty Owner
We all drive around and very often witness law breakers and the law is often not around. This happened to us in Las Vegas.

It was early evening and we were all walking down the main strip in a mountain of folks. Behind us we heard two "Tuners" (High Performance Small Foreign cars) screaming and racing from Red light to RED light. You could hear them coming way back because of their mufflers. They were in front of the line at each red light so when green the race to the next light was on.

From behind us I heard some talking and it got louder and louder. Some guys on bicycles were saying, "Excuse me, Excuse, me, Excuse me while weaving their way through the throngs of folks making their way to the front of the crowd and into the street. They were police officers and they caught up to the speeding "Tuners" and I hope arrested them. For sure they got tickets.

Can you imagine having to tell your friends you were arrested speeding in Vegas by two Cops on bicycles. Remembering the incident still gives me a good laugh.

Many folks skirt the law/rules because they don't believe they will get caught. It's nice to witness it when they do.

Once while fly fishing here in AR I witnessed two guys (30' from me) fishing with improper equipment in a fly fishing only area. They had caught at least a dozen trout but not legally. Yes I turned them into the game warden. I'd do it again.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:17 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
If you see improper activity and do nothing it means you condone it.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:55 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
For “nasdaqsam:
Unless you drink 140 Proof (70%) liquor, there isn’t enough Ethyl Alcohol content to do anything except make you intoxicated. ������

"To travel is to live"
Old 08-16-2018, 11:20 PM   #47

Hey, should we all behave like the German people did when they took their Jewish neighbors to the camps? They were just minding their own business. MYOB REALLY? Hopefully the current administrations brown shirts don't come to your neighborhood.
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
Old 08-17-2018, 03:32 AM   #48
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBillSD View Post
Hey, should we all behave like the German people did when they took their Jewish neighbors to the camps? They were just minding their own business. MYOB REALLY? Hopefully the current administrations brown shirts don't come to your neighborhood.
Because smoking in an RV with a dog is exactly like the holocaust?
Old 08-17-2018, 03:35 AM   #49
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
We all drive around and very often witness law breakers and the law is often not around. This happened to us in Las Vegas.

It was early evening and we were all walking down the main strip in a mountain of folks. Behind us we heard two "Tuners" (High Performance Small Foreign cars) screaming and racing from Red light to RED light. You could hear them coming way back because of their mufflers. They were in front of the line at each red light so when green the race to the next light was on.

From behind us I heard some talking and it got louder and louder. Some guys on bicycles were saying, "Excuse me, Excuse, me, Excuse me while weaving their way through the throngs of folks making their way to the front of the crowd and into the street. They were police officers and they caught up to the speeding "Tuners" and I hope arrested them. For sure they got tickets.

Can you imagine having to tell your friends you were arrested speeding in Vegas by two Cops on bicycles. Remembering the incident still gives me a good laugh.

Many folks skirt the law/rules because they don't believe they will get caught. It's nice to witness it when they do.

Once while fly fishing here in AR I witnessed two guys (30' from me) fishing with improper equipment in a fly fishing only area. They had caught at least a dozen trout but not legally. Yes I turned them into the game warden. I'd do it again.
Breaking the law and putting other people at risk of injury is just a tad different then the OP.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:37 AM   #50
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
If you see improper activity and do nothing it means you condone it.
Who gets to define improper activity?
Old 08-17-2018, 04:32 AM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
It's already defined in this case. Rules for transporters are known by knowledgeable RVers. The companies established those rules for the benefit of the eventual owners, which could be me, could be you. I think the OP did the right thing and someone is spending an inordinate amount of time being the forum police. Hmmm, the irony. [emoji848]
Old 08-17-2018, 05:09 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
Your statement inherently implies that you do ! Hahahaha
Old 08-17-2018, 06:17 AM   #53
ctk

report it - especially if the new owner has asthma

Report it. I have very severe asthma (never far from a rescue inhaler) if I were the new owner I would be stuck with a coach I could not use. I am one of many who react in less than 10 seconds but even with the rescue inhaler it takes a couple of hours to get back to a normal breathing and not itching state.

The dealer would most likely say it is "new vehicle smell".
Smoke can permeate wood, and of course get into the foam in sofas. Dog dander is even worse.

Yes they may loose their job or get a reprimand or perhaps someone will spot check them (like a secret shopper) but they know the condition of employment - how would you feel if that was your new coach?
Old 08-17-2018, 06:35 AM   #54

In school, I remember the hall monitors. Fuss-budget micro-managers.

And they got beat up a lot. Flushies. General unpleasantness. Shunned.

So, go ahead and report them. But remember... somebody might report you to the snitch police.

It's company policy.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:55 AM   #55

transport drivers

Having been a motorhome transport driver for 18 years (a retirement job) and having worked for several transport companies, rest assured that smoking, cooking, pets and any other actiivities aside from driving and sleeping are definately prohibited! Yes, sleeping in the rig is permitted. Drivers are paid by the mile, typically 45 to 55 cents per mile out of which you pay for your own fuel. The only reimbursed expenses are tolls and permits. Most dealers do an extensive inspection upon arrival and the unit is expected to arrive in the same condition as when picked up at the factory.

Most drivers are very responsible, many retired, looking for a way to travel at minimal expense.

If you see a transported motorhome being driven by someone with pets or smoking inside, both the manufacture and the transport company would want to know! Drivers know the rules, sign contracts agreeing to abide by the rules and are expected to follow them! Do not concern yourself with the fate of the violators! They made the choice!
Old 08-17-2018, 09:10 AM   #56

[QUOTE=droadrunner;4351748]Having been a motorhome transport driver for 18 years (a retirement job) and having worked for several transport companies,Drivers are paid by the mile,
Quote:
typically 45 to 55 cents per mile out of which you pay for your own fuel.
WOW! According to my mileage at about 8 mpg on average, it costs me about 38 cents per mile just for fuel. At that rate and averaging 65 mph, I would only earn 17 cents per mile. Don't think I would want the responsibility for $11.05 per hour.
Closed Thread

Tags
smell