RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2018, 02:19 PM   #1

Well that explains that funny smell :)

Stopped at a Flying J today and parked next to 2 Fleetwood Southwinds. Brand new with Indiana paper tags and I noticed DOT placard on the windows. About the time I realized these were transporters with a return car in tow I could not help but notice the Pit Bulls in the coach and both drivers smoking in the front seats. Took a pic but I am hesitant to upload and cost them their job possibly.

But I pray no one with allergies purchases either of these coaches.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2018, 02:32 PM   #2
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Bet Fleetwood would like to know, most contracts expressively forbids animals, smoking, sleeping and cooking in the unit. If your pictures show the DOT numbers or any other method of IDing them you can bet they will be looking for different jobs. I would report it.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:58 PM   #3

Since the future owners may not want a smoked in / dog dander coach, I would absolutely report it. I bet the transport company now would like to see the hotel receipts for the trip(s).
Old 08-02-2018, 03:04 PM   #4

It’s your civic duty to post the dog carrying, smoking transporters. I bet they had some truck stop hookers in there with then also.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:07 PM   #5

BTW, where was this? They delivered two Fleetwoods to Bill Plemmons in Raleigh last Saturday.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:49 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I would report it to REV Group (FW's parent company). Posting it here would not get it seen by anyone who could do anything about it.

I would not worry about costing someone their job since, if it's as it appears, what they were doing would've been against policy.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 08-03-2018, 05:19 AM   #7

Sent it in to corporate. Hopefully they will do something about it.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:41 AM   #8

My best guess is that was a therapy dog and the couple just had sex... all legal in America as of this writing.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggcrisp View Post
My best guess is that was a therapy dog and the couple just had sex... all legal in America as of this writing.
and I assume a required workplace accommodation? I optimisticly hope most delivery drivers leave their pets at home and keep the smoking outside the vehicles.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:48 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
If they do lose their jobs it wouldn’t be you that caused it, it was their decision to smoke and bring along their pet.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
Since the future owners may not want a smoked in / dog dander coach, I would absolutely report it. I bet the transport company now would like to see the hotel receipts for the trip(s).
This made me think of something along those lines. If a consumer wanted could they purchase direct from the manufacture and pick up thier new coach at the factory if they wanted to?

On that same theme who really thinks the transport drivers do not often eat and sleep in the rigs? I know they are are not supposed to but i cant imigine that the job is worth doing if you have to eat every meal out and get a hotel room for every overnight or sleep stop.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:42 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrv View Post
This made me think of something along those lines. If a consumer wanted could they purchase direct from the manufacture and pick up thier new coach at the factory if they wanted to?
Newmar offers that option (for a price)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrv View Post
On that same theme who really thinks the transport drivers do not often eat and sleep in the rigs? I know they are are not supposed to but i cant imigine that the job is worth doing if you have to eat every meal out and get a hotel room for every overnight or sleep stop.
Transport drivers have a budget for food/accommodations. Now, whether it's enough for their wants (they get a beer budget but have champagne tastes), that's between them & their employer.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 08-04-2018, 07:35 AM   #13
tcg

How do you know it wasn't the owners doing the transport or if it even was being transported to a dealer?

My business cleans boats mostly for new deliveries. I make a good deal of money cleaning up after the captains spend a week or more piloting boats from Florida to Michigan.

Many of those come up with a captain and owners on board.

I can't believe the conclusions or assumptions that get made on this forum.

Or the need to play RV cop. Sent it to corporate? Hopefully they will do something?
Old 08-04-2018, 08:04 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
How do you know it wasn't the owners doing the transport or if it even was being transported to a dealer?

My business cleans boats mostly for new deliveries. I make a good deal of money cleaning up after the captains spend a week or more piloting boats from Florida to Michigan.

Many of those come up with a captain and owners on board.

I can't believe the conclusions or assumptions that get made on this forum.

Or the need to play RV cop. Sent it to corporate? Hopefully they will do something?
As per usual in our society, lets look the other way.

Yes, it is an assumption at this point. But seriously, does it hurt anything at all to inquire about it? Corporate, the company, whoever,,, can look into the matter and decide whether something needs to be done. If not, then no harm whatsoever has been done.

Tags
smell