Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
Randco, I do not fault those who "break the rules" when the rules are oppressive and unreasonable. My complaint is against those who know the rules, had a part in making them, and then take the stand that those rules do not apply to them and do it in such a way that they infringe upon the area of others. A few years ago my husban and I and two other couples subdivided a small parcel of land (less than 20 acres about 10 lots). We all sat down together and, with the help of an attorney, drew up some CC&R's for that subdivision. We and one other couple, did not move into the subdivision, but the third couple did. Even though their signatures were on the CC&R's, they basically ignored most of them in the construction of their home. He now spends his time walking the back of the subdivision property (all privately owned by others, except for his parcel) "checking up" on the neighbors. Even though the area of the subdivision is deemed a "congested area" by local government, he insists on shooting on his property. This is the type of person I am complaining about, and believe me there are a lot of them out there in all walks of life.
sharbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #30

National RV Owners Club
When we go out in our RV's we know were going to be in close quarters with others. People have been breaking the rules forever and will continue to do so. If your not prepared to deal with it then don't go. This thread sounds to me like discussions I overheard in the Home where my Mom had to live in her last years. I'd say grow up and deal with it, but it really sounds like we need to grow down and worry a little less about these kind of things. Then the Guys can get back to talking about the weather, and the gals can get back to talking about the guys.

Dick
Old 11-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theberrys View Post
When we go out in our RV's we know were going to be in close quarters with others. People have been breaking the rules forever and will continue to do so. If your not prepared to deal with it then don't go. This thread sounds to me like discussions I overheard in the Home where my Mom had to live in her last years. I'd say grow up and deal with it, but it really sounds like we need to grow down and worry a little less about these kind of things. Then the Guys can get back to talking about the weather, and the gals can get back to talking about the guys.

Dick
And there ya go - the mindset that expecting observance of what in actuality, are pretty minimal and reasonable rules to apply equally to ALL classes of campers, is unrealistic - that those REALLY expecting them to be followed are the UNreasonable ones, who expect TOO MUCH - and that THEY are the ones who should either move on or stay home to allow the nonconformists to continue THEIR nonconformist ways free of controls or criticism...

SORRY CHARLIE - the rules are there to provide a reasonable and level playing field applied equally for ALL CG occupants - and I, for one, will say from my own "soapbox", that it's those who plan and expect to BREAK or BEND the rules that should move on or stay home - anything else, in RVing or otherwise, is ANARCHY...

On another note, what's under discussion here bears LITTLE parallel with the American revolution, or other glorious themes - it's far closer to those who refuse to obey speed limits, stop signs, and similar rules and laws enacted for the public safety and welfare...

Attempting to equate CG rule-breakers with American Revolutionary Minutemen, is a joke as well as an insult...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #32

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Meant it as a philosophical point....

A rule is a rule is a rule...You either follow and conform...or create your own..

Don't take it too literally

BTW the American revolution was about commerce and taxes....If KGIII would have allowed greater say by the colonials...World history would be quite different....
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #33

Freightliner Owners Club
K7GLD get a grip before you have a heart attack over kids and Dogs!
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
On another note, what's under discussion here bears LITTLE parallel with the American revolution, or other glorious themes - it's far closer to those who refuse to obey speed limits, stop signs, and similar rules and laws enacted for the public safety and welfare...</p>
And I assume from you godly position that you have never sped, jaywalked, made an illegal turn or did anything that wasn't right down to the letter of the law. Who are you trying to kid?
randco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #35
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis

Discussing one another is definitely against the rules and will not be tolerated.

Let's get back on topic, and post your thoughts without reference to each other.

Thanks!

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:28 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Dang...Can't we all just get along????? .....Now, back to our regular programing!
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post

Discussing one another is definitely against the rules and will not be tolerated.

Let's get back on topic, and post your thoughts without reference to each other.

Thanks!
YUP - and there those nasty, oppressive and unrealistic "rules" rear their ugly heads AGAIN!

BECAUSE, this board is very much like a world-wide RV park or CG - one where we who choose to enter and stay - are in close and shared verbal contact space with each other - and our attitudes, behavior and mutual courtesy are not just suggested by the board Administrator and owner, but regulated and if need be - enforced upon the nonconformists.

These rules are not established to be abusive, oppressive or intrusive, but rather to level the playing field of proper and respectful contact and exchange with others sharing this Internet area - for the best potential enjoyment of ALL participants. Those who recognize and abide by those rules are welcome and free to enjoy the MANY benefits and associations this board provides.

The others who resist and dislike the rules, can either leave under their own power - or be removed, their choice - and notice, in severe cases, it's the rule BREAKERS who disappear, NOT the rule KEEPERS!

AS IT SHOULD BE!

It's also quite likely that those experiencing difficulty with Internet board rules, are the same ones having similar reactions to CG/Park rules as well - after all, how many here REALLY would advocate the significant loosening or abandonment of CG/Park rules in exchange for an "anything goes" policy - an "if it feels good to YOU, go ahead and do it" operation?

This has been an interesting discussion - one that has revealed here, just about the same percentage of those who recognize and observe CG (or board!) rules, vs those who are indifferent as well as those out of control and defiant of the rules of courtesy, behavior and common decency to those sharing the adjoining space.

As far as I'm concerned, pretty well all facets of the issue - and responding attitudes - has been well exposed and covered - I'm done here, and with absolutely NO resentment, anger or animosity to ANY of the participants - to me, this has been a thread based upon an ISSUE, not personalities!

Best regards to all!
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:46 AM   #38

If the title of this thread was Lack of Discipline in Campgrounds or Rules Apply to Everyone at a Campground the thread would have probably read a lot different. However, to start out talking about illegal aliens, sports teams and "those with serious physical or mental handicaps, to pursue sensitive and critical positions that might place many others at serious unnecessary risk" personally made me a little defensive.I generally don't try to break the rules, be it camping, this forum or the community in which I live. I do from time to time "slip", as I am not perfect.
randco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:15 AM   #39

Best rule ever-------common sence----- all others; for all those that say they never brake the rule; these are those perfect people that never do -----anything----but they are perfect.
some day I will also be perfect; each day I do a little less, soon I will have done nothing, but I will have become perfect.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:38 AM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Simple considerationfor others, who not only share RV campgrounds with us, but who also share the world with us, seems, to my way of thinking, to be an important key to living our lives. Gettin along requires such consideration for, and caring about our neighbors.

Funny thing is, that after over 4 yrs. of full timing (no house, no stuff, anywhere), I seem to have observed more folks trying to be considerate of others in the campgrounds we've stayed at, than folks who think only of themselves. If ya watch closely, ya can almost always spot those "me only" folks right off the bat even if they might be overtly "complying" with park rules. Watch their behavior!! As an example, watch the folks who are early risers, getting up at or before sunrise. One little theory I have is that if such folks come out of their rig in the quiet, wee hours of the morning and slam the door, go to their car or truck to get something and slam the door, or open a bay or storage compartment door and slam it shut again, then I really wonder if such folks care about anyone other than themselves. Do I internalize and fester about such behavior and become angry, no. It's just an observation which, I think, reflects a fundamental component in the nature of the person behaving so.

I DO think that folks with more experience at RV campgrounds learn to be more considerate over time, but I sure understand and am pretty tolerant of inconsiderate behavior. And, I'll say again,... I'm pretty convinced that most fellow RV'rs strive to be considerate. At the same time I DO agree with GaryK7GLD that blatantly overt repeat offenders of campground rules do need to be attended to....directly and summarily. Steve
Old 11-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #41

My neighbors here in the RV park are both retired now. I still work. I am as quite as I can be in the morning even though I know they are up as early as I am. We have been neighbors since 2005. My job used to require me to work a lot of late nights. I knew they were in bed early. So on late nights instead of driving the diesel to the rig I would park in overflow parking and walk the 50 yards to the rig. Even though they said that I didn't need to do that.
"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:37 AM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We have a dog, had two last year. Always pick up after them. A. because it is the right thing to do. B. so any steps in "it" knows it was not us. This is true when camping or in our neighborhood. Try to be quiet early, late or whenever, dogs included. No kids to watch. I am sure somewhere along the line we mistakenly angered someone We have noticed that some of the problem is with park management but they can't control what they don't know about. If something bothers you, nicely mention it to the CG. We don't always want to make noise about things or become "the boy who cried wolf" so we pick our battles carefully. So far there really hasn't been a battle

One site we rented had a sidewalk running past that went to a clubhouse. I was impressed by how many people apologized for going past. I told them all "hey, it's the sidewalk, I saw it when we picked the site and could have moved". My point is that hopefully the considerate people are gaining on the not so considerate.

To end this almost off topic ranting, a funny story about being considerate and breaking the rules. A few years ago on our annual winter escape to the Fl Keys a bunch of spring break kids came to the CG in tents. Their sites were a ways from us so they didn't really bother us but we could hear them late in to the wee hours. The next morning one of their neighbors that was not so far away got revenge! About 7am he grabbed a cook pot and a big wooden spoon and began to run through their sites banging the pot and yelling "yeeehaa" much as they had the evening before. I bet that racket with a nice hangover was fun. The happy ending was that the CG management had a word with the college kids and they kept it pretty much under control after that. I am sure the guy with the pot and spoon broke some rule but for some reason no one turned him in.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote