Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
~ level campsites....Even some of the newer state parks we visit could have very easily graded a site to be level.

~ more than "one" hook to hang up your cloths and shower bag in a shower stall.

~ site drainage to allow rain water to move "away" from the campsite.

~ when repaving or building campgrounds allow "wider" aprons to be able to back in RV's over 30' long without making ruts in the mud.

~ mud, mud, mud...Follow the some of the state parks of VT, PA, KY where cinders are used around the fire ring and the door side of your RV to control the mud during the spring and other "wet" periods. Example of a KY park site.

~ Tilt the dump station pads "towards" the "hole". Why are almost all modern dump stations sloped away from the hole, thus causing some "stuff" to get trapped in your tank.

~ I'm referring to state parks on this one. If your going to have hiking trails, at least maintain them and have the proper signage. I realize with state cutbacks and fewer kids interested in "walking in the wood" while rather pointing their noses in a nook, I-pad, cell....they have some that are in such poor shape and with non-existing signage they should be closed.

IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHg View Post
I'm going X2 on the wi-fi. We've traveled all over for quite a few years...I have yet to find a campground that had decent wi-fi !!

Hhg
Most people don't realize that public wifi (as in a campground) is a shared resource. All it takes is one or two clueless individuals streaming a full length movie to their computer or set top Roku box and there goes the bandwidth. Then nobody gets anything.
The infrastructure is still evolving. It will be years before demand for "everything all the time when I want it" and reality balance out. We're just not there yet, at least not for the average user.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Found one here. Great place!
wineridgervresort.com
Great; Nevada I can get show girls to wash my MH if DW leaves any quarters!
Now back to the question? What campgrounds need, I'm thinking a Concierge service to help with booking local reservation at restaurants, tickets for local attractions, you know(dreaming huh!) I guess that why I let DW tag along. I'll pay for that!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vegas 12 136.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	42286  
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
damdannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
~ level campsites....Even some of the newer state parks we visit could have very easily graded a site to be level.

~ more than "one" hook to hang up your cloths and shower bag in a shower stall.

~ site drainage to allow rain water to move "away" from the campsite.

~ when repaving or building campgrounds allow "wider" aprons to be able to back in RV's over 30' long without making ruts in the mud.

~ mud, mud, mud...Follow the some of the state parks of VT, PA, KY where cinders are used around the fire ring and the door side of your RV to control the mud during the spring and other "wet" periods. Example of a KY park site.

~ Tilt the dump station pads "towards" the "hole". Why are almost all modern dump stations sloped away from the hole, thus causing some "stuff" to get trapped in your tank.

~ I'm referring to state parks on this one. If your going to have hiking trails, at least maintain them and have the proper signage. I realize with state cutbacks and fewer kids interested in "walking in the wood" while rather pointing their noses in a nook, I-pad, cell....they have some that are in such poor shape and with non-existing signage they should be closed.
X2!!!!

Wow, as a fellow state park user that's bounced around up and down the east coast, the south, and southwest the last few years, these are some of my pet peeves as well. Nice knowing I'm not the only one noticing these issues.

I've seen some that have been well done, but as a rule, dump stations, even the most recently installed, have got to be one of the best example of poorly executed functionality in existence! What are they thinking?

After reading through all the suggestions, and after having been on the road several weeks at a time, I would LOVE the opportunity to use a wash bay on occasion! These don't have to be fancy, and would not necessarily be big users of water. I generally just need to do the bottom half of ours?

Keep your WiFi. I carry MiFi that's generally as good or better than 99% of the poorly maintained or badly designed WiFi systems I've run across. -Al
Old 07-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #33

in my opinion every cg Solte offer a fast and free internet connection.

For the CG operator that is not a big expense. The Internet is an important medium for many, to provide themselves with news or information.

We are from Germany and tour the United States in stages. The CG seeking or looking for interesting locations on the tour, we almost exclusively through the Internet. Or read German newspapers, so we know what is in the home and in the world going on.

To go on the internet is fun in the RV. Not unconditional at McDonalds ...

Walter, now near Chicago and on the way to St. Louis...
Winni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #34

Hi ahicks,

what is MiFi? where there is this and what does it cost? With contract or without contract? Have you more informations?

We travel 4-5 months by the usa, then we go back to Germany for 4-5 months, then we come back to usa to stay 4-5 months, etc.

Thank you.

Walter
Winni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #35

I'll vote for Bikini Wash and level sites....
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #36

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I'd like to see dual dump stations. Either side by side or different locations. that might speed up the process for a lot of people.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John H... View Post
I'll vote for Bikini Wash
Me too
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryn View Post
I'd like to see dual dump stations. Either side by side or different locations. that might speed up the process for a lot of people.
RI state campgrounds have multiple dump stations and it works out well. They also only charge $5 bucks to dump without camping. So that's a great idea for other campgrounds that are looking to upgrade their services!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winni View Post
Hi ahicks,

what is MiFi? where there is this and what does it cost? With contract or without contract? Have you more informations?

We travel 4-5 months by the usa, then we go back to Germany for 4-5 months, then we come back to usa to stay 4-5 months, etc.

Thank you.

Walter
MiFi is basically a glorified cell phone that's used to access cell towers with data rather than voice. If your cell phone works, the MiFi works. They're available through your cell phone carrier, as well as through other companies. Terms vary, prices 40-60 a month. If you're spending a lot of time on the road, suggest you look into it further. Probably a waste of money for weekenders. There's a built in router for up to 5 devices on the ones I'm most familiar with.
-Al
Old 07-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winni View Post
Hi ahicks,

Thank you.

Walter
wireless Wi FI in MH

Walter, here's a link to a another post, hope it helps
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #41

[QUOTE=Superslif;1641386]~

They are made that way so rainwater does not flow into them and overwhelm the system.
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #42

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
are they two totally different entities, or is the one just split into two sides. not that it matters to me what is the price. if its that nice and can support the cost it would be well worth it.
Different on opposite sides of town

njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote