Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2018, 04:58 PM   #85

living "AFTER" crime. Such attitudes do a lot more harm than good. Freedom of speech is a good thing.[/QUOTE]

Could you please share the name and location of this CG? I for one want to avoid it!

Sudsy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2018, 05:05 PM   #86
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
OP HERE: Talked to office this AM. Rig has been there almost since opening. Said ped limited to 50 AMPS so no problem. That is not true! My final thoughts - hard to hide good antennas so outbound communications is limited. My primary concern from the beginning is possible harvesting of other residents data, passwords etc. very valuable and sellable stuff. The power cords under metal door is a possible hazard and could easily electrocute anyone touching rig. Hot skin! Tengointernet is the park wifi provider and service is wide open. So - I'm done - we are moving tomorrow and just hope I do not read some bad news about this in the future. I was not surprised by the "none of your business crowd." I spent over thirty years of my life making a living "AFTER" crime. Such attitudes do a lot more harm than good. Freedom of speech is a good thing.
So basically you still have no idea what's going on and it terrifies you.

What a way to go through life.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:15 PM   #87

Foretravel Owners Club
That's why my RV has an ignition key, full of fuel and water and black/gray tanks are empty.... If something doesn't "feel right" away we go...had enough excitement and BS drama to last a lifetime...
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #88

I'm Scared!!!

Hell, I'm in Maryland but I have no idea where this is happening. Maybe I'll call the FBI!!!

Sudsy
Old 04-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #89

Georgie Boy Owners Club
This spying of citizen on citizen is so wrong. This whole business of "see something, say something" is unamerican. This country has turned into a German Gestapo state or Cuba/North Korea of neighbors spying on neighbors.

It is none of anyone's business to stick your nose into what someone else is doing in life. Live and Let Live. If your RV neighbor is doing something illegal, let the trained professionals deal with it. If your paranoid nose is twitching, drive some place else.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:24 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucotx View Post
This spying of citizen on citizen is so wrong. This whole business of "see something, say something" is unamerican. This country has turned into a German Gestapo state or Cuba/North Korea of neighbors spying on neighbors.

It is none of anyone's business to stick your nose into what someone else is doing in life. Live and Let Live. If your RV neighbor is doing something illegal, let the trained professionals deal with it. If your paranoid nose is twitching, drive some place else.

I couldn't agree more. Mine has day/night shades!

Sudsy
Old 04-23-2018, 05:34 PM   #91

See someone leave a travel bag unattended at the airport........ignore it/move along

See someone drop a backpack in the middle of crowd watching a parade/marathon-----ignore it/move along

See someone take a 'long case' out of truck or car and head into a business....ignore it/move along

Never see the 8 kids that live next door ever come outside........ignore it/move along

See someone 'road raging'..........ignore it/move along

See something that just doesn't seem 'right'....something that just doesn't make 'common sense'.......ignore it/move along

That is a 'selfish' way to live life......might as well be an ostrich

Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:40 PM   #92

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Personally, I would call the police ASAP. There is certainly enough not right about this neighbor to raise suspicions of some illegal activity going on there. The park's attitude is appalling in my opinion. So long as the check clears every month they don’t care what is happening?

So how would you feel if after leaving you find out it was a meth lab that exploded and killed several neighbors? What if it explodes tonight? Are you sure you and yours would survive without injury?

Word of warning - if you are my neighbor and are doing things that might look suspicious, I’d suggest you come talk to me and explain why what you are doing is odd, but harmless.

I live and travel with a barking little dog and a capuchin monkey. I rarely stay in RV parks because the fur kids make us one of those annoying neighbors. We spend the winter on BLM land south of Quartzsite. I try to find a site as isolated as possible. In January when the place gets packed with RVs due to the big RV show there were some people that tried parking a bit close to us. I put the dog on a leash and the monkey on my shoulder and we dropped by as soon as I noticed them. I would welcome them to the neighborhood, warn them that they would get a LOT of dust from the road nearby and that my fur kids could be annoying. Both times the people left and went to another spot nearby that I suggested would be a better place for them to park. I'd been there for 2+ months and knew the place. They were probably tired of driving and just took anything easy.

Was that wrong? Should I have minded my business and let them find out the hard way? Would you rather be warned or annoyed?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:43 PM   #93

Georgie Boy Owners Club
To keep the liberties that our forefathers envisioned and that some of our military veterans died for ... yes, ignore all the things you mentioned.

You don't get freedom by sacrificing your rights. I forget now, but I think Benjamin Franklin had a good quote on this. If someone can find that quote ...

Old 04-23-2018, 05:56 PM   #94

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
To keep the liberties that our forefathers envisioned and that some of our military veterans died for ... yes, ignore all the things you mentioned.

You don't get freedom by sacrificing your rights. I forget now, but I think Benjamin Franklin had a good quote on this. If someone can find that quote ...

How is reporting suspicious activity jeopardizing your rights? Someone doing something illegal next door that may possibly cause harm to you - THAT is denying your right to life and the pursuit of happiness.

We all have the right to be safe in our own homes. It seems to me that this neighbor could possibly be sacrificing the OP's rights. Who would be harmed if the police came out with a drug dog to do a little sniffing around? Every time you cross into the US from another country or pass thru a border patrol checkpoint there are sniffers checking you out. I'm sure this has been taken to court and deemed acceptable under the US constitution.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-23-2018, 06:05 PM   #95

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Extra electrical cables plugged into outlets and it becomes a federal case ...

So, you're going to drag local enforcement to check why someone is using more electrical power than most others at an RV park. Where is Probable Cause ... Live your life. Let people live their own life. Too much drama in some RV parks.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:10 PM   #96

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ironically, I just got this from another thread on this forum. I suggest everyone watch this short video.

https://www.jsmineset.com/wp-content...Google.mp4?_=1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-23-2018, 06:25 PM   #97

If reported to the RV park management, and they say "nothing to worry about".....trust your instincts. If it looks like something wrong, smells like something wrong, feels like something wrong.....it is most likely, something wrong. In this case, I would certainly trust the OP's instincts.

Get out of there, quickly.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:30 PM   #98

Quote:

I suppose it's possible that you live in a place where crime and people doing stupid unsafe things are non existent. The majority of us don't have that luxury. We don't have to be paranoid but,, we do need to sometimes take notice of what's going on around us. Believe it or not, there are bad people in the world that want to steal from and hurt others.

Like you, i don't condone "spying" on anyone. However, as an American, i feel strongly that it is my duty to speak up when i see something illegal going on or see something potentially unsafe that could harm an innocent person.

The OP was NOT spying on anyone. He noticed something out of the norm and asked about it. No harm done, no foul, and nothing for the "mind your own business" people to get their bloomers in a bunch over.