Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #29
Tiffin Owners Club
I belong to Good Sam (lifetime member of many years), FMCA, FCOC (Freightliner), was a KOA member for one year until I discovered that there are very few KOA's worth visiting. Good Sam and FMCA offer basically the very same benefits so you don't have to be a member of both in my opinion. I like FMCA better because I don't get a whole LOT of garbage from them like I do from Good Sam. One thing GS that FMCA doesn't have is that it also owns Camping World (ie discount). But I don't buy from CW anymore because of their high prices and slow high priced shipping costs. I don't belong to PA anymore because I was never able to use it because of the restrictions and when I could the park was so awful I wouldn't stay there. I now just ask the park if they have any discounts available and almost always get a 10% discount. I use MS Streets & trips to plan the stops then look at the parks in the area on the internet, find where I want to stay and call them. That works for me.

Mel (Melanie) and Harry
2009 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #30
We have stayed at Passport America parks over 100 times and have found that the quality distribution is about the same as parks in general. Some Good, some Bad, some Average. The whole idea is to get something for a site that would otherwise be empty. Makes good business sense. Campground sites are a perishable product, when a night is over, it is over forever. Discounting a car or regular product sometimes doesn't make sense as you can sell it next week. We have found that the restrictions are very flexable if you speak to an owner or manager. They will do whatever makes sense for them bottom line. If their choice is you leaving and having the site empty with no income, they will frequently give you an extension. The Good Sam discount is also always available.

Lindsay Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #31
Join Escapees. Very interesting club that has many benefits for full-timers from mail service to an insightful magazine to inexpensive parks to the most amazing database of boondocking places every created.

Emily & Mark Fagan, traveling full-time since 2007
2007 Hitchhiker II LS & 2007 Dodge RAM 3500 4x4
Groovy is offline   Reply With Quote