Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2011, 08:05 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschwarz View Post
What's a power hose?
Our rig has a fresh water hose that retracts with the push of a button. I assume that is what "power hose" means.

It's kind of a novelty and I don't even use it half the time so that could be added to the list of not needed.

HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
I say go for all you can and enjoy every second of it!

Me, I am happy with room for my dogs and a good pot of coffee. Well, cheap and good wireless internet would be nice too.

DCPakaMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Francesca, where are you finding those entertaining pics? I'd enjoy seeing the highrise community in real life -- or is it computer trickery?
Hi, Barb

No computer trickery involved- just strange and wonderful things I come across while wandering the Information Superhighway!
I'd like to say that I didn't know that the highrise trailertown was a set for a play.
I want it to be real, too- and I like to think it is, SOMEWHERE in this amazing world of ours.

Francesca
Old 08-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #32

We have an electric fireplace, (original equip.) in our MH that has a small built-in electric heater that puts out enough heat to keep the furnace from coming on and using MY expensive propane. (Most of the time.)
Fireplace gives kind of a cozy feel and look on a cool evening.
Didn't know they put propane fireplaces in MHs, of course, that goes along with all the other things I don't know about MHs.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The item that I have actually gotten least amount of use out of is the outiside TV. I prefer the Traveler's Satellite dish over the the in motion. We don't watch TV while rolling down the road and the Traveler's dish works great in the stationary situations. I have a power reel on the electrical. Wouldn't mind having a power water reel. When the Norcold dies it will be replaced with a residential fridge. We don't boondock and rarely use the gas option. If the combo washer/dryer dies I will seriously consider separate units. Wouldn't mind at all having either an electrical or a gas fireplace installed. The electric would be preferable since that would be run off of shore power and not use my propane. Since you're talking aqua hot you would probably have an electric unit also. All sound like good useable options to me.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:30 PM   #34

Country Coach Owners Club
Hey don't quote me about the propane...we have a gas fireplace @ home & not in the RV. We generally use an electric space heater when it's cold to use the park's power instead os propane. I enjoy our gas fireplace & can imagine enjoying one in an rv...wonder if Oregon Motor Coach does those?! :-)
Old 08-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequim Guy View Post
We have an electric fireplace, (original equip.) in our MH that has a small built-in electric heater that puts out enough heat to keep the furnace from coming on and using MY expensive propane. (Most of the time.)
Fireplace gives kind of a cozy feel and look on a cool evening.
Didn't know they put propane fireplaces in MHs, of course, that goes along with all the other things I don't know about MHs.

We got one of those too. I like it. nice ambiance, and switchable real (and quiet) heat using someone elses power
Old 08-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin View Post
This is how I hope to move my Roush Mustang, Corvette and Screamin Eagle Road Glide around. Not enough room in the basement for 'em.

It apparent I posted this in the wrong area. Should have been in the Class A section. I do appreciate the heated floor option. I am hoping the running change from Freightliner to Spartan chassis on the Entegra Aspire will allow a 15k hitch. I really don't want to move up to the Anthem if possible.
I need one of those, to haul the camaro, the jeep, and the bike... Every one I've seen is 18k gross, my rig will only tow 10k. I thought 10k was plenty....
Old 08-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #37

Other than the 3 AC units which only come on the million dollar Prevosts etc. you can get the other items on the higher end class A motor homes. To get the bath and a half you will probably need to go to one longer than 40 feet. Go to some RV shows and spend some time looking.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by double-r View Post
Other than the 3 AC units which only come on the million dollar Prevosts etc. you can get the other items on the higher end class A motor homes. To get the bath and a half you will probably need to go to one longer than 40 feet. Go to some RV shows and spend some time looking.
You'll get 3 AC units on almost any 45' DP. Probably some 43' and 41' as well.

The Prevost units mostly have 4 AC units these days, unless they have an oversize basement AC system.

joe
Old 08-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #39

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
You'll get 3 AC units on almost any 45' DP. Probably some 43' and 41' as well.

joe
3 AC's on our 42 foot Country Coach. The 40' Phaeton we were looking at initially had 3 AC's too.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #40

Unnecessary? Our 2nd fireplace is not used much because both are wired to the same wall switch. We must select either the bedroom fireplace or the living room fireplace, not both.. Besides that, I will never go to bed and leave either running. That brand (Dimplex) has been known to char the wood above the fireplace when left on for extended periods.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:28 AM   #41

Ours is an ElectraFlame by Dimplex and the wood never gets very warm, I just checked it.
And I have checked it several times after being on all night.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #42

You almost perfectly matched the list of stuff I don't want! The free standing chairs and table might be nice; I have a booth.
Do wants:
King size bed
Large shower
4-dr RV refrigerator
Real Oven (Tara makes great Pizza)
Travel'r Antenna - stationary satellite HD capable
XM
etc., etc. - stuff we (you?) actually use!
Ernie

Remember! Life is not a rehearsal!
Ernie n Tara is offline   Reply With Quote