Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
I'm considering a 50 gallon salt water aquarium. Has anybody else installed one yet?

Take care,
Stu

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #44

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Hey Juscruisin!

Sorry, guy...
I really thought you were kidding around- I had no idea they really offered RV's with fireplaces and multiple T.V.'s...

I'll just go and attempt to extract my foot from my mouth...

We have two flat screen tvs and a fireplace,fireplaces aren't that rare in the new rv's.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #45

What you are describing sounds like the brand new 2012 Ellipse we just picked up two weeks ago. It has everything on your list except it only has 3 HD TVs, but one of them is a 40 inch. And your all way off on the price ... All for just over $300k. Including Cummins 450hp, tag axel, and an L shaped sofa that faces the TV. The list of stuff this coach has goes on and on.

Bob
Old 08-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #46

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When my wife and I purchased our current MH, it was decided we had to have at least one slide and a walkin shower.
We now have 3 slides and the walkin shower, everything else such at the ice maker, satellite dish and the other ammenties were just a bonus!
But now I wouldn't buy a new MH without them!
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #47

On our first and only RV our only requirement was that all the basics worked. The first unit we looked at was beautiful and priced right but the 'fridge didn't work. Our biggest problem with the present RV is the separate beds in the back bedroom. When we sell our house for our retirement RV it will have fully functioning solar and a whole list of other necessities but most likely will not have slides or be new. We will be getting a full four season rated vehicle as well.
Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #48

we have an addition 1/2 bath and I love it for the grandkids (you know they gotta go quick and often in the middle of the night) It was worth the space. I love the gas fireplace, we camp in the fall and it warms the place up fast.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #49

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin View Post
Find that after you got your RV it is of no use/waste of money/impractical/etc?

I don't have an RV yet and some of the things I think I need are
3 A/C units, Aqua hot, in motion sat, bath & 1/2, 4 hd tv's, free standing chairs/table instead of a booth, basement slide out trays, fireplace, residential fridge, power hoses, awnings and stackable washer/dryer

Lookin' for a little help thru experience.
Well, here's my 2 cents:
2 A/Cs are plenty, AH nice but VERY expensive, only need motion sat if watching TV when on the road, one bath is fine unless you have lots of company, 3 (or even 2) TVs are fine, agree re the table and chairs, you lose lots of vertical space with slide out trays, FP is waste of space, residential fridge is ok...or not, power hose for 50A cord would be nice, awnings are standard on all rigs, stackable W/D takes up too much room dual purpose does fine.

Just get out your check book, all your credit cards and your first born son and you can have it all.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by double-r View Post
Other than the 3 AC units which only come on the million dollar Prevosts etc. you can get the other items on the higher end class A motor homes. To get the bath and a half you will probably need to go to one longer than 40 feet. Go to some RV shows and spend some time looking.
I have 3 AC's on my 250k unit.(Itasca)...
Old 08-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #51

Quote:

3 A/C units, Aqua hot, in motion sat, bath & 1/2, 4 hd tv's, free standing chairs/table instead of a booth, basement slide out trays, fireplace, residential fridge, power hoses, awnings and stackable washer/dryer

I have all of this except the residential fridge(I boondock usually so need the propane option)...one thing you missed but is absolutely necessary is a dishwasher...the busiest appliance in our bus.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #52

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five2o View Post
I have all of this except the residential fridge(I boondock usually so need the propane option)...one thing you missed but is absolutely necessary is a dishwasher...the busiest appliance in our bus.
When boondocking seems the dishwasher would use up much needed fresh and gray water capacity.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:

I happen to agree with your list...My Monaco Signature has everything on your list except the fireplace... The Aqua-Hot is wonderful, the best all around way to heat your coach and to provide the hot water that you will use. The basement slides will save your head (from all the knocks you will get from standing up to quickly) and your back. Make sure that you get the power reels for your water hose and your 50 amp power line. A stackable washer and dryer will make your better half much happier than a all-in-one unit. You might want to add a dash washer to your list. My Dynasty didn't have one but we added one to the Sig when we had her built, and the DW loves it. She claims that it uses less water than washing dishes by hand. The in motion satellite comes in handy, I had a monitor installed next to the passenger seat so that Martha can watch the news, (can't forget QVC either) and weather channel while we motor down the highway.

You have some good ideas in your list, I would recommend that before you buy you should go to some big RV shows and look at the different floor plans and see just what makes you happy, then buy it.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDWINGER2 View Post
When boondocking seems the dishwasher would use up much needed fresh and gray water capacity.
J
I am serious about our dishwasher haha.

We wash dishes every 2nd day...on econo mode our front grey water tank lasts for about 10-12 days...fresh water 7 days...but then we each have a princess shower each day as well.
So its not too bad, and a hose bibb is not usually too hard to find to fill the water tank.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #55

A residential fridge works fine when boon docking. It comes with a 2800 watt inverter which seems more than adequate. You may need to run the genny once Or twice a day for a few minutes, but you probably have to do that anyway
Old 08-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #56

Bring all the family, eat your food, repeatedly asked "special" food, gas money and then asked, driving home the nerve? Could not imagine such a person! Oh, wait a minute. My inlaws. Still love them.

luluxiu is offline   Reply With Quote