Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2011, 01:56 AM   #57

just curious: 1) how many dishes have accumulated in 2 days, 2) how many people involved 3) where/how do you keep the dirtys 4) do you do a quick scrape or rinse before archiving?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #58

We are lucky to have all the items on your list with our 2011 Entegra Aspire 42'RB and love it! We never thought we would use the fireplace, but to our surprise we do. The extra bathroom comes in handy too. We hear the Aqua Hot for the 12's are going to have heated floors, wow. Three a/c's for this lenght is a must, plus it gets you the 10kw geni. upgrade.
Very nice.

Rob & Victoria
2011 42'RB Entegra Aspire

Old 08-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by allegroman View Post
just curious: 1) how many dishes have accumulated in 2 days, 2) how many people involved 3) where/how do you keep the dirtys 4) do you do a quick scrape or rinse before archiving?
2 people involved...alot of dishes though.
We keep the dirty dishes in the dishwasher till time to wash.
A quick scrape into the garbage is all they need to later come out sparkling in 36 minute cycle.
I do give my grey tank a good squirt of Sunlight soap after every dump though to keep my fill indicators working nicely since washing dishes often introduce some grease to the tank.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #60

Vintage RV Owners Club
I only read the first page but heres my answer... none of it. you need a bed and a bathroom. enjoy life. get rid of 3 tvs and keep one, read a book, sit by the fire, relax with your spouse, talk to one another... the more your have, the more youll have to maintain and it will just be an aggravation ... but if really want all of it, all the power to ya.. wish i could afford it!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:37 AM   #61

I guess we are from different parts of town (sincerely do not intend disrespect to either you or me!)

I have an old rat, sans dw. I usually wash 'em as I use 'em, even in the s&b, do wish my kid would follow suit! I do a first wipe for the grease with a ppr towel that goes into the trash. helps keep the tank cleaner too.

I suppose I do it that way because it is a discipline that I can keep up with, and it makes me smile to feel a full tummy and see an empty sink.
am
Old 08-19-2011, 04:44 AM   #62

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin View Post
Find that after you got your RV it is of no use/waste of money/impractical/etc?

I don't have an RV yet and some of the things I think I need are
3 A/C units, Aqua hot, in motion sat, bath & 1/2, 4 hd tv's, free standing chairs/table instead of a booth, basement slide out trays, fireplace, residential fridge, power hoses, awnings and stackable washer/dryer

Lookin' for a little help thru experience.
I suppose this is actually posted tongue in cheek, as many would find a number of those items are a waste of money or completely surplusage. OK, I'll bite and assume you are serious. 3 A/C'S probably one too many. Two do a perfectly fine job in a well insulated MH and you have zones (like the bedroom) that don't need to be cooled during the day or while driving.

You don't say how many people are in your traveling party or whether you are fulltimers. Does make a difference on what is a "waste" or "unused." For two people, the extra 1/2 bath is not needed. And 4 HDTV's? We never watch TV in the bedroom and let's face it, nearly any place you are up front in a MH has a view of one decent sized TV. So 2 of those TV's are a waste. Maybe one of those is in the basement but really, when I am outside, I am not watching TV! Personally I am not a fan of the residential fridge because I can run mine on LP for weeks without the power draw. I don't have any experience with washer/dryer but giving up the space and the potential problems with leaks (and the limited capacity) seem like this is something I wouldn't use. Every campground has a laundry room and those are going to be far more practical to use than the one in the MH.

But, it you want to say your MH "has everything" and that is important to you, then everything you describe is essential.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #63

Waste is in the eye of the beholder.

I find it interesting that the folks that don't think some of these features are necessary are the ones who don't have them. Yet, you'll notice that the folks that think they are worthwhile do have them.

I have them all, including 3 ACs and think they are all worthwhile. I would have a wood burning pizza oven if it were an option.

I say get what you want and can afford. You have a great list of options to take to a dealer or a show.

Bob
Old 08-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #64

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by allegroman View Post
Accumulate dishes? Dirty ones? In the sink? I guess we're neat freaks . . . the only time dishes accumulate is when we stop on the road for a quick lunch and I put the dishes in the sink to be washed as soon as we get hooked up in the park. DH is a Sergeant Major and I'm a military brat/neat freak . . . neither one of us can stand mess or clutter!
Old 08-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobschle View Post
Waste is in the eye of the beholder.

I find it interesting that the folks that don't think some of these features are necessary are the ones who don't have them. Yet, you'll notice that the folks that think they are worthwhile do have them.

I have them all, including 3 ACs and think they are all worthwhile. I would have a wood burning pizza oven if it were an option.

I say get what you want and can afford. You have a great list of options to take to a dealer or a show.

Bob
Dido- I'd like 5more feet and 1 more air, I'm a neat freak also,put it back where you found it person.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:06 PM   #66

Hey Bob the Pizza man... when's dinner ready? Deep-dish, sausage, mushrooms, maybe some onjings, but pls, no anchovies!
am
ps you cook, I'll wash, ok?
Old 08-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #67

I'm happy with my galley where there is enough counter space to make biscuits. We opted not to have the wine rack.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
hmmmm..... I'd settle for a 22 yo blond who could think far enough ahead to retract the step cover on the way into the fuel stop, without being asked.

Is this an option on some motohomes?
Old 08-24-2011, 04:43 PM   #69

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE=JimM68;939180

Is this an option on some motohomes?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but they only do steps, nothing else. You want more you will need a second blond.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
My must have was washer dryer.

Thought I wanted basement slides but checked them out and realized they would restrict loading/useable space in the basement. I carry everything in totes and often slide one left or right to get one out, with a slide tray it would limit my ability to do that.

I do have a fireplace it was already there, selected as an option by the previous owner. Thought thats nice, what will I use it for. I use it in lieu of burning propane at $4.00 per gallon. And no it doesn't burn wood, it's electric and does a nice job of keeping us warm while in the main area. I must also admit I like the effect of the fake flames.

Have satellite but haven't bothered hooking it up.

sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote