Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore View Post
Does RV Park Reviews have an app?
It does
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/iphone/#_home

A bit rudimentary and after you select state, city, campground, it opens in Safari and shows you the same thing as using Safari to begin with.

Simplest to just google "rvparkreviews city, state"

As in: rvparkreviews denver, pa

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #58

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
It does
RV Park Reviews

A bit rudimentary and after you select state, city, campground, it opens in Safari and shows you the same thing as using Safari to begin with.

Simplest to just google "rvparkreviews city, state"

As in: rvparkreviews denver, pa
Or there's the Allstays app for those with Android based devices that lists all the campgrounds and ties in the RV park reviews.com listings for that park .

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #59

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakethib View Post
Agree

I am going to have a very difficult time paying 50 bucks a night, not because I cant afford it, but i think it is a ridiculous price unless there is some outstanding amenities included ( i.e water park for the kids, free breakfast, pool, etc.)

Maybe I have become spoiled with all the beautiful state parks down here in Texas that I can stay at for 20 - 25 bucks a night with full hook ups
$20-30 is about what we expect to pay for a weekend spot in a State park in the Eastern US. We've stayed all over and that's the usual price for a spot with electric (and usually water too.) - quite a bit less if we skip the hookups (which we do about half the time.) Having a class B allows us to pickup 'tent' spots for considerably less, or we can boondock for free - both of which are far more preferable to us than camping in a commercial RV park.

I cannot think of any reason that we would pay more than $30 a night for any spot regardless of the 'added values' or 'amenities', but that is down to our preference to actually get away when we 'get away'. I'm more interested in camping, hiking, canoeing, viewing nature, etc. than having man-made things to do, but not everyone is of that inclination.

I suspect that if you examine the individuals responding you'll see that full timers and many class A drivers who typically stay in RV parks probably have different views on the overnight costs than people like me, who camp on weekends for recreation and relaxation in smaller and more remote locations.

- Randy
Old 07-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #60

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I thought $30 was pushing it
Old 07-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #61

For 50.00 a night, I would exspect to get 50amp ele, water, sewer, cable and wifi, a cement patio, picnic table, at least two shade trees nice grassy level lot that is 45'X 90' Min. i would also want the trash to be picked up at my spot every day before noon. Last but not least, secuity driving by every hour on the hour. Now that IS What 50.00 a night should get you. There are several places in Michigan that provide all of this at or below 50.00. Drop the cable and wifi and there is a Camp Ground up by Alpena, MI. that has all the rest for 25.00 a night, rent 6 and get the 7th free. Camp Glennie.
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Unionville, Tn.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:03 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorgan6375 View Post
For 50.00 a night, I would exspect to get 50amp ele, water, sewer, cable and wifi, a cement patio, picnic table, at least two shade trees nice grassy level lot that is 45'X 90' Min. i would also want the trash to be picked up at my spot every day before noon. Last but not least, secuity driving by every hour on the hour. Now that IS What 50.00 a night should get you. There are several places in Michigan that provide all of this at or below 50.00. Drop the cable and wifi and there is a Camp Ground up by Alpena, MI. that has all the rest for 25.00 a night, rent 6 and get the 7th free. Camp Glennie.
This, plus dinner and a show! And a concierge service.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #63

Thor Owners Club
Seen some nice places out there. Check this one out that we were just at.
And this is the peak season there.
One of the nicest we have seen. Largest lots for sure!!
Elkhorn Ridge RV Resort
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #64

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita View Post
I have been on the road since September and have stayed at some poor camp grounds that call themselves "Resorts" paying $40.00 up for the stay, had one charge $50. and elect. and cable were extra.
What do you expect for $50. ??
Could be I'm looking for to much for my money.
Right now we are at a resort that claims "Beach Access" only problem it's 1 1/2 miles away and no car access. The club House is shoddy at best and the sites are not much better, we have 25 psi on the city water and intermitent wi-fi, mostly 2 bars.
No pool, a small playground between two busy streets and very muddy.
Yes I know I could move but thats not the issue ! I reserved this park based on the pictures supplied on the internet and the description posted, found out the reservations could not be cancelled because we made them 4 months ago.
What do you find on your trips ??
I expect to head to Wal Mart parking lot.I bought this thing to keep from paying $50 for motel room,will go to Corp park for full hook up $10 a night if your a senior. Ha! HA! didn't get to buy one of these thing's throwing $ away on Gravel 50 amp service Park's.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #65

If I paid $50 for a campsite, I knew it going in, and it was a hot venue, or the going rate for the area.

I have paid that, and more, for the right reasons. It was always worth it!

You may now continue to your regularly scheduled Walmart. ;-)

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #66

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBOL
I expect to head to Wal Mart parking lot.I bought this thing to keep from paying $50 for motel room,will go to Corp park for full hook up $10 a night if your a senior. Ha! HA! didn't get to buy one of these thing's throwing $ away on Gravel 50 amp service Park's.
To each their own. I didn't buy mine to sleep in Walmart or any other parking lot. Must admit that some CGs are little more than overpriced parking lots. But many are very nice and worth the extra $'s. Unfortunately around here and not so much around here - many Corp lakes, state and Federal parks are run down, not maintained, rest rooms are spider houses, etc. It is a shame what has become of some of our best camping areas.

This is my passport to inexpensive camping that I paid a pretty price for and have used since 1991.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3761954192.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	552.4 KB
ID:	42441
So it's not like I don't know what's out there. At this stage in my life, I'm happy to use the card if the facilities are right - but equally happy to pay the going rate for a great CG with pool, hot tub, nice store, etc, rather than save money by unhooking, driving to dump, and feeling like the last person to care for and about the place was me.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #67

Thor Owners Club
The Elkhorn Ridge Resort I posted has a Golf Course, it was professionally designed RV resort and listed as one of the top in the US. I think the nightly with full hook up was 52 and then they also give a 10 % discount for GS or Military. Perhaps others, you can not get multiple discounts like other places.

Pools, hot tubs, tennis, horseshoe, golf, kids pool, with everything you could ask. Rent bikes, and other rentals. Huge pull thru's, Biggest I have ever seen. They serve a fantastic breakfast and lunch and have a very large wine selection.

We were very impressed. Weekly or monthly rates you save even more. The whole CG was professionally designed. They put in a hilly area brought in dirt between the CG and highway with trees so you can not hear or see any traffic. Best $50 we spent. This is high season tourist time in the Black Hills and hotels were 2-3 x that price.
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #68

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
50 dollars is a lot in my book. I have to say I don't know what the bathrooms are like in campgrounds, I didn't buy a house on wheels to use a public bathroom. I use it the same way as I use my home, I shower in my own shower and do all other things when needed in the bathroom. I think that's why they come with holding tanks. Jim
Old 07-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #69

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjimmy
50 dollars is a lot in my book. I have to say I don't know what the bathrooms are like in campgrounds, I didn't buy a house on wheels to use a public bathroom. I use it the same way as I use my home, I shower in my own shower and do all other things when needed in the bathroom. I think that's why they come with holding tanks. Jim
Brilliant We use our little bath and 1/2 as well - but I also read CG reviews and filthy bathrooms and laundry facilities are indicative of the management and care of a place. When those amenities are bad that usually means grass and weeds aren't mowed, boat ramps may be worn out, etc. We also carry or own washer dryer and use it almost exclusively. But I will Google Earth a place and look for others opinions. I stand by my statement - it's a shame so many of our good public campgrounds are being ignored. Yes there are some good ones, but my experience tells me to verify first. I also really prefer sites with sewer. Makes the shower and washer more practical. There are many nice places in the $25 - and up range and some dogs with fleas too. The trick is to not over pay - say $50 for $25 worth of quality. Thanks for the clarification on those holding tanks!
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #70

In my experience you can get a King size executive suite in a red roof inn for around 50 $ a night plus the next two nights for 20 $ each. 70 $ tops in a premium location. Complete with desk, wifi, microwave and fridge and King size bed. $50 for a campground site is outrageous in my mind . I don't expect to pay over $25 anywhere I go.