Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #85

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
This is my passport to inexpensive camping that I paid a pretty price for and have used since 1991.
Attachment 42441
Mine isn't in that bad a shape even for all the years I've had it, even used in in Hawaii some years back. Now we qualify for the Golden Age one (or whatever they call it now) but I'll keep the Golden Access one anyway.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #86

Yeah, what's with that card? Looks like it has spent some time in the laundry.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #87

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover
Yeah, what's with that card? Looks like it has spent some time in the laundry.
Do ya think it's time to have it laminated?
Many miles riding in my wallet. Still works though! Last I looked, those of us that have the Golden Access card can keep it, and I know of no reason to change now. :
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:20 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita View Post
I have been on the road since September and have stayed at some poor camp grounds that call themselves "Resorts" paying $40.00 up for the stay, had one charge $50. and elect. and cable were extra.
What do you expect for $50. ??
We only paid that one time but the place was nice. It was clean, nicely landscaped, had a large pretty lake and immaculate buildings. It was an Encore Resort in Bradenton, or was it Sarasota FL. These cities are close together. Unfortunately the free wi-fi was worthless 80% of the time as it is in most CGs. We bring our own Verizon hot-spot now. The sites were small, narrow and out in the sun but we were only there for a week so lived with that. Though the place was, in general nice, we wouldn't pay that much again. It's just not worth it.

Quote:
Could be I'm looking for to much for my money.
Right now we are at a resort that claims "Beach Access" only problem it's 1 1/2 miles away and no car access. The club House is shoddy at best and the sites are not much better, we have 25 psi on the city water and intermitent wi-fi, mostly 2 bars.
You may be paying for "location" only. Even dumpy CGs near the ocean can be costly.

Quote:
No pool, a small playground between two busy streets and very muddy.
Yes I know I could move but thats not the issue ! I reserved this park based on the pictures supplied on the internet and the description posted, found out the reservations could not be cancelled because we made them 4 months ago.
What do you find on your trips ??
We don't go by their websites anymore. They have professionals take the pictures and they know how to make the CGs look great. When you get there in person you can hardly believe it's the same place. Before choosing a site for the winter, we visit the place the winter before. This way there are no unpleasant surprises.

For $50+ a night I expected good wifi, a larger lot and at least some shade. I also wanted to be closer to the beaches. Allergic to chlorine, I don't use pools.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Prepare for a steep learning curve if you venture out to California State Parks...I think thirty bucks a night is the LEAST you can expect to pay (no hookups), and that's in only a few remote Parks. Rates are typically much higher in the more popular areas.
Yea fair enough, guess I'm pretty lucky to have cheap cgs in ND, lol!
SultanGris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #90
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
There is a big difference between going on a holiday as we do and full timing. I'll pay whatever for a nice place to stay as it enhances my holiday experience. If I was full timing on a budget, that would be a different story. I paid $56 a night at a 5 star RV resort on the Oregon coast with a pull up ocean view. For us, it's about the experience. On the same trip, we stayed in a Wallmart parking lot enroute to the coast. Quick in late at night and out early in the AM.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #91

Entegra Owners Club
Astute observations by dog patch. There is a big difference.

I'd have to say, after six months of full timing, I've been pretty disappointed in what I see offered for the price in almost every area we've been, and I spend a lot of time trying to maximize value as I look for camping areas for stays generally of two weeks to a month.

I have yet to see a KOA that merits the premiums they think they are worth.

JMHO.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote