Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #43

Country Coach Owners Club
what!?!?

Recently we were at a gathering of relatives and some friends. one of the girls there ask my wife where we were now. due to her job we are in Indiana for about 5 months, she ask what we did with our house. Dw said we got rid of it and bought the mh. to that she promptly replied "so your homeless now." I had to hold onto my chair. I wanted to hop up and say considering the coach was 50% more than the house you live in I don't think so. I know that is the wrong response hence I waited. even at my age I am shocked at narrow some people are . love our home sweet home
gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2013, 06:37 AM   #44

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsgolf View Post
Recently we were at a gathering of relatives and some friends. one of the girls there ask my wife where we were now. due to her job we are in Indiana for about 5 months, she ask what we did with our house. Dw said we got rid of it and bought the mh. to that she promptly replied "so your homeless now." I had to hold onto my chair. I wanted to hop up and say considering the coach was 50% more than the house you live in I don't think so. I know that is the wrong response hence I waited. even at my age I am shocked at narrow some people are . love our home sweet home
Of course you are not "homeless." You are "houseless."

As the story goes: A reporter was interviewing a child that had just lost everything in a house fire. The reporter said: “How does it feel not having a home?” The child responded: “We still have a home. We just don’t have a place to put it.” So young and yet so wise.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #45

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
My wives aunt just passed. We are currently parked in their yard. Came up from Az in
The spring to see new Grandaughter. Stayed cause her uncle wanted me to help him
remodel.

They are about 10 years older than myself. After getting laid off in '08 I was not
going to be homeless. So I bought a MH.

Well a year or so later they bought one. He loved it but she not so much. She was
content to sit in the garage day in day out smoking. I had encouraged them to sell
and travel but no she didn't want to leave that garage. Well she didn't.

I tell my kids and friends, life is too damn short, to do yard work and not enjoy life.
If they don't get it don't worry, just enjoy.
Safe Travels.
bjcarpetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:29 AM   #46

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
we have every thing a house has in it
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #47

Presently a liveaboard boater. Friends/family didn't understand, but do now! Selling the boat to transition to a motorhome. This little saying I stole, probably from a Tiki Bar wall in the Bahamas.
On an ancient wall in China, a brooding Buddha blinks.
Deeply carved is the message "it's later than you think".
The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power.
To tell just when the hands will stop, at a late or early hour.
Now is all the time we have, the past but a golden link.
Go sailing (RVing) now my brothers, for it's later than you think!! /;-)
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #48

Country Coach Owners Club
great

That is a great , going to frame that
gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
Presently a liveaboard boater. Friends/family didn't understand, but do now! Selling the boat to transition to a motorhome. -)
OR, you could have both!

Old 12-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsgolf View Post
I don't see that as narrow minded at all.A person whom has never seen or priced out a diesel pusher simply does not know how much some of them cost
In fact if you live in a MH and have no house then in essence your homeless
in the generic sence of the word.
McRvnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #51

"It's the lifestyle we chose - not the shelter in which we live it." That's what we told an intrusive interrogating acquaintance over Thanksgiving.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #52

Thor Owners Club
Do like our FB friends do.

I have been out clearing walks and drive way three times already today in temps about 10 degrees.

Many of our retired fb friends have been sending us pictures and notes of how nice it is where they are.

One friend Don, does it on a daily basis. Of course he is a photo nut so always a new picture but it gets the DW and I wishing we were there and not here.

So, next year at this time when I see our friends in the frigid cold snow are complaining, I will send my picture and daily greetings.
I believe in paying it forward.
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #53

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
Presently a liveaboard boater. Friends/family didn't understand, but do now! Selling the boat to transition to a motorhome. This little saying I stole, probably from a Tiki Bar wall in the Bahamas.
On an ancient wall in China, a brooding Buddha blinks.
Deeply carved is the message "it's later than you think".
The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power.
To tell just when the hands will stop, at a late or early hour.
Now is all the time we have, the past but a golden link.
Go sailing (RVing) now my brothers, for it's later than you think!! /;-)
Soooo very true, thanks for posting it I am going to stitch it out as a sampler and hang it in my 'moveable home'

when friends think I have lost 'it' and exclaim how they could never do such a thing ...etc, etc,,, I just say aren't you happy you aren't married to me? I could never be around anyone with no 'joie de vivre' (love for life)

There is a whole world out there waiting for me to welcome it to my personal experiences, good or bad, and I sure don't want to leave this world and have to tell my maker I hadn't seen as much of His creation as possible!

that stops 'em!!

If we wen't meant to travel ,the wheel would still be a dream!!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #54
Rom

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Nothing - they might be more confused with what they would hear from me!
Rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRvnut View Post
I don't see that as narrow minded at all.A person whom has never seen or priced out a diesel pusher simply does not know how much some of them cost
In fact if you live in a MH and have no house then in essence your homeless
in the generic sence of the word.
What about people who rent apartments? Are they homeless too? They also own no house. IMHO fulltimers are no more homeless than apartment dwellers. Let's leave the word "homeless" to those who truly have no place to live except on the streets.
sadrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #56

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't confuse "house" with "home."

While we aren't FT yet, we're in the planning stages and the five year plan is in place. Personally, I've never felt the need to explain my life choices to anyone but my DW. Maybe ... don't fear death, fear the unlived life.
lymanlouis is offline   Reply With Quote