Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvrvr View Post
I will stick with the Dually Valve Stems. www.borgtiresupply.com

NO HOSES

George
thank you for the comment. I have valve extentions and i would need to purchase off center grommets to keep the long valve extention in place.
However i was also advised to get the "cat eye" and then ohters started to recomment the "cross fire" i really do not know what the best system is? thank you
IamGadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
With the Dually Valve, the grommets come with the package.
George
cvrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvrvr View Post
With the Dually Valve, the grommets come with the package.
George
thanks again...i see the dually valve looks like it is installed when the tire is removed from the rim. I am not ready for that. I have valve extensions and will need rubber grommets for off center.
the dually valve extension does look better since it replaces the the entire valve. It was suggested to me to look into the " Cat Eye" setup and then others replied about the " Cross Fire " setup....so now i am looking at 3 different choices at this time ( other than just using my valve extensions.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
i went to you link...it only showed smaller truck tires. I also clicked on your banner that said RV and it still only showed the smaller truck tires.
I have a 2004 newmar dutch star diesel pusher and i think it has 22.5 wheels
Old 02-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What is the price for the "Cross Fire"? The "Cat Eye"?
ravansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC06Winn39K View Post
What is the price for the "Cross Fire"? The "Cat Eye"?
You can Google "Crossfire" and come up with a price. I had mine installed by a Mobile RV Tech at a motorhome rally.

See the website: Crossfire
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #21

I went from hoses to long dually valve stems and couldn't be happier.

Why did I take the hoses off? Well, I had a flat on an inner tire, and discovered the the host going to the outboard tire had frozen on the valve stem and literally ended up tear it out (leaving me with two flats). Got everything fixed up, but decided I wanted a system that allows both wheels to be pulled without any "disassembly" so if there's an issue you can deal with it with reasonable access rather than jammed in between both tires on the axle.

Steve
SteveLevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had initially considered the crossfire system but elected to go with the borg tire dually valves with TPMS system. I have 19.5 inch tires and was not sure what my final pressure will end up being (depending on load and ride conditions). The crossfires are specifically set for one fixed pressure and can not be changed. So if you elect to drop your pressure for a better ride in accordance with the tire manufacturer's specs, your crossfire will indicate incorrect pressure. Of course, you could simply ignore the built in indicators and use the TPMS instead.

Furthermore, I was concerned about attaching this extra equipment to my hubcaps. Would it hold? would it affect the balance of the tires?

Finally, like all valve extensions, they are probably more prone to failure. I like having short valve stems that are easily accessible for maintenance.
holstein13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by holstein13 View Post
Furthermore, I was concerned about attaching this extra equipment to my hubcaps. Would it hold? would it affect the balance of the tires?
I've been running Crossfires for about 4 years. They have not moved a thousandth of an inch. Balance appears to be unaffected.

Quote:
Finally, like all valve extensions, they are probably more prone to failure.
I have had to replace the O-rings where the stems plug into the valve body but this is basically my fault since I don't run the air through a dryer. New O rings holding well now for just about 2 years. The stems themselves appear to be doing well.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote