Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2018, 05:37 PM   #1

What is going on with this slide?? Pic

We're still looking for our used RV, & we have sifted thru quite a few. We presently own a BT Cruiser, it's been a great rig, but its tiny. Today, my wife found a nice looking (inside and out) 2013 Forest River Georgetown 335DS Gasser. Very low miles, and a good price. We're aware of FR's problems, but have found that it seems like Georgetowns get better reviews
than many other of FR Rv's. It was a good looking RV, and It was used as a home.
I'm going out tomorrow to see it. Everything, as far as she could see looked good, tires, no delam, the slide on the passenger side looked fine. BUT on the drivers slide, she saw this, which I've pictured below. It was on the slide behind the drivers door. Keep in mind that there was no cable that she saw on the passengers side. I'm thinking that the drivers slide broke at one time, and they fit it with a cable. Either way, in this one and only particular area, the rubber seal had also flipped out. I'd appreciate your take on this, as we have never had a RV with a slide. Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YUP.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	211586  
KathyandMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2018, 05:48 AM   #2

It’s a different type of slide that utilizes a cable. I have one in my bedroom for the wall with my dressers. As far as the seal goes I reattached mine with some small screws.
G Schulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:26 AM   #3

Cable driven slides are quite normal. I have two of them and they work fine.
Fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:19 AM   #4

As above, cable type slide. Also, it is very common to have more than one type of slide on a particular RV, so what you have found, except for the loose seal, is normal.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:34 AM   #5

Slide seal maintenance and repair work is scheduled about the same as roof inspections. I would take a good close look at the rv and slide roof. Just saying.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:28 AM   #6

Looks like that seal is flipped and ripping out of its mount. Not a huge deal but needs attention. If you like the rig negotiate that into the price.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:57 AM   #7

GSchulz - Thank you. I'm sorry for my late reply...somehow I couldn't find my post and I thought it was taken down. Found the post this morning. Thank you for your response. This is on our bedroom slide as well. WE made a note of the sealant coming off and the dealer is going to reattach it before we take delivery.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltimer View Post
Cable driven slides are quite normal. I have two of them and they work fine.
Fulltimer, thank you for your response. We are new new to slides, so thank you -our response is appreciated. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2018, 08:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
As above, cable type slide. Also, it is very common to have more than one type of slide on a particular RV, so what you have found, except for the loose seal, is normal.
Thank you so much. This is our first MH with a slide, so we're getting the seal fixed before delivery next week. We have alot to learn before then!
Old 07-21-2018, 08:04 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggcrisp View Post
Slide seal maintenance and repair work is scheduled about the same as roof inspections. I would take a good close look at the rv and slide roof. Just saying.
Bigcrisp, thank you. WE looked at the two slides, checked them out had them bought in and out, everything except that seal looks good. The dealer is repairing that slide before we take delivery next week. Thank you for your help. We appreciate it.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:06 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemike View Post
Looks like that seal is flipped and ripping out of its mount. Not a huge deal but needs attention. If you like the rig negotiate that into the price.
Thank you so much, the dealer is taking care of the seal along with a few other things before we take delivery next week. This is a learning curve for us. We went from a 22 foot BTouring Cruiser with no slide to a 35 ft FR Georgetown with two. Thank you again.

Tags
slide