Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2019, 04:16 PM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2psnapod View Post
Best advice I have heard!
Whose, You didn’t quote anyone?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2019, 04:57 PM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionguy10 View Post
Lights, really? That is a number one concern? Gee, I guess we are now in Russia...Yes, if I'm in a place where people want to watch the stars I can see having the lights off when people are outside looking at stars. But at night when mice come around, I can see people wanting to use lights to make their site less likely to be invaded. So compromise who cares if lights are on outside when your eyelids are closed.

Everyone has something that bothers them about their neighbor...just go with the flow and love thy neighbor!

Common irritations for me:
1. Leaving trash after you leave a site.
2. Placing sewer hoses and sewer parts on the picnic table. Yes I've seen this happen. Little kids eat their...common...

3. Taking 30 minute showers like your at home. Quick in and out when others are waiting for their turn is common courtesy.

4. Encroaching on other peoples sites with equipment, vehicles, animals, guests etc.

5. Leaving food out so animals start coming in to the campground; including bears and dangerous types.

I say if you want to have it all your way go camp by yourself in the wilderness. As for me, I just look the other way, maybe shake my head and try and get along.
Welcome to the forum.
Very nice response.
Lynn
Old 10-30-2019, 06:19 PM   #227

Get off my lawn!!!
Old 10-31-2019, 05:05 AM   #228

Personally, I prefer to be around people. The wilderness is OK from time to time, but I love meeting new friends, hanging out and people-watching. We were at the Ben Avery Shooters Campground in Phoenix a couple years ago and we were the ONLY ones there for 6 weeks. It was kinda spooky!
Old 10-31-2019, 09:22 AM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWoodBoss View Post
Wow, being a new RV'er I didn't know all this stuff really mattered, at least now I can be all stressed out sitting under my awning in the dark !!
Don`t get stressed and don`t worry all the whining will end soon enough when they stop camping cause of age. But for some the light at the end of the tunnel is really a locomotive barreling down on them at full speed. yes I know it`s all about compromise as long as your doing what they think you should be doing.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:28 AM   #230

I guess this should be the "right to light" or look-ee at me " thread.
The lights don't bother me much since I have yet to be put next to anyone with them strung all over the site. I was in Cumberland Gap National park about two weeks ago. Got up at around 3 am to walk the dog and check out the stars .Out of 50 occupied campsites with nothing more than a dim porch light, was this one site where it looked like Christmas in a trailer park. I was on the other side of the hill but if he had pulled in next to me and left them on all night, he and I would be having a conversation. There seems to be an entitlement attitude amongst some RV'ers on this thread that since you paid for a nights stay you should be entitled to annoy everyone else at will.
Last week we were at a campground in Ga where it specifically stated that accent and bright lighting was to be turned off by 11 pm.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:12 PM   #231

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSHGTO View Post
Don`t get stressed and don`t worry all the whining will end soon enough when they stop camping cause of age. But for some the light at the end of the tunnel is really a locomotive barreling down on them at full speed. yes I know it`s all about compromise as long as your doing what they think you should be doing.
Exactly how does age apply to the OP’s post?
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 10-31-2019, 08:48 PM   #232

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
OP here. After reading through most of the replies in this thread and researching the topic a bit, I think I can understand the concern of critters nesting in our rigs, especially in the desert areas.
One of our stops was a week at Gilbert Ray, a Pima County managed campground near Tucson. This is a desert campground in Tucson Mountain Park, west of the city in a rural area. While I did not notice any obnoxious displays of lights around sites, I did notice the campground hosts placed a spotlight nightly under each of their vehicles and fifth wheel. Others had left their hoods open. So it would appear packrats are a problem.
I'm not sure how much of a problem packrats are in a crowded urban park where people come and go frequently, but I can certainly understand how it might be in a rural setting, especially if one is staying more than a few days.
Fortunately we didn't have any problems with packrats but we did see a good sized javelina and a huge tarantula!
Old 11-01-2019, 04:36 AM   #233

If what you REALLY want is to deter critters try these or something like them. There are many such options on Amazon. If you like "party lights" at least turn them off when you go to bed. You may love them. Others may not. On a personal basis, I'm really surprised, disappointed and turned off by the apparent "Screw you. I'll do what I please!" and downright insulting attitude of some posters. I thought better of us as a group. Live and learn. .

Loraffe 2 Pack Under Hood Animal Repeller Battery Operated Rodent Repellent Ultrasonic Rat Deterrent Keep Mice Away from Car. Loraffe Under Hood Animal Repeller Car Rat Repeller Rodent Repellent Ultrasonic Mouse Deterrent for 12V 24V Vehicle Automobile Get Rid of Mice in Car Engine with Ultrasound and LED Flashlights

Customer Rating 4 out of 5 stars (78) 4 out of 5 stars (79) 4 out of 5 stars (38) 3 out of 5 stars (15)
Price $22.99
Old 11-01-2019, 08:45 AM   #234

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
IMHO: It really doesn’t matter. We’ve been RVing for 50 years and full time for 3 yrs. We’ve been all over this country and much of Canada. We’ve had a few mice before we learned not to keep crackers in the basement and put the dog food in rodent proof container. None since. Ants at times!

I like the stars, so we’ve spent time in the southwest camping in BLM areas.

When in an “RV Resort” we realize it’s a community of RVers and many decorate their 30X50 rented lot very nicely.

What bugs us are the campers playing loud music past the Quiet Hours. Fortunately that has only happened a few time in all our years.

Enjoy your RV and camping. You’ll create memories and it’s fun to watch TV travel shows and say “we were there”.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:04 AM   #235

must be special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
Exactly how does age apply to the OP’s post?
You have answered your own question. Tree huggers and Grumpy old men tend to suck the fun out of life, with opinions that fit in their agenda. Go back and read post 129. He if had waited he would have seen the lights off the next night, I left the lights on by mistake and they are very dim accent lights I turn on by remote control when we are pulling in to the lot or I have to deal with something on the camper at night (very usefull). That`s OK I called him out and he had no answer just a self severing opinion.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:57 PM   #236

Lets not fool ourselves... we re not camping. We are RVing in RV Resorts that included water electricity sewer pools putt putt and the list goes on. Just like the law, if there are no rules against it, it is perfectly permissible. Make a little adjustment and enjoy what is before. This will make the world a sweeter place to live
Old 11-01-2019, 06:02 PM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Jock View Post
I

Loraffe 2 Pack Under Hood Animal Repeller Battery Operated Rodent Repellent Ultrasonic Rat Deterrent Keep Mice Away from Car. Loraffe Under Hood Animal Repeller Car Rat Repeller Rodent Repellent Ultrasonic Mouse Deterrent for 12V 24V Vehicle Automobile Get Rid of Mice in Car Engine with Ultrasound and LED Flashlights

Customer Rating 4 out of 5 stars (78) 4 out of 5 stars (79) 4 out of 5 stars (38) 3 out of 5 stars (15)
Price $22.99

Becareful of some of the rodent repellents. I put 2 packs of "Cab Fresh" under my hood and for back up also placed a spring mouse trap on top of the turbo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fresh Cab.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	265596  
Old 11-01-2019, 07:47 PM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by flan View Post
Get off my lawn!!!
That hasn't been funny in years.
Closed Thread