Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2014, 07:26 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
I'm with you brother. Follow the $$$$.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Yep. Fly those private jets!! Make big $$$ on global warming speeches. The American way !!

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #44

So Gary when China opened the gates on the Three Gorges project and the earth actually shuddered (can get you references if you like) what do you think the event could have done to the dynamic solid/fluid interface between the earth and the atmosphere?

I really am curious for an experts view, logic tells me that such an event would cause significant changes in weather patterns.
-----------

I hesitate to further the discussion of climate change, since this isn't the right place for that. This is a site for discussions of safe things RVing! I do apologise to everyone here for starting this!!! I thought I was providing some useful information and didn't think that I would start what amounts to a religious/political argument!

I would be happy to take the discussion off line, or at least off this forum if you like.

Gary
GaryB48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:47 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
What I would like to know is how you fit that big fancy NICE rv into that little garage in the picture ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
A good running start

TeJay
We lay her on her side & push her in with a tractor.

Actually, she'd got her own garage just out of the photo.

Dusting off my soap box...

I taught science for longer than I want to admit ago (read 30 years) and as a part of the curriculum taught global warming and can tick off the predictions made then and what is happening now.

It was never that humans were entirely at fault but what we were and still are doing contributes to the earth's natural cycles. The wild weather we're having is one of the predictions made 30+ years ago that is coming true. The droughts, the floods, the huge snow storms, the extremely hot summers and excruciatingly cold winters are a result of both our earth's cycle our our needs.

Okay... I'm climbing off my soap box and packing it away.
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #46

Not much.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post

This is just not right! 5" of snow with lows in the teens & highs only in the 20s. Poor BABS is stuck outside because we have stuff in her garage that we can't move yet.
What is wrong is that you got soap powder ALL over the ground and your RV. Need to sweep that up and put it back in the box.
taffrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:22 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
That sounds like the best way.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:32 PM   #48

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryB48 View Post
For those of you that are interested...the global air and ocean temperatures are now the highest they have been since records began. All that extra heat and moisture in the atmosphere is causing the jet stream to go crazy. (The jet stream is a high altitude 'river' of very strong winds, essentially caused by the difference in temperature and moisture betweens the Arctic and the tropics). Weather systems for most of North America are guided by the jet stream.

Think of a garden hose if you don't hold onto it near the nozzle...it will wiggle all over the place. That is what is happening to the jet stream, so everyone gets erratic and extreme weather. Global warming isn't about warming where you are, but about warming of the planet. Locally, expect more extremes...droughts, floods, blizzards, hail, you name it. Welcome to the future.

GaryB48 (retired oceanographer)
Thanks Gary,

Well spoken. I wish people would pay more attention to the science and not just believe what they want.
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #49

I just noticed that there is a very small totally white (snow covered?) man pushing a strange looking snow blower (?) on the right side of the photo near the wall! Oh, we could come up with all sorts of stories... Must have been a heck of a blizzard!
GaryB48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:49 PM   #50

Pull those wipers up before they freeze in the prostrated position!
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:22 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryB48 View Post
For those of you that are interested...the global air and ocean temperatures are now the highest they have been since records began. All that extra heat and moisture in the atmosphere is causing the jet stream to go crazy. (The jet stream is a high altitude 'river' of very strong winds, essentially caused by the difference in temperature and moisture betweens the Arctic and the tropics). Weather systems for most of North America are guided by the jet stream.

Think of a garden hose if you don't hold onto it near the nozzle...it will wiggle all over the place. That is what is happening to the jet stream, so everyone gets erratic and extreme weather. Global warming isn't about warming where you are, but about warming of the planet. Locally, expect more extremes...droughts, floods, blizzards, hail, you name it. Welcome to the future.

GaryB48 (retired oceanographer)
No question about warming "since records began" but earth history shows geologic signs of ice ages every 10, 000 years or so. Jetstream whipping up and down, or not.
Just because it's a new temperature to us, doesn't make it bad for the earth... just new to the earth we are used to, but still part of a natural cycle.
Climate change or global warming or whatever you want to call it is cyclical, natural, and the earth will be here thriving one way or another millions of years after humans are gone. Nature has a funny way of adapting.
You ever check the history of the area around Petrified Forest NP? Used to be a swamp ya know... Now it's a National Park, but it was frozen for a while, and now it's a desert. Does that make it bad?
There is no question about the climate changing... it's supposed to change. I just wish I could get an accurate forecast for this weekend!
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:38 AM   #52

Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI-Minnie View Post
No question about warming "since records began" but earth history shows geologic signs of ice ages every 10, 000 years or so. Jetstream whipping up and down, or not.
Just because it's a new temperature to us, doesn't make it bad for the earth... just new to the earth we are used to, but still part of a natural cycle.
Climate change or global warming or whatever you want to call it is cyclical, natural, and the earth will be here thriving one way or another millions of years after humans are gone. Nature has a funny way of adapting.
You ever check the history of the area around Petrified Forest NP? Used to be a swamp ya know... Now it's a National Park, but it was frozen for a while, and now it's a desert. Does that make it bad?
There is no question about the climate changing... it's supposed to change. I just wish I could get an accurate forecast for this weekend!
X2 on all of that. One addition.....man cannot change what God has ordained.
taffrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:15 AM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy9605 View Post
Snow Birds! "The Other White Meat" Happy Camping!
Good one!
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote