Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #29

Thanks GaryB48, that's very interesting, please chime in with info anytime.
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryB48 View Post
For those of you that are interested...the global air and ocean temperatures are now the highest they have been since records began. All that extra heat and moisture in the atmosphere is causing the jet stream to go crazy. (The jet stream is a high altitude 'river' of very strong winds, essentially caused by the difference in temperature and moisture betweens the Arctic and the tropics). Weather systems for most of North America are guided by the jet stream.

Think of a garden hose if you don't hold onto it near the nozzle...it will wiggle all over the place. That is what is happening to the jet stream, so everyone gets erratic and extreme weather. Global warming isn't about warming where you are, but about warming of the planet. Locally, expect more extremes...droughts, floods, blizzards, hail, you name it. Welcome to the future.

GaryB48 (retired oceanographer)
So Gary when China opened the gates on the Three Gorges project and the earth actually shuddered (can get you references if you like) what do you think the event could have done to the dynamic solid/fluid interface between the earth and the atmosphere?
I really am curious for an experts view, logic tells me that such an event would cause significant changes in weather patterns.

Steve
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #31

its raining here in FL hard right now
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:53 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post

This is just not right! 5" of snow with lows in the teens & highs only in the 20s. Poor BABS is stuck outside because we have stuff in her garage that we can't move yet.

IMO - Perfect photo op. There could be someone standing out in front with a pair of skiis and a knit cap. At least pretending they were enjoying the weather.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #33

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
About this global warming thing; seems to me that around 30 - 35 years ago, National Geographic mag had an issue devoted to the emerging ice age. Weather has fluctuated ever since they have kept records, and scientists will come up with any agenda that suits them. Bet I hear about that.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:14 PM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
X-2
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #35

That is balmy weather in Northern Michigan. We had 50 deg today and our 14 inches of snow melted.

And, science doesn't care if you "believe" or not. If you don't get it, then you are just unable to comprehend.

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:27 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost I View Post
About this global warming thing; seems to me that around 30 - 35 years ago, National Geographic mag had an issue devoted to the emerging ice age. Weather has fluctuated ever since they have kept records, and scientists will come up with any agenda that suits them. Bet I hear about that.

I'm with you brother. Follow the $$$$.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:30 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmweb View Post
.............And, science doesn't care if you "believe" or not. If you don't get it, then you are just unable to comprehend
Why did you have to ruin a perfectly reasonable discussion with your not so subtle name calling. This forum generally provides a place for gentlemen (and ladies) to agree to disagree without acrimony.
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #38

What I would like to know is how you fit that big fancy NICE rv into that little garage in the picture ???
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 02:29 PM   #39

Ford Super Duty Owner
A good running start

TeJay
Old 11-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
A good running start

TeJay
Probably also dumps the air and used reduced tire pressure!
Old 11-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #41

ralphie X2....You are right it was a reasonable discussion and many people including myself disagree with global warming being the only cause of all our weather issues. Unfortunately there are some people who no matter what the issue if you disagree with them or don't see things the same way, they resort to name calling and pretending they are more intelligent than those who disagree with them and therfore the others opinion is meaninless to them.

This forum is way better than that as there is always more than one way to fix something, or different opinions on any subject, and that is how you learn and consider other options.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:14 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
A good running start

TeJay
Aw yes,,, us NW Arkansas people think alike !!!!
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote