RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2018, 09:32 PM   #1

What is your exit plan?

Most will not remain in an rv until death, although some do. I read where a lot of folks are selling their SnB to pay for the rv and travel. Right now, before we even get started DW is asking what are we going to do when we are done rving. What plans do you guys have when you are done.

rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2018, 09:50 PM   #2
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm thinking that my small MH will become the mother-in-law cottage on my daughter's property. Put it up on blocks. I know it's pretty Redneck, and it might not happen. That's what I would like to happen. I'm quite fond of this place.

I've lived here longer than anywhere, EVER. I guess I was born a nomad. My dad worked for an oil company and we moved every 3-4 years when I was growing up. At least I don’t have to pack and unpack as much when I move now.

okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:29 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Life is a series of adventures for us. We have not picked the next one yet.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvethereyet View Post
I read where a lot of folks are selling their SnB to pay for the rv and travel.
Bad idea! We would have never started this lifestyle if it had required using proceeds from S & B sale to finance it as those funds could be needed for exit when/if you need to. We have been full timing (no S&B or storage) since Sep 2010 and don't dwell on an exit plan.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:54 AM   #5

No exit plan whatsoever. We aren't promised tomorrow - much less next year or 10 years from now. We plan to have fun RVing as long as we possibly can - then we'll face that question/decision when it's time.

Quite the same as living in our home - we never know how long we'll be able to live alone in our S&B. My in-laws were still living alone until six months ago (he's almost 90 and she's 86) - then pretty much within one month their health changed so dramatically they're no longer able to live alone.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:43 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coulda Shoulda Woulda

We decided that life is short and we are not guaranteed tomorrow. Had some friends that waited until retirement to do anything like an RV or to travel. She contracted cancer about a year before retirement and passed before 65. Why wait for "maybe"? We decided that since our health is good and we are still able to do things we would get a Class A and enjoy life. If you sit on your assets until you die, then believe you me, someone else will spend them. Enjoy what you have and do not be scared of what life "might" bring. JMHO.
david.howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I'm thinking that my small MH will become the mother-in-law cottage on my daughter's property..
I was just pricing rv garages the other day wondering if the zoning where my daughter is considering purchasing a house would allow it. The thought was pretty much the same, mother-in-law apartment. Use it as a home base and be more seasonal rvers and spend our time off the road living in the rv in an oversized rv garage in the daughters back yard. I was a little thrown off when her husband suggested it and thought it was a great idea. I thought for sure he would be lukewarm to the inlaws using the backyard as a homebase
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:36 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Currently working on it. Building s&b in 55 plus community near everything needed for old age living. Will trade stuff storage bill for RV storage bill and make short trips with community RV club and maybe keep our CO. resort spot for summer use. Just reversing process of going fulltime. One more adventure.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.howard View Post
We decided that life is short and we are not guaranteed tomorrow. Had some friends that waited until retirement to do anything like an RV or to travel. She contracted cancer about a year before retirement and passed before 65. Why wait for "maybe"? We decided that since our health is good and we are still able to do things we would get a Class A and enjoy life. If you sit on your assets until you die, then believe you me, someone else will spend them. Enjoy what you have and do not be scared of what life "might" bring. JMHO.
Well said!
Old 04-22-2018, 05:30 PM   #10

We'll know when the Good Lord lets us know, then WE'LL BE GOOD WITH THAT!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:09 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our plan is to part time and keep the homestead. Three out and three in or whatever suits us at the time. Plus throw in a month or two locally as a camp host at the state parks or military CGs.

We currently have a ranch (single story not a "Texas Cattle Ranch") on a low maintenance lot with low taxes and reasonable utilities. Bonas, the mortgage will be paid off next year. Kitchen rework last year, bathrooms the year before and a new roof is in the budget for 2024 so the house will be good to go for a 2026 retirement with our only debt being the coach and toad. Plus the Navigator can't pull herself away from the old neighborhood as long as the two daughters are still in the area.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:21 PM   #12

This is my exit plan.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:01 PM   #13

Out for Ever is our plan

The little Misses and I have lived in the same town for 34 years and the same house for over 21. We couldn't leave and enjoy ourselves worrying about what could be happening behind us. We only want to concern ourselves with what is in front of us.

Thomas T K
ThomasBachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:07 PM   #14

We're not sure yet and not really going to worry about it either.

Craig1960 is offline   Reply With Quote