Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: If a Campground/RV Park/RV Resort posts "Quiet Hours" in their rules do you feel that
Proactive 103 89.57%
Reactive 7 6.09%
I don't care, I'll be one of the partiers! 3 2.61%
No Opinion 2 1.74%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
What is your take on "Quiet Hours"?

We are currently in a very popular RV (self described) Resort that does have Quiet Hours rules from 11 PM to 7 AM but they are reactively enforced. In other words if you have rowdy neighbors, you have to complain before anything is done about it. We have also stayed in many places, including State Parks, where shortly after Quiet Hours are in effect, the Park takes a proactive stance and patrols the CG a couple of times to ensure that everyone is in compliance.

The reason I bring this up is that we returned from sight seeing and dinner Saturday evening around 9 PM and our neighbors immediately to our right had quite the gathering going on. As the evening wore on the louder and more raucous it became and never began to quiet down until well after midnight. It finally broke up just before 1 AM. We never said or did anything because most places we've stayed patrolled the park just after the beginning of quiet hours if there was the potential for that kind of behavior. So we just turned on the AC to drown out the noise anyway. However, we did joke about firing up 400 HP of CAT diesel at 7:01 AM to rock their world the next morning, considering the exhaust pipe is on their side of the coach.

If a Campground/RV Park/RV Resort posts "Quiet Hours" in their rules do you feel that they should be proactively enforced or reactively enforced?

Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Most have quiet hours and most will hand them out in the packet or paperwork given when checking in.
That being said the current KOA park we are at (Acton, CA) we have been at for about a year now. The manager that was here when we got here was great, Frank. He and the family that did most of the work in the office and campground made sure everyone was taken care of and that quiet hours were adhered to. Then Frank left to take a different job about 5 months ago. The park has now gone thru 3 other sets of managers. One couple lasted about 2 weeks before being given 24 hrs to leave. The next couple said that they used to own a campground before but in the 3 months or so that they were here she could not get the computer system down and he didn't even know how to change out a plug on the receptacle. He then got a different job and then they left.
Now onto the manager that is currently here ...... as soon as the month is up for us we will NOT be back with this one here. There is a band that is staying here too and they were given the lodge for the winter to practice in for performing at a car show they had here. They are not only practicing (maybe 5 times in a month do they practice) there but they use it for sleeping, cooking, partying and at all hours. And the last review on rvparkreviews is about some "smelling of MJ's" and that was probably from the lodge. Complain to the manager (Jose) and he will do nothing about the band. But he will watch others in the campground to see who they talk to and how long they talk to them and if they make noise after the 10pm quiet hours he will then do something. He has made the one and only girl that knew anything about the computer system leave and get a different job. Now they close the office at times to figure out how to even do reservations ..... Yea we will not be here much longer.
So if they people doing the partying are friends of the manager then they probably will not do anything no matter what to stop any bad behavior but then you may be on their black list.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #3

Proactive

I would like most parks to extend the quiet hours t obe 7:00 pm to 7:00 am.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #4

A vote for the early morning engine wash and outdoor breakfast. make sure to get a nice loud pressure washer! Around 6:00am is always a good time. The gen exhaust is usually on the same side as the engine exhaust, so thats a good deterrent to a party as well. If they arent following the rules, why should you?
Old 05-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
I don't understand the poll question/choices...but I do approve of "Quiet hours"!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
I don't understand the poll question/choices...but I do approve of "Quiet hours"!
I believe the OP means should the campground be proactive enforcing the quiet hours rules by patrolling the area after the quiet time, or reactive and only respond to complaints. Other two choices are self-explanatory.

I believe they should be proactive and make a couple of drives through the campground shortly after quiet time. I also believe they should enforce speed limits, if posted, but most parks I've been in never seem to do it.
BobGed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
I believe the OP means should the campground be proactive enforcing the quiet hours rules by patrolling the area after the quiet time, or reactive and only respond to complaints. Other two choices are self-explanatory.

I believe they should be proactive and make a couple of drives through the campground shortly after quiet time. I also believe they should enforce speed limits, if posted, but most parks I've been in never seem to do it.
That is exactly what I meant Bob.

I also agree with you on the speed limits. Too many little kids running around and too much dust being raised not to go slow. While I personally detest speed bumps, I can't think of a better place for them than a CG or RV Park.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #8

If your paying they should be making others observe the rules even if it means to get dressed and go notify them.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Unfortunatly, rules are made to be broken! If you are the ones doing the breaking and nobody enforces them, then chances are you will do it again.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Cajun Palms in Henderson, LA and Emerald Coast in Navarre, FL are two campgrounds that do not enforce their published rules. Emerald Coast will be glad to tell the folks who complained on them so that they can come damage/destroy your property when you not on site. If you wish to party all night with a bunch of drunks that's two place you need to consider going. You will be unmolested.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
Carolina Campers
Send a message via Skype™ to Tugboat
2 years ago when attending the Kentucky Derby the young adults (LOL) in the site next to us got out of control. After 2 visits to the office were they was told to quiet down. After my windshield and side window were shot with a BB gun and the police came. The campground asked them to leave. NEVER GOT PAID for the damage even with there address, phone # and pressed charges.
Tugboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #12

When established laws/rules are not enforced it breeds contempt for all laws/rules.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #13

We find in most parks that the quiet hours are seldom enforsed.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #14

I don't care if I'm in a State Park or a nice Private Park. I want it fairly quiet between 11pm and 7am. I don't want someone's generator going all night long.

Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote