Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #71

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the help

Winnie the black lab joined our family last Monday. She is a rescue dog and is a joy. 8 weeks old and full of P--- and vinegar. Already picked out her spot in the motorhome. Thank all of you for you imput on this very important decision for us.
Warmest regards,
Cal and Lisa
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #72

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks to all who participated. We got a dog !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calhyatt View Post
I hope this question about dogs and motorhomes will help me and my DW help us select a dog that is right for motorhome travel. I have always had big dogs, (Labs)and lots of land for them to run on. Now we have a motorhome. Our last dog was a big black lab and she passed away a couple of years ago and I just didn't want another dog right away. Well now is the time to get a new dog and I would like some imput from this community on what kind of dogs adapt well to the close quarters and such. I am sure I don't want another big dog now and so I ask this question. What kind of dog has worked for you and your wife in a Class A motorhome. thanks for any help you can give..
Winnie the black lab joined us on Monday. She is a trip that is full of p--- and vinegar. Already picked out her spot in the MH. Thank you all for your imput. We enjoyed the various opinions.
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #73

National RV Owners Club
We have had AKC registered Bulldogs for years, but the next Dog we get will be a rescue Mutt or Mix of some kind. The AKC has promoted the standard to the point that life span and health issues are a travesty in pure breeds. Our Bulldogs are wonderful creatures and as such I find that they win your heart and then break it in six or seven years. I just lost my best friend, see my avatar, after six years so I'm biased, but the in-breading encouraged by the AKC is next to cruelty to animals.
I'm all for getting the size that fits your life style in a mixed critter. I never met a dog I didn't like.
Dick
Old 08-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #74

We carry a hush puppy stuffed bassit hound; doesn;t bark; don;t have to walk it don;t have to pick up it;s poo. best dog we ever had.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #75

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by calhyatt View Post
I hope this question about dogs and motorhomes will help me and my DW help us select a dog that is right for motorhome travel. I have always had big dogs, (Labs)and lots of land for them to run on. Now we have a motorhome. Our last dog was a big black lab and she passed away a couple of years ago and I just didn't want another dog right away. Well now is the time to get a new dog and I would like some imput from this community on what kind of dogs adapt well to the close quarters and such. I am sure I don't want another big dog now and so I ask this question. What kind of dog has worked for you and your wife in a Class A motorhome. thanks for any help you can give..
Calhyatt

With all the responses, this should make your decision easier. (One of each)

jack
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #76

You would never regret a Brussels Griffon, small, very loyal, lovable, QUIET and smart.
lms1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #77

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack R View Post
Calhyatt

With all the responses, this should make your decision easier. (One of each)

jack
Old 08-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #78

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have been raising and training golden retrievers as therapy dogs for many years. When we started RVing, the dogs (we had two at the time) traveled with us, and visited hospitals, nursing homes and the like at various stops (we were full-timing at the time in a 5th wheel). Now with the motor home we have only one, a female, and before she matured from "puppyhood", I thought that I would need therapy. She has developed into a great travel companion, however, and really loves to "meet and greet" at all the campgrounds and RV parks. The dog hair is another story, however!!

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #79

Quote:
This is the only kind we will have. Over the years, we've had two dogs with our RVs. ALL dogs are a royal PITA...have to walk them, rain, sleet, snow 115 degrees, makes no difference; they track in dirt, leaves, sand, other dogs poo, they shed, tear up things, etc. Want a pet...get a cat, bird, fish, etc. Every time the weather is nasty and we are sitting in our MH and some poor guy (normally it's the guy) goes by walking his dog...I'm glad we don't have one any more.
Yea , but I bet you ain't no chick magnet by yourself. I never new how much I loved my two Poodles. I"d get rid of the DW before getting rid of the pups.
(And they have never once talked back or snitched on me)

You know what my dogs call cats? BAIT
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #80

There are dog lovers and there are those that don;t, If I had to depend on a dog to get a women or man which ever the case might be; well --------------you fill in the blanks.
I had a live basset hound that traveled with me once; never again.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #81

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
Mack, "The Killer Cock-a-Poo" is great as navigator.

One bark = Left

Two barks = right

Three or more = Petsmart Store in view.

Another vote for non-shedding breed of your choice.

LOVE IT!