Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #15

DW and I added a 3 inch gel foam topper to our standard short queen in our rig. Bought it at Aldi's last winter for $119.99 which is the best price I've seen for gel foam. That is the key to adding a foam topper, the gel foam is cool to lay on even in the summer whereas normal memory foam can be very hot. We love the comfort now in the RV more than our S & Bs.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #16

I have an Olympic Queen from MattressInsider that we really like. Next best thing to a King mattress.

Old 12-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #17

We got a RV8000 mattress from here: Tempflow - The Memory Foam Mattress That Breathes!
It is comparable to a Temper-Pedic. Matter of fact, we have a Temper-Pedic at home and both my wife and I like the one we got from TempFlow better. Seems to be a little cooler to sleep on and a bit firmer.

Old 12-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #18
IC2

When we bought our new 5er this summer, part of the deal would be that we would try out the new mattress in the new trailer at the sales lot vs the $immons Beautirest that had been purchased mid season last year and only slept on possibly 30 nights in the old 5er. The dealer would then make the swap on the lot if that new one wasn't up to our comfort level. Needless to say, the old trailer got a brand new, never used, as supplied by Keystone's Montana unit mattress!!!
Old 12-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
sleep number bed
Old 12-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Back in 1994 when my ex-wife and I were truck drivers, we had a custom made custom sized mattress made to fit the sleeper berth of the truck we were driving. It is extra firm, double pillow top, and twin width but extra long. I still have that mattress, and it still feels great. I throw it in the back of the pick up for quickie camping trips and let guests sleep on it, and they love it. It was custom made in Portland OR and I think the company was Crown. If other custom mattresses are made as well as the one I have, I'd seriously look into one before deciding.
Old 12-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #21

Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
stearns and foster luxury Estate Awesome mattress
Old 12-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #22
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We use the Select Comfort Sleep Number mattresses in both the stick house and MH!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:35 PM   #23

Ours came with the "luxurious Pillow Top Mattress" upgrade from Newmar. We thought we would have to put a regular mattress in, but decided to try it. We added a thick mattress cover we bought at Costco for about thirty dollars. We have a high end tempurpedic in the house, and to be honest the bed in the MH is more comfortable and we sleep better on it. I know you can order them from Newmar. The upgrade cost was $221, but I don't know if that included the price of the standard mattress.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:36 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom View Post
sleep number bed
Times four, just ordered our fifth for new S/B being built. Had them in past home, past coach, this coach now! Love them!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #25

I sold my home and bought my coach. It had the factory queen in it to which I threw out and replaced it with my home mattress I have been using for years and it makes me very happy. It's a Bobby Bear from Bob's here in CT.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Memory foam at home and in the MH
Old 12-10-2014, 12:05 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincee View Post
DW and I added a 3 inch gel foam topper to our standard short queen in our rig. Bought it at Aldi's last winter for $119.99 which is the best price I've seen for gel foam. That is the key to adding a foam topper, the gel foam is cool to lay on even in the summer whereas normal memory foam can be very hot. We love the comfort now in the RV more than our S & Bs.
We did the same thing--memory foam topper from Aldi's. And it sleeps great.

I cannot get over all the owners switching over to ultra expensive mattresses. We're sleeping on BedInABag.com memory foam mattresses at home, and they're incredibly comfortable--$700 for 11" gel foam mattress.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #28

Another vote for bed in a box.