Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #29
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
1. Plug in the Progressive Industries EMS to see if the pedestal power is okay.

2. Other stuff.
Thats what I do also. Then I am on campground power while we level and put out slides. Have yet to find bad power on a pedestal. Also if hot out, it gets the AC cranking during setup.

KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2014, 11:46 AM   #30

Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
Thats what I do also. Then I am on campground power while we level and put out slides. Have yet to find bad power on a pedestal. Also if hot out, it gets the AC cranking during setup.
Had 2 bad neutrals on pedestals since getting the P.I. Once in newer park, once in older one. It saved me.

Dave and Nola, RVM1
The Journey is Our Destination!

CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #31
Triple E Owners Club

Coach manufactures vary on the sequence of the extension of slides.

The Palazzo should to be level and plugged into shore power (or have the generator on) before slide activation. The slide should be fully extended and/or fully retracted. It is NOT advised to move the slide just a small amount (in either direction-- in or out). The slide is be completely and fully retracted or extended.

We owned an HR Vacationer 30 SFS (full wall slide) and Monaco/HR recommended a different sequence for the slide activation. Thor Palazzo units are to be leveled and then the slides activated.
2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #32
Originally Posted by cavedvr View Post
also always use a quality water regulator when you hook up to your spigot.
As is often the case, what works for some RVs does not work for all RVs.
My coach has a factory installed water pressure regulator built into the water entry.
If I use another regulator when I hook up to the spigot, the volumn, (aka: amount of water flowing), from the faucets and shower, is unsatisfactory.
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #33
Appalachian Campers
I really don't care which way you level - slide in or out. However we have been on sites that were out of level left to right pretty badly. Now, think about this, those with non-hydraulic slides. If the coach is out of level, the electric motor pulling those slides out has to work harder pushing the slide up the hill to extend it. I for one don't want to replace those things as it is a pain and the harder they work, the more likely they are to fail. I will level first then extend the slides. It is easier to push something on a level surface than uphill.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #34
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by TXPackerFan View Post
You guys are great! I like the last post best - let the DW get it the way she wants it!

Unfortunately the Thor manual is not very explicit except to say slides should be extended and retracted with the coach as level as possible. Guess I will ask the tech when we stay overnight up in Alvarado.
Welcome to the palazzo family!! We have had ours 4 months and love it. If you haven't already, check in on the thor owners forum. Lots of good info and people on there too.

Billy and Danielle
2013 Thor Palazzo 33.3
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote