Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #43
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
You guys are too much. My DH is the friendly one that people probably wish would go home. I'm like Sarah W, if my yawning, and looking around bored doesn't work, I get up and go inside. The DH is still out there . anyone?
Yes, DW is the friendly one in our marriage, perhaps we need to set up a tag team play.

Send me in when you want to get rid of the neighbors

'98 Gulf Stream Sunsport 325, 7.5L Banks Power Pack, Koni FSD's, Air Bags, ReadyBrute Elite,
2000 Honda Accord

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #44
I agree with gauto5150...I remember a time when RVers where relatively friendly and that was part of the charm was to socialize with the neighbors some. Now everyone seems to be more anti-social and interested in being cooped up inside watching the satellite TV. I agree that some people overstep boundaries though. I've never had problems in that area because that's why I go camping... to be sociable and be around others with a common interest.I tend to let people approach ME if they want to chat, and when they get long winded I excuse myself politely. I don't understand why people feel the need to be rude or have that " to hell with them, I will never see them again" attitude. But the RV lifestyle has become filled with it... I see it everyday at work. Reading this, I can just see what the National Rally will be like..... 100 coaches of people avoiding one another...LOL !

1997 National Seabreeze 133 Limited
1993 Mazda Miata
2005 Basset Hound, "Fred"
rvguy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #45
Add to TXiceman' setup a white surgical mask and if possible a quarantine sign or contagious warning sign.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #46
I've only had annoying neighbors in that they drove through our camp with they rhinos... right between our motorhomes (we were circled up) and the campfire. Yelled at them, the second time I went over to their campsite & gave them a piece of my mind & offered to fire up my buggy to run through their campsite.

As far as chatty cathys go... maybe tell them about how much you don't like your mom & how much they remind you of her! Either that or tell them its time for your straight jacket fitting.
Never criticize a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes... then you're a mile away & you've got their shoes!
Katina, Dave & kiddos ~ '97 Thor Residency 35'
kat_nda_sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #47
Whew, I thought I might get some creative, funny responses, but some of these had me laughing out loud. Very amusing, thanks. Now I need to sift through these and decide which ones and how to implement them.
TT: 2014 Puma 32DBKS
TV: 1995 GMC Z-71 4x4, 5.7L (restored)
ChiefGeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
If I pull my pants down, will you tell me if you think this sore is contagious.
As an EMT I will look and dress the area then send you to a Doctor, so that ploy might not work.
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Having Alaska plates in the lower 48 tends to draw a lot of people wanting to know if I really drove from AK??? Hmmmm??? Do yo see any wings????

But I like friendly neighbors, I only hide out inside watching DISH when its to hot to be outside, 80 and above.
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #50
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
A large meal of beans, hard boiled eggs and a six pack of cheap beer usually takes care of them on day two.
Add some onions to those beans and broccoli to the eggs for a real aromatic experience.

For some reason, DW isn't around much either
I can't imagine why not......
Retired. RVing with one husband and five cats.
1999 32' Fleetwood Southwind Class-A. Ford V10.
RanCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #51
Take out a Chaw of Tabacco and start spitting on the ground between their feet while cleaning you gun. That might help!
Scott Stielow IC1(SW) USN Retired
Scotty14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:59 AM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Can't say I've had that problem. I've never met a stranger...a few wierdos maybe...but no strangers. If I'm walking the dog, I'll say Hi to anyone that looks in my direction, but I don't stop to chat unless invited. On the other hand, I don't mind people stopping by my site to chat. You never know who you will run into, and everyone is unique and has a story to tell.
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910
ISC on a Spartan
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #53
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
How about a "Do Not Disturb" sign? Too many bad memories of hotels?
Tyler6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #54
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This has has been a fun thread (my kind) and no doubt most responses are tongue-in-cheek. Personally, we've never had a problem like this, at least anything serious enough to worry about.

I can report when we arrive and unload our 2 Harleys, they are not a deterent. Most people stop and want too look and chat. Mostly women telling DW they would like to ride their own. Last year we hooked up with 10 couples and road together several times a week. We're all meeting at the same CG this winter.

Cleaning our guns outside isn't much of a deterent either. Most campers carry guns in our experience and they like to talk about them. Of couse, we'll never know how many we did keep away

We have 2 super friendly Jack Russels and they seem to be more of a magnet than a dererent.

RanCarr - I always put onions in me beans along with a little Franks RedHot sauce. I like a good fish burrito topped with limburger with them some times too. Thanks for the brocolli tip, just not sure DW will be very appreciative Did I mention I was allergic to Beano?
John & Clare - Buck & Zeus - Jack & Husky
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38P
Towd: 2 HD Streetglides
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #55
Gee - now I am afraid to start a conversation at a CG. We are new at this and I've told my friends that RVer's are the nicest people you will ever meet - guess I need to add - "but don't try to get too friendly". Never had a problem but have never pushed myself on anybody (I hope). I do love learning about other people and their travels - guess I will stick to reading about it on here. It's time to go back in, pull the shades and lock the door. Wouldn't want to offend.
barbaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
A fun thread sure, but hopefully most of u r tougue in cheek...

I'm a social camper. I walk around, either with my kids or my dog, i say hi to everyone, and if there is interest i'll stop and chat. Ditto for anyone who stops by my site with a kind hello.

U can pretty well tell who is interested in conversation, and who is not.

Most of the campers i talk to seem eager to make new friends, and when the conversation wears out, we move on.

JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote