Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBrennan View Post
Put on your best New Jersey accent and drop a bunch of F-Bombs.

Oh wait, that's what we do normally.
I don't have a new jersey accent, all you other people talk funny

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
A fun thread sure, but hopefully most of u r tougue in cheek...

I'm a social camper. I walk around, either with my kids or my dog, i say hi to everyone, and if there is interest i'll stop and chat. Ditto for anyone who stops by my site with a kind hello.

U can pretty well tell who is interested in conversation, and who is not.

Most of the campers i talk to seem eager to make new friends, and when the conversation wears out, we move on.

I'm right there with you, but there are those out there that either can't read the social cues or they are just ignoring them. If the person you are talking to continuously doesn't make eye contact with you, if they move away from you, if they don't seem to have any interest or imput on the conversation... walk away. Some people just keep going & going while the other party obviously could care less. Its like they have this conversation vomit that just has to get out! lol

Old 07-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Conversation vomit.... good one !

We take the middle ground too....
say hi to all and respond with hi - and if it goes further than that it's fine...
easily shut down either way if you are boring enough

just a few weeks ago met some good people that call themselves 'trailer trash' in their $100k+ 5th wheel and $50k+ truck - both 2012

I call them houseless because they were "forced" into full timing because without wanting to even list, a realtor came by their lakeside home and offered them a BUNCH of money for it - nice problem to have as he retired shortly thereafter....

if we were closed in, wouldn't have become friends with them and met up with them about once per month since !
Old 07-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Barbaram - I think you are grossly over reacting to this silly thread. Everybody encounters strangers they don't click with and everybody always will. Doesn't matter if in a CG or at a birthday party. Has nothing to do with RVers or any other demographic. It's human nature

I really doubt ol' ChiefGeek needed any help with the subject at hand, if he's anything like me, he did it to just stir the pot a little Some of us get very board just talking technical issues and there are a lot of jokers and pot stirers on here.

The next time you're locked inside with the shades down, if you hear 2 Harelys pull up....guess who? Up to you if you open the door and want to visit. Chill girl, what you read in one thread isn't the way it is.

JimM68- I'm right there with you too.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #61

I will start telling prison stories. The key element is leaving out one important detail...I work in one. Let their minds assume I was on the other side of the bars.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkauffman101
I will start telling prison stories. The key element is leaving out one important detail...I work in one. Let their minds assume I was on the other side of the bars.
How would us folks imagining you were a guard help? Is your work in prison doing laundry or do you make licence plates? Just curious.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51

How would us folks imagining you were a guard help? Is your work in prison doing laundry or do you make licence plates? Just curious.
I am out working the blocks and walking the yard. The accepted title is now officer. Liberals find guard offensive. Lol
Old 07-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
I was being nice when I said Guards. I'm here in Jackson Prison (Mich) and we call them screws. I should be out in 2 years. I guess I should have never shot that chatty women at the CampGround.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #65
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Having been raised in the south, I just can't bring myself to be deliberately rude to anybody. I think there are ways to handle a situation like this without hurting anyone's feelings.

First of all, it's hard to find anyone who loves to chat more than me! But if I did happen to run into someone that does, and I'm ready for them to move on, I would simply say "Hey, I hate to cut this short, and I've really enjoyed chatting with you, but I've got some things I just have to take care of. Maybe we can get together again some time."

This gets the job done, and without hurting anyone's feelings.

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #66

I am Canadian and i have been in many campgrounds in Canada and USA, i found that southern ppl. are more friendly .I go to a campgroud to enjoy the company of other campers,some Americans believe they own the world and think they know it all .People who go in a park and do not want to talk to anyone should build a fence behind their stick house and stay home. My 2 cents.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #67

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
You can take a dry erase marker and paint red dots all over your arms and face. Apply a few bandaids and set in you lawn chair and cough and wheeze a bit.Ken
CLASSIC!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
If I pull my pants down, will you tell me if you think this sore is contagious.
Leave it to a Marine to get to the BUTT of the issue...... LOL

Sheila
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
Balzac, I find it just the opposite, seems the people in S. Canada are more snooty and the ones in the north are much more friendly. Just the opposite in the US. I guess the know it all snooty people like to stay close to each other?

Now I'm wondering if the N. Mexicans are friendly and the S. ones are jerks. Anyone that studies demographics here and can confirm this?
Old 07-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #69
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGirl View Post

Leave it to a Marine to get to the BUTT of the issue...... LOL

Sheila

Too often we are the butt of a joke.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #70

Clare & john. You are right about Northern Canadian being more friendly.Can not comment on Mexican ,i never traveled Mexico in Motorhome.I try to be friendly with everyone.Enjoy life and camping while we are still healthy.Have a good one.