Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2016, 11:28 PM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well, I've had two dysons in the house and they both ended up in the garbage. One sucked up a bobby pin 10 minutes after we got it and poked a hole in the hose and ruining it, the second just wore out so for the outrageous price they ask, they can keep them. Bought a 100.00 hoover at Walmart for the moho and when the last Dyson died my wife took it for the s&b so I need something. The shark rocket looks great but im wondering with the weight up by the handle if it will raise the pile well. I also like that the hand attachment is direct driven as the one on the hoover wasn't and it would come to a stop with the slightest amount of pressure. I like having the powered hand brush to use up in the cockpit. I would love to do a dirt devil central vac but but would assume the brush would come to a stop as I think its air driven and secondly it looks like the hose would be a giant pain to store. What say ye? At this point I think its going to be the shark rocket.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2016, 07:54 AM   #44

Only drawback to the Shark Rocket is it's small canister. Other that that it does a great job on carpets and floor.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:04 PM   #45

We have the shark rocket for the mh, and I am not impressed. The weight is all at the handle and thus in your hand. An ouchie for me �� The exhaust blowing from the motor is right ther also! The small dirt container is difficult to clean & as others have said, does not hold very much. We will be looking for something easier to use and clean and inexpensive. gonna check out recommendations in this thread,
Old 04-10-2016, 01:07 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Well, I've had two dysons in the house and they both ended up in the garbage. One sucked up a bobby pin 10 minutes after we got it and poked a hole in the hose and ruining it, the second just wore out so for the outrageous price they ask, they can keep them. Bought a 100.00 hoover at Walmart for the moho and when the last Dyson died my wife took it for the s&b so I need something. The shark rocket looks great but im wondering with the weight up by the handle if it will raise the pile well. I also like that the hand attachment is direct driven as the one on the hoover wasn't and it would come to a stop with the slightest amount of pressure. I like having the powered hand brush to use up in the cockpit. I would love to do a dirt devil central vac but but would assume the brush would come to a stop as I think its air driven and secondly it looks like the hose would be a giant pain to store. What say ye? At this point I think its going to be the shark rocket.
Easy CleanŽ II 2-in-1 169B This little light vacuum does a pretty good job, just got to clean out the dust collector when done but it is pretty easy to do.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:58 PM   #47

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a 1 1/2 gallon shop vac that I use all the time. It has a 16ft hose and a drywall bag on the inside... Never any issues...
Old 04-19-2016, 05:11 PM   #48

I use the central vac and carry a really small shop vac.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:55 PM   #49

We carry a DeWalt 18V or 110 V vac. works everywhere and the little carpet we have is about to go to the dumpster.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:07 PM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They updated the shark it now has twice the capacity so that should fix that problem
Old 04-21-2016, 07:38 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
As I posted in #18, I hope it works better for you than our factory installed one does!
Mine works very good, has as much suction as most shop vacs. Have you checked it? when I got mine the plastic bag with paperwork and extra filters were stuck inside it. Any chance they did the same with yours?