Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #1527

National RV Owners Club
Bought a used coach, and after getting mostly caught up with general maintenance and repairs, just bought 2 new LCD TV's. A Samsung 22" for the bedroom (installation complete) and a Samsung 32" for the front (installation in work). I really like the new Samsung smart TV's, the best video playback from USB I have seen, as well as photos and music from a flash drive. And the tuners are awesome, getting 19 channels (60+ miles from the nearest broadcast tower) with the original 2001 Winegard OTA antenna.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #1528

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand
We boondock all the time, in fact I'll bet I've only had hook ups less than a hanful of times... so this has me wondering... why do you need your generator on so much? We run ours if we use the convection oven or if we've had the outdoor radio on all day and need to recharge the house batteries but its for a brief time and once a day.
I cannot reply for BBQ - but the difference between boondocking and NASCAR could be anywhere from providing enough power for a 5 pice blues band, two margarita machines, a 50" TV, rope lights and a disco ball and well - boondocking.

We should all get out more and see how the other side rolls Both are great times but one clearly requires more power. That's why it's called NASCAR. I can almost feel the roar.

To return to topic - dropped the Bounder off at MCD in McKinney for new shades. While I dont have it back yet - they ran my card so officially that's the last thing I purchased.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #1529

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand View Post
We boondock all the time, in fact I'll bet I've only had hook ups less than a hanful of times... so this has me wondering... why do you need your generator on so much? We run ours if we use the convection oven or if we've had the outdoor radio on all day and need to recharge the house batteries but its for a brief time and once a day.
Perhaps for the air conditioner?
Old 11-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #1530

Winnebago Owners Club
Just got this new to me 2008 journey 34y to replace my 2009 vista 30. And just ordered tire pressure monitor system w/10 sensors for Rv and toad. And we do several BBQ competition spring and summer so always buying BBQ stuff have 4 smokers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3429096969.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	415.7 KB
ID:	29144   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4091706679.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	400.0 KB
ID:	29145  

sellhomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #1531

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_nda_sand View Post
To keep the beer cold? Have you seen what they charge for ice at sporting events?
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #1532

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellhomz View Post
Just got this new to me 2008 journey 34y to replace my 2009 vista 30. And just ordered tire pressure monitor system w/10 sensors for Rv and toad. And we do several BBQ competition spring and summer so always buying BBQ stuff have 4 smokers.
Nice!
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #1533

National RV Owners Club
I bought a surge protector a year or so ago but I had it installed inside of my compartment where the electrocal cable is kept.
Just so I would not have to worry about it being stolen.
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #1534

I'm in repair and revamp mode. So in the past 3 or so weeks.....

20 yards of heavy duty zipper with 30 zipper heads.
Heavy duty thread and needles for the big old leather machine so I can sew upholstery with it.
5 LED marker lights
1 can of spray adhesive.
5 sheets of Lauan
4 more 2x2s
New Bath tub and surround.
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #1535

Quote:
Flagship and Marty pretty much hit the nail on the head. We didn't need them all the time this weekend but it was the maiden voyage for the fuel extender and what better way to figure out how much time we can get out of the extender than to use it. Perhaps I shouldn't use the term "camping" which does bring to mind a peaceful quiet relaxing time. NASCAR "camping" is the exact opposite. Thousands of generators running, TV's playing various sporting events and the list goes on. This is one HUGE party interrupted by a NASCAR race. In the summer, we do run the AC which not only provides comfort but also provides white noise if you want to escape the party for a while (being in my 60's I don't have the same staying power as the kids). This was my first year doing this and we went to 2 races. Had a blast and have made plans for 4 races next year. this is not for everyone but if you like BBQ, loud fast cars and adult beverages it is a GREAT TIME and yes, we do keep our rope lights on all day:-)
BBQ Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #1536

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
BBQ - party interrupted by race - too funny and so true. NASCAR coming to north Texas probably saved the Motorhome rental business and brought new owners into the market. One friend of mine who never RV'd would hire a band and rent a Motorhome for several races a year. Unfortunately he went to the big RV park in the sky before he bought his own. RIP GH. RIP.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #1537

Sounds like a great time! But yah, more like tailgaiting than camping. Call it whatever though it sounds like fun. Not sure if I'd make it to the race. lol
Old 11-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #1538

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Sounds like a great time! But yah, more like tailgaiting than camping. Call it whatever though it sounds like fun. Not sure if I'd make it to the race. lol
Lots of people don't. and many wander in and out. Beer definitely flows more freely outside the track. Not kidding about margarita machines - kegs etc. The big race usually gets the most attention but the party folks go midweek to get set up and the BBQ going. Honestly not for everyone but you should give it a try sometime just to say ya did. It's the Disneyland and Animal House of motor sports. And somehow manages to stay family friendly for the moat part. Then again have ya seen what's on broadcast tv lately. Extreme RVs excluded. We now return to our regularly scheduled program - What Did You Buy Lately.

Peggy just called and my MCD shades are installed and Bounder is ready to pick up a day early - so 4 hours of labor for me at $85/hr = $340. Not sure how long it is taking DIY's to do the job but for me that was money well spent. Still have a job so can't do everything... And after spending about 10 minutes looking at some of the valance work and not readily seeing how to get them down - probably wasn't up to the task anyway. Still 4 hours would have been hard to beat I think on 11 windows.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #1539

I just got back from Wally World. Bought a tire gauge, compressor, 12v power outlet, and 2 boxes of buckshot.
Keith4001r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #1540

A 50 amp surge suppresor and a sewage valve so I can balance the grey water tanks..
TheNewFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote