Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #1555

Makers Mark.

Nuff said
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2012, 05:30 AM   #1556

Winnebago Owners Club
Just ordered the FireBowl fire pit. CW had it for $69 and found it on Best Buy for $49 with free shipping.

Next to purchase is a 4' or 6' folding table, 2 adult director style chairs and a Weber Q grill. Any recommendations?
"The Dutch Oven AdventuresII"
ensiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:14 AM   #1557

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchrome View Post
Just bought a 2000 Holiday Rambler...I have old school antenna and would like to get some TV reception..We are not looking for a satellite system...do they make boxes that I can use my old system?
Yes. You can get a digital converter box from Radio Shack or Best Buy. Ebay or amazon as well I'm sure. Less than $100. First one we got from Radio Shack didn't work, neither did exchange. One from Best Buy works fine. If you upgrade television(s) you may not need box. New flat screens already have digital tuners.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #1558

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just bought a gallon of EPDM liquid rubber roof .....going to begin to recoat the roof on my 2000 34 foot Fleetwood Flair...good stuff ! Probably take a few gallons but figured I'd start it anyway and finish after the holidays...
kchadw1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:59 AM   #1559

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchrome View Post
Just bought a 2000 Holiday Rambler...I have old school antenna and would like to get some TV reception..We are not looking for a satellite system...do they make boxes that I can use my old system?
When I was using the convertor boxes there were 2 brands available in my home town. RCA and Magnavox, the RCA was the better unit by far. simple hook up antenna to box, box to TV, need a short coaxial cable for the box to TV, no changes needed on antenna.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensiv
Just ordered the FireBowl fire pit. CW had it for $69 and found it on Best Buy for $49 with free shipping.

Next to purchase is a 4' or 6' folding table, 2 adult director style chairs and a Weber Q grill. Any recommendations?
Just got an ad in the mail from ACE hardware today and it looks like they are advertising the same fire pit for $29.95 for those that are interested.
BBQ Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:10 AM   #1561

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensiv View Post

My wife and I have the Weber Baby Q Grill and it is a good grill but she went ahead and order yet another grill. She bought the BlackTop 360. When it arrived at the house I wondered why she bought this when we already had a good grill. Well one good feature of this grill is that it has in the center of it a deep fryer. So when we went on our next camping trip we brought it along to test it out. I stopped at the local seafood store and bought a 1 1/2 of scallops, and we then picked up some sweet potatoes. Long story short, we had deep fried scallops with sweet potato french fries that night. How cool was that! It was a nice departure from the standard BBQ fare. BTW, it can cook hamburgers, hot dogs & chicken too. Not to mention it has an infrared high heat burner for searing the aforementioned items plus a unique warming tray. It comes with it's own built in folding legs too.
It weighs about as much as the Weber BBQ, and is a tad cumbersome but its uniqueness sets it apart from any standard grill that's out there. Check it out on You Tube if you like.
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #1562

Installed an under the cabinet B&D coffee maker to free up some counterspace.
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #1563

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I just ordered yesterday from TriMark a new door lock with a steel latch. After being stuck in the motor home with a broken latch was afraid of it happening again. $130.00 for just the outer part of the lock. The origional one has a latch made out of white metal and breaks very easily.
darbyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #1564

10' ext water hose. Came up short at current campsite.
DrOcean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #1565

2 cat carriers - leaving for Florida soon and I was worried I wouldn't find something that we all liked
They are very roomy, and at night when we let the cats out, the carriers fold flat to save room. Perfect!
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #1566

Where do I start?

Since we are new to RVing (we just lived in our first one on our property) there are way too many "THINGS" we had too purchase.

A Baxley wheel chock, tie down straps, lawn chairs, Mac Mini, 1080p 32" TV, fresh water hose, quick connect and water filter, black water hose, 30-50amp dogbone, extra 30gal propane tank. All new stuff for dining.

A 75gal Flowmaster fuel tank for TV. That should cover the first month.

Since we are full timing and not particularly fond of RV parks we purchased a complete solar system. Six 120w panels, Morningstar 60amp charge controller and remote meter, four 232ah 6v batteries and a Sunforce 2500w full sine-wave inverter.

A 2.5" mattress pad, screen door guard and bar, Jetpack for wifi. There's more but my mind is going blank on me.

Rusty
RustNnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #1567

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
"A 75gal Flowmaster fuel tank for TV. That should cover the first month."

Rusty, you must have a most unusual television.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #1568

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
"A 75gal Flowmaster fuel tank for TV. That should cover the first month."

Rusty, you must have a most unusual television.
That's (T)ow (V)ehicle Munky.
RustNnails is offline   Reply With Quote