Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #2101

National RV Owners Club
We bought the MH on March 1st so our list was long, but getting better. A propane fire pit, emergency triangles and a tow bar arrived today. And we keep saying we are getting to end of our list..but it doesn't seem to end somehow.

Robin

RobinfromCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #2102

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinfromCA View Post
We bought the MH on March 1st so our list was long, but getting better. A propane fire pit, emergency triangles and a tow bar arrived today. And we keep saying we are getting to end of our list..but it doesn't seem to end somehow.

Robin
It will only get worse. It gets in you blood, like a drug, but is so much better for ya, and it is legal!

Old 04-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #2103

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE
It will only get worse. It gets in you blood, like a drug, but is so much better for ya, and it is legal!
But it does elevate understanding of shopaholic and other addictions. I suggest keeping a list. Or you may end up with 2 50 to 30 dog-bones. Don't ask me how I know. Also - if you upgrade flooring, or change out furniture, tires etc., put em on the list. They will eventually come full circle, whether same rig or another. The list will make the next time around a slam dunk.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #2104

Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinfromCA View Post

Robin
Just wait until you take your first really loooong trip, things you never though of will be on your list. Just hope that that trip doesn't hit when you are camping next to a CW. We have had our MH since August and when we were camping next to a CW we spent over $150.00 in misc small must haves. It is a never ending list. Oh well it's the price we pay for our toys.
Home base Phoenix Az
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #2105

Thor Owners Club
a new cover for our fridge vent - a wild tree branch in AZ took the last one clear off the roof :(
Old 04-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #2106

Grateful for awesome neighbors.

My wonderful neighbors with a 2010 motorhome "gifted" me with a new to me table when he replaced his dinette with a couch and up/down coffee table. The table is oversized but I think I can make it work. And today he came over with brand new sewer hoses (used maybe 2 times).. it doesn't fit their new rig.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #2107

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
New CB radio, was ready to install my vintage "can't drive 55" and the smoke got out of it. Also bought one of those receiver devices that tighten the hitch up so it doesn't rattle. My bike carrier moves around quite a bit in the receiver.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #2108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
New CB radio, was ready to install my vintage "can't drive 55" and the smoke got out of it. Also bought one of those receiver devices that tighten the hitch up so it doesn't rattle. My bike carrier moves around quite a bit in the receiver.
Any link or info on that hitch would be nice. My bike carrier has the same issue.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #2109

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatlakes View Post
Any link or info on that hitch would be nice. My bike carrier has the same issue.

Here is a video The Wedge by Boone Outdoor Hardware - YouTube got mine off Amazon Prime $8 delivered.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #2110

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
Here is a video The Wedge by Boone Outdoor Hardware - YouTube got mine off Amazon Prime $8 delivered.

I should add for clarity; I have a 12" hitch extender. I use it to keep the handlebars back from the rear wall ( we have 2 cruiser style bikes) and the pedals well away from the lower area. The Boone item goes into the receiver to hold the extension nice and tight, the bike rack has it's own anti-wiggle device that goes into the receiver that keeps it nice and firm.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #2111

If anyone is looking for a great, quiet & solid ball mount I highly recommend the Softride Quietride. I use one when towing the boat. It used to drive me crazy when it banged back and forth and rattled, especially on takeoff. No more, it's rock solid and so much more enjoyable to tow with, I don't even notice the 5,000 lb boat back there anymore.
Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #2112

4 house batteries
Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #2113

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Plastic latch to hold shower doors locked open.
TJ (Teacup Poodle 2.7 lbs)
DutchStar38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #2114

Newmar Owners Club
We have kept the ecomony going this past month. 4 AGM house batteries, 2 large Solar panels, Bedroom cabinet remodel for 29" TV along with 2 other TV's 1 living room and one for the outside. Direct HD for all TV's with DVR for all. Hopefully we are all set now for traveling.

1940 ford is offline   Reply With Quote