Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #2983
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
Technically, yes, its the term for the porition of a truck camper that over hangs the bed rails of the pickup carrying it :P. On the Bighorn, I use that term for the curved skirt that decorates the underside of the trailer.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find a shop , haven't opened the steel wool yet, so I can take it back if I find the other.

Let's see, this past week....

Bought a Winegard Sensar IV replacement head to replace the Sensar III clone, AntennaTek Signal Commander, and then ended up having to go to camping world (cause they're the only place open on Sunday) and buy the Winegard Sensar Pro power plate to get the tv to find digital stations (weirdness of the Toshiba tube set's dtv tuner).
But, I now get perfect stations.

Also spent a $100 and had two twelve foot custom pigtails made so I could hook my 100lb propane cylinders to the switchover system on the trailer instead of its 30lb stock cylinders.

Also bought a nice towel and washcloth rack for the bathroom and officially moved in. Should be fully out of my old site by this coming weekend.
Have we seen pics of the new 5er yet?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #2984

Ford Super Duty Owner
New toad project is getting to be expensive and a LOT of work:
Hitch for bike rack
Curt tow light connector kit
Readybrake cable and harness kit
Six inch drop receiver
Two two lights for custom install
One six wire socket
Two six wire plugs
10 14/7 trailer wire
And I still don't have base plates ordered?

ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #2985

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper7 View Post
I read your post with much interest. We recently ordered a motorhome and are now looking for a toad. We have it narrowed down to two options. My wife and daughter are leaning toward the Fiesta you just purchased. Our three boys and me are interested in a jeep wrangler unlimited. I didn't think anyone else would be considering two such different options. The Jeep salesman looked at me strangely last evening when I mentioned our options. Why did you sell your Jeep and buy the Fiesta? Do you have any advice for me? Thanks.
LOVED Jeep but old age sneeking up on DW and comfort overrides fun factor.
Cost to Rig 1990 Jeep for towing, brakes included, around $600. 2014 Fiesta just went over double that.
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #2986
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Surely owning an RV and spending money shouldn't come as a surprise!

When it comes to my wallet, RV stands for "Really Voracious"! LOL
Old 10-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #2987

National RV Owners Club
Tracker shake

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
Yes, our Tracker is a '94 also a manual trans. If we turn very sharply, especially to the right, we get the "Tracker shake" and I have to get out and straighten it out. There was a thread about it here Wacky Geo Tracker Head Shake!
Mark, thanks for the info. I checked the post and indeed there are several options available and I think I will try the bungee cord first. I remember doing that to a Subaru we once towed, it stopped the shake most of the time.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #2988

Winnebago Owners Club
Stopped by Camping World again! This time I bought an aluminum step (3" or 8"), plus some other minutae.
NukeRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #2989

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ordered a solid shaft ball hitch to replace the 8 inch drop with a 12 in drop as our new RV is several inches higher than the former. Ouch, think that thing must be gold plated. Shop offered $50 for trade in, but passed on it as my brother wants it for his new F-250 FX 4 X 4
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #2990

Ordered child proof stove knob covers...

Mother-in-law got up during gas stop to get some water, spilled some on floor and reached for dish towel hanging on oven handle and turned gas knob on without realizing it. We drove the last 40 miles home with the propane leaking into the cabin. Pulled into the driveway and decided to unpack in the morning. I went out at 7am to start unpacking, and the propane alarm was going off, and the cabin was full of gas.

Two lessons:
First, turn propane off at tank unless needed.

Second, Mother-in-law's should not be left unsupervised.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #2991

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Have we seen pics of the new 5er yet?
Only if you have me on FB, I haven't posted them directly to any forums.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #2992

Just had a MaxxAir 7000k vent installed on our coach (replacing an older vent), works great. On the way home from the dealer the transmission started throwing communication errors to the computers (oh oh). Coincidence??? Lol probably.
So the last thing was a huge wrecker bill (thank you good Sam for looking after that) and an upcoming systems fix (ugh).

Steve
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #2993

Monaco Owners Club
Door parts to fix things from Monaco. Looked everywhere and no one else had them so had to bite the bullet and pay a little extra to get them. Around $200 for them.
But at least the door will finally be fixed. Not sure when the door got a little broken as we bought it this way. Not interfering with it going down the road or locking it but it was bugging Thom. He likes to have things work the way they are supposed to and will fix them when he finds them, lol.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #2994
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsUp View Post
Ordered child proof stove knob covers...

Mother-in-law got up during gas stop to get some water, spilled some on floor and reached for dish towel hanging on oven handle and turned gas knob on without realizing it. We drove the last 40 miles home with the propane leaking into the cabin. Pulled into the driveway and decided to unpack in the morning. I went out at 7am to start unpacking, and the propane alarm was going off, and the cabin was full of gas.

Two lessons:
First, turn propane off at tank unless needed.

Second, Mother-in-law's should not be left unsupervised.
I travel with a capuchin monkey who can turn on the gas. I just removed the knobs and stuck them in a drawer. I have recently removed the gas range and replaced it with a dish drawer diswasher. The open flame was too dangerous. I cook on an induction cooktop and I LOVE it!
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #2995

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I travel with a capuchin monkey who can turn on the gas. I just removed the knobs and stuck them in a drawer. I have recently removed the gas range and replaced it with a dish drawer diswasher. The open flame was too dangerous. I cook on an induction cooktop and I LOVE it!
Barb
DW has been talking about taking out the drawer dish washer (never used it) and put in an oven. What did you do with your oven?
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #2996
RVM1

Popcorn from the Boy Scouts of America.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote