Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #2997

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roywolf View Post
Mark, thanks for the info. I checked the post and indeed there are several options available and I think I will try the bungee cord first. I remember doing that to a Subaru we once towed, it stopped the shake most of the time.
No problem Roy. We haven't really done anything about it. I just avoid quickly turning hard to the right with the MH and that has solved it.

Something we did buy for the MH, well actually for the toad was a new paint job to match the MH. Well it almost matched. Winnebago changed one color in the paint scheme that year and the paint shop of all 5 choices picked the one not on it. The second color worked. They will be fixing it in the spring. Photos to come in the toad forum.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #2998

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
Barb
DW has been talking about taking out the drawer dish washer (never used it) and put in an oven. What did you do with your oven?
And my DW has been talking about putting in a drawer dishwasher under the cooktop, if you do take yours out.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #2999

Forest River Owners Club
Matrix Television System. I always wondered what was going to replace the TV distribution center when the new HD televisions became prominent in RV's. The old coax distribution center worked fine for the old televisions, but now we want HD reception at all televisions without boxes or receivers at each TV. Enter the Matrix TV system. These systems allow you to connect up to 8 hdmi inputs to be distributed to up to 8 televisions. I installed a 4 input to 4 televisions. The options are to connect with hdmi cable or cat6 ethernet cable. I chose the ethernet cable because it lets the original remote work at each television. I connect my Directv receiver, a comcast box, a roku player and a Blueray DVD player via hdmi cables to the main component of the Matrix system. I had to run 2 ethernet cables to each tv where there is a small receiver box that connects to the cable. Then the box connects to the tv via hdmi cable. A small remote comes with each small box that gives you the option to connect whichever source you choose just by pushing 1, 2, 3, or 4. The reception is 1080P and the picture is magnificent. At the input connections there is a plug to attach an IR remote repeater that is placed in front of each input device. That allows you to use the original remote at each of the small tv boxes installed. On the Directv I use the RF option on the remotes eliminating the need of the IR connector, but it works great on the Comcast receiver, the Roku and the DVD Player. It is an amazing system and the HD televisions are all displaying HD pictures. You can also connect the small boxes to the main unit via HDMI cable, but you will not get the use of original remote for each input. Also you are limited to length of cable. HDMI will begin to loose signal strength after 30ft and amplifiers may be necessary. Ethernet cables on the other hand can go to 131ft before loosing signal strength. Ethernet cables are much cheaper than the HDMI cable and much easier to run.
The system cost around $300 plus 4 pairs of ethernet cables which are really inexpensive if purchased online. My overall experience so far is fantastic.
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #3000

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
Matrix Television System. ....
Hey Bob,

I'm very interested in the 4x4 matrix system you installed for around $300. My winter project will (hopefully, time permitting) be to gut the entertainment systems in my coach and replace them with something more modern. The TV system you describe sounds great. Can you post a link?
Old 10-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #3001

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin View Post
And my DW has been talking about putting in a drawer dishwasher under the cooktop, if you do take yours out.
We could have a 3 way mutant swap here. I have the extra range that Chuck wants, then Rambling can get his dishwasher. And then all us women will be happy. That is after the guys get all the work done.

I ended up having a new sink cabinet made because the dishwasher was larger than the stove. My kitchen is so tiny that I had to move scoot the sink over 1.25” to get it to work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #3002

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
We could have a 3 way mutant swap here. I have the extra range that Chuck wants, then Rambling can get his dishwasher. And then all us women will be happy. That is after the guys get all the work done.

I like it!
Old 10-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #3003

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hmmmm, I'm married to the dishwasher. Nuff said.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #3004

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Hmmmm, I'm married to the dishwasher. Nuff said.
My DW says the same. Maybe that's her reasoning behind getting rid of the dishwasher.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #3005

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The dishwasher gets out of adjustment and cranky on occasion, so I step in bang a couple of plates around cleaning them and she ends up running me out of the kitchen. She still thinks that the silent treatment is punishment.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #3006

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Actually the real truth is that she does the dishes, I do the driving, the BBQing, setup, sani dumping, keeping track (t)?? of all the things deemed necessary to be carried and in which compartment, etc etc etc.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #3007
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonabob View Post
Matrix Television System. I always wondered what was going to replace the TV distribution center when the new HD televisions became prominent in RV's. The old coax distribution center worked fine for the old televisions, but now we want HD reception at all televisions without boxes or receivers at each TV. Enter the Matrix TV system. These systems allow you to connect up to 8 hdmi inputs to be distributed to up to 8 televisions. I installed a 4 input to 4 televisions. The options are to connect with hdmi cable or cat6 ethernet cable. I chose the ethernet cable because it lets the original remote work at each television. I connect my Directv receiver, a comcast box, a roku player and a Blueray DVD player via hdmi cables to the main component of the Matrix system. I had to run 2 ethernet cables to each tv where there is a small receiver box that connects to the cable. Then the box connects to the tv via hdmi cable. A small remote comes with each small box that gives you the option to connect whichever source you choose just by pushing 1, 2, 3, or 4. The reception is 1080P and the picture is magnificent. At the input connections there is a plug to attach an IR remote repeater that is placed in front of each input device. That allows you to use the original remote at each of the small tv boxes installed. On the Directv I use the RF option on the remotes eliminating the need of the IR connector, but it works great on the Comcast receiver, the Roku and the DVD Player. It is an amazing system and the HD televisions are all displaying HD pictures. You can also connect the small boxes to the main unit via HDMI cable, but you will not get the use of original remote for each input. Also you are limited to length of cable. HDMI will begin to loose signal strength after 30ft and amplifiers may be necessary. Ethernet cables on the other hand can go to 131ft before loosing signal strength. Ethernet cables are much cheaper than the HDMI cable and much easier to run. The system cost around $300 plus 4 pairs of ethernet cables which are really inexpensive if purchased online. My overall experience so far is fantastic.
I'd also be interested in a link to see what you are using.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #3008

Forest River Owners Club
Here it is at Amazon

Monoprice is the manufacturer. I dealt with their customer service and they are terrific.

Amazon.com: Monoprice 4x4 Matrix HDMI Switch & Splitter with Remote: Electronics
bonabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #3009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budski View Post
Gas
Yup, hard not to buy that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
For us it is drive south
Yup heading to TX as I type.

Had the freshwater pump replaced under warranty.
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #3010

Flush King! For our brand new MH; we are waiting for delivery (on both MH and FK!)
taigarazz is offline   Reply With Quote