Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #3165

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
New headlights. What a difference in appearance. For the cost of them ($26.79 each with free shipping at the time) it wasn't worth my time continualy having to wet sand and try to bring the old ones back to look decent.

Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #3166

Progressive Industries hardwired EMS.

Next on the list is a TPMS.

myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #3167

Wilson Sleek 4G Cell Phone Amp for Verizon

Big price drop for Christmas . . . had to pull the trigger!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #3168

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-55 View Post

Nice, been meaning to get one of these, now if it just amplified the wifi signal as well......

Let's see, a roll of R-15 faced Fiberglass insulation for 2x4 walls, a bundle of 48" long lath, box of self tapping lath screws for insulating the floor of our bedroom in the 5th wheel.

Also bought a package of 4" aluminum flexible duct, a 4" Ducting Y, a 4x10 register register vent with a 90 degree sideways output, a 6" - 4" adapter, a roll of metal plumbers strap, a steel register vent cover and four 4" hose clamps to split the vent line going to the toilet room off to add a new register to the bedroom as it had poor heating, cut a hole in the floor and ran the new vent line to add that register as close to the nose of the trailer as we could get (Only other register vent in the bedroom itself was a little round job that blows at the side of the base of our bed slide out and a big 2x10 register in the toilet room that would roast you while seated on the can).

Today, I bought a 50-30 adapter cord and a 30-20 plug to go on the end so I could use our small generator (normally used for the camper) for backup power for the converter when the power goes out. Our rig has one battery, which isn't very good quality and is dying and I don't have the budget for the golf cart battery bank upgrade I'd like to do.

Also bought a sharkbite female adapter to replace the threaded connector on the cold water connection to our water heater, discovered it had a very slow leak when I was installing the vent extension. Water's dripping safely out of the trailer so, no concerns for rot till I can get back in there and replace the failed plastic connector.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #3169

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike54 View Post
We traded in our travel trailer for a fifth wheel so I need to start buying stuff to fix it up.

today I bought a Bal FASTJACK Stabilizer for the fifth wheel pin and a Screen Door Cross Bar.

If I buy the stuff a little at a time by spring we'll have it ready to go camping
Got one of those not too long ago for my 5er, helped immensely with the wiggle the trailer would do when the splendide 2100xc was spinning out.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:55 AM   #3170
Retired Fire Capt

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
8 gallons of Mobil Delvac for the Allison. Bed lift kit from Hatchlift.com,Next up is a chassis inspection with a Tru-Center steering stabilizer. Picked a date of April 1 to walk out of the house and expand our horizons. Next thing to buy for the Rig is therapy for the DW.
GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #3171

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
Nice, been meaning to get one of these, now if it just amplified the wifi signal as well......
With my grandfathered unlimited data plan, I don't need no stinkin' wifi (if I can get cell service)!

Almost forgot, last week I bought a cable that goes from my Galaxy S3 to HDMI. Should give me lots of viewing options, again . . . (if I can get cell service)!
Old 12-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #3172

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
With my grandfathered unlimited data plan, I don't need no stinkin' wifi (if I can get cell service)!

Almost forgot, last week I bought a cable that goes from my Galaxy S3 to HDMI. Should give me lots of viewing options, again . . . (if I can get cell service)!
I have the grandfathered plan as well, my phone doubles as our internet hotspot, but the hotspot doesn't have the greatest signal strength.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #3173

2 new 3500# axles for my Airstream, only thing is they sent 6000# axles. Trying to find out how this is going to be resolved now. Sure wish I hadn't removed the old ones, if I need to go camping I will have to take the Montana 5th wheel that I am detailing to sell.
Tom J
Old 12-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #3174
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Hey Ken,

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I got a new Wilson Sleek also, but bought an open box item from Amazon Warehouse deals and saved a bunch. They sell the returns cheaper and still have the same warranty. I love the improved reception!

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Wilson Electronics - Sleek 4G-V - Verizon 4G Cell Phone Signal Booster for Single User
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #3175

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
More Junk Mail via the U.S. Post Office !! Oh and I forgot also the Bulk E-mail.
A couple of months ago we joined Passport America. We are now receiving at least 2 or 3 new special one time offers from Passport America......to top it of before we even received our Membership cards and Campground Directory we received 2 one time special offers to upgrade to a Life Time Membership.
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #3176

Quote:
Originally Posted by w6pea View Post
More Junk Mail via the U.S. Post Office !! Oh and I forgot also the Bulk E-mail. A couple of months ago we joined Passport America. We are now receiving at least 2 or 3 new special one time offers from Passport America......to top it of before we even received our Membership cards and Campground Directory we received 2 one time special offers to upgrade to a Life Time Membership.
Soooo, the last thing YOU BOUGHT was junk mail?, thank you so much for sharing. I may look into that awesome accessory.....
Old 12-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #3177

Purchased an accessory step for my hitch on my truck camper. Won't need the steps while I'm on the road anymore.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:27 AM   #3178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clanton24v View Post
Soooo, the last thing YOU BOUGHT was junk mail?, thank you so much for sharing. I may look into that awesome accessory.....
If you buy anything and give them an email address, get ready for all kinds of junk mail. Some asking if you are satisfied.

I called into tech support for Logitech, and I have gotten no less than 8 email asking if the problems was fixed. I even begged them to stop sending email and they still did. I bought some software and have gotten at least 4 emails either thanking me or some other questions or requests.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote