Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2014, 07:42 PM   #3277

$700 of fuel lol
rbpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #3278

Newmar Owners Club
New TV!

39" Samsung LED TV.......
Thread on the job here: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/repl...tv-185786.html
Old 01-12-2014, 07:55 PM   #3279

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunman View Post
Attachment 53698

Got my new cover installed. Installed 50 amp service and water. Thinking about running underground sewer so I can dump at home!
My next project will be to install led lights under camper and under awning!
I dump into the sewer clean out and chase it with 2 minutes of fresh water. If you can get your coach close enough to yours, you could save a lot of time and $. Nice cover!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:39 PM   #3280

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I dump into the sewer clean out and chase it with 2 minutes of fresh water. If you can get your coach close enough to yours, you could save a lot of time and $. Nice cover!
Thanks! Yes, I've dumped straight into my clean out before as well but it requires me backing into the yard. Sometimes hard to do during rainy season (all winter). If it's raining when I leave the campground that's when I would really like to be able to dump at home!
Cajunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:39 PM   #3281

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunman View Post
Thanks! Yes, I've dumped straight into my clean out before as well but it requires me backing into the yard. Sometimes hard to do during rainy season (all winter). If it's raining when I leave the campground that's when I would really like to be able to dump at home!
A some pieces of 4" hard plastic drain pipe and an elbow might be a solution. Hide them out of sight when not needed.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:12 AM   #3282

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just left the Western FMCA RV Rally in Indio CA. Had the outside of the RV and wheels detailed, replaced the sun aged and cracking vinyl of the main awning with tweed fabric and added alumashield, replaced the slide topper cover too, got a dash cam w/7 hour recording loop, and an additional 4 year RV Warrantee.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:03 PM   #3283

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
Bought a 4 foot by 2 foot cargo (basement) door from COLAW RV Salvage. The PO had went over a curb just before I bought it and curled the under edge. Not all that noticeable with the door closed, but drove me "buggers" knowing it was there. They had 2 Pace Arrow Visions of the correct color so I ordered one.
Can you believe this is what I received today???
Sending me a replacement tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	015.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	53794  
Old 01-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #3284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
Can you believe this is what I received today??? Sending me a replacement tomorrow.
Unreal. Your other one looked better. Ha
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:54 PM   #3285

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Unreal. Your other one looked better. Ha
Sadly very true
Old 01-14-2014, 04:36 AM   #3286

no pics but I did not get the door keys to the coach when I bought it its been 6 months and 5 trips without locking it up. I took the locks to the locksmith and they made new keys for only $25, what a deal
rbpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #3287

What was the last thing you bought for your RV ?

Another RV.

Then for the RV I just purchased for the last one:

I purchased another.

And I repeated that process for a total of 6 so far.

Finding the ones we want and getting them when we can is the hard part.
Once we have them and my new garage is built I can fix them up.
(I'm a retired mechanic with lots of time on my hands.)

Our collection so far.
Picture #1 - Ultravan #248 was our first.
Picture #2 - Ultravan #256 was our second.
Picture #3 - Ultravan #362 and 512 on the same truck was our third and forth.
Picture #4 - Ultravan #520 was our fifth for our collection and the sixth one to arrive here. I towed this one home myself.

This one I saved from becoming scrap. (The owner's brother was kind enough to tow it to our place.)
Picture #5 - Ultravan #231 was our fifth to arrive. Once I fix up the body I will find it a good home.

Our plan is to have one for each series made and they must have different options when they were first built to order.
That way we can not only display the changes that occurred over the 7 years they were built;
we can also show some of the options a customer could have ordered back then too.

Marie and I plan to use and enjoy each and every one when they are not on displayed in our small museum. At least that is our goal!

Tony

Picture #1

Picture #2

Picture #3

Picture #4

Picture #5
This Ultravan will not become part of our collection. I saved this one from becoming scrap.
Once I fix up the body I will find it a good home.
The guy standing next to it is the owner's brother. He was kind enough to tow it up here for me.
UV Owners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #3288

Vintage RV Owners Club
An Amped Wireless Wifi Extender, which we setup to connect to the wifihot spot from verizon, to which we connected several devices via wired connection and boosted the range of our wifi signal.

All I have to do is plug the phone into it's charger, turn on the wifi hotspot and the extender does the rest.

Shopping for a Digital to Analog converter for our TV so that we can hook it up to our older Technics SA-EX510 receiver.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #3289

Hands Free

Accessory Power GOgroove FlexSMART X2 ADVANCED Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging, Music Control and Hands-Free Calling for ANDROID, iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Smartphones.

In the state of Illinois it is now illegal to drive with a hand held device. Since my Ford E450 doesn't have bluetooth...I found this on the net. So far works great...also play Pandora with my Droid Razr.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #3290

A broom
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote