Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #323

5 Star Tune, Ready Break, Cover to keep bird crap off, front floor mats. Winegard carryout sat dish.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #324

35 gallon septage hauling tank. 40 gallon fresh water bladder. Bracing post for slide out. Fuel, lots of fuel.
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #325

A couple of sheets of 1/4" oak plywood, a sheet of 1/8 ditto, a bunch of 3/4" quarter-rounf molding and assoerted fasteners to build a new set of cabinets to replace those damaged by a water leak in the dining room slide-out.

I was gob-smacked (the Brits say) when I saw how Forest River had attached these cabinets. There are two of them, total length about 11 ' 6" and they're "attached" to the slide out ceiling. Inside the ceiling there are three 1" square steel tubes, one along the inside edge and two together about 2/3 the way across to the outside. The space between the tubes is insulated with rigid styrofoam insulation. The whole thing is covered by 1/8" lauan "door-skin" plywood.

These long, relatively heavy cabinets were attached to the lauan plywood with 1/2" woodscrews. They had no tie in to the steel tubes. When I took them down, only about four of the 30 or so screws were still holding to the plywood. It's a minor miracle that the cabinet assembly didn't come crashing down under on-the-road loading.

My replacements will be firmly anchored to the steel tubes. I will only be using the fascia frames and doors in the rebuild. Everything else, including the wood that supports the bulb seal for when the slide is deployed, will be in new wood.

I'm surprised that, as I interpret the construction, Georgetown builds the cabinets inside the rig, rather than installing pre-assembled cabinets.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #326

Monaco Owners Club
I bought stabilizer bar bushings for the front axle on my Frieghtliner chassis. Installed them last night after work. Knocked my head got a good gash, DW doctored me up and said she thought I needed a stitch or two but I told her to patch me up I had work to do. The bushings are in, DW said her patch job looked really good when she changed the bandage. We did get a good laugh when she said that it might leave a scar but it was in the hair line, I said what hair line.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #327

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
50 foot roll of eternabond to seal up front and rear roof seams and vents
mavric65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #328

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
Put carpeting in the cabinets. That rubber matting really doesn't last long so this fix should
Old 07-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #329

"The Ultimate Sewage Kit"....after a split hose allowed for a "turd geyser" incident recently at the dump station. Yes, yes, I was a good Kamper and left the dump station cleaner than I found it.
salvagediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #330

A new MaxxAir MaxxFan 5100K roof vent.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #331

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A telescoping ladder!

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...n-ladder/52090
offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #332

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just ordered a new "Rand McNally Trip Maker RVND 5510" GPS. I took advantage of the $50 savings, offered to all FMCA members. That brought the price from $350, to just over $300, including sales tax. Also saved on shipping, as there was no charge, unless you requested special shipping. Looking forward to using the GPS on my next trip, to the iRV2 Ralley, coming up in September.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #333

Bought a new air cleaner unit for my 2000 Harney Coach Works, Riata. 3126B Cat. Cost me $171 bucks. Ouch!

Mercedes Coachman Galleria Li3
SgtJoe25ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #334

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Couldn't resist the bell and whistle to add to my OTA antenna. Bought a Winegard Sensar Pro signal strength meter & amp. Getting tired of tuning programming the TV and then wondering if I missed a bunch of channels b/c the antenna wasn't pointed the right direction.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #335

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold
Couldn't resist the bell and whistle to add to my OTA antenna. Bought a Winegard Sensar Pro signal strength meter & amp. Getting tired of tuning programming the TV and then wondering if I missed a bunch of channels b/c the antenna wasn't pointed the right direction.
Bought the same thing right before the telescoping ladder

It does help but the whole system of having to know where to point the antenna before you can scan for channels is SO messed up.
offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #336

KZ RV Club
dons2346 . . . got you beat on the money list. Let's see:
  • New slide rebuild from the metal up
  • Replaced 3M tape
  • Recarpeted due to black mold
  • PTO recall (not free . . . Country Coach)
  • Winegard Satellite
  • 6 out of 8 new tires
  • Had over 1/2 the windows taken apart, cleaned, and reinstalled
  • All new rubber and seals on all slides
  • Replaced archaic VHS player in front with Blu Ray, replaced back DVD with Blu Ray
  • I'm sure there's more but I think I blocked it from my memory.
We win. But this was not a contest I wanted to win!! How about the winning lottery ticket to pay for it all??!