Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2014, 09:43 AM   #3445

Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeRef View Post
The Weber won't work if you plug into the low pressure side of the RV's propane system. A modification is required. I'm guessing the brass tee that BiginSeattle bought will be used either to create a tap upstream of the regulator in the RV's system, kind of like an Extend-a-Stay, or to create a low pressure inlet on the Weber.

I have tried modifying two different grills for low pressure inlets. Both worked, but the RV's system wouldn't deliver enough gas to create a strong flame because of the pressure drop through the lengthy hoses. I'm not ready to modify the RV's high pressure side just yet. It's not complex or dangerous, just inconvenient. The bottles are too easy to make it worth my while (my personal opinion only).
Exactly. The tee is before the regulator. It's the exact same thing as an extend-a-stay but from Camco.
BigInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2014, 08:45 PM   #3446

Just ordered a new tuner for our 2006 vintage King Dome in-motion sat dome, old one is going out so I ordered the upgraded tuner to get all Dish sats without manual interaction. Also bought and installed some Closet Maid shelves in the closet for shoes, worked perfect.
Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #3447

Vintage RV Owners Club
New floor registers from Signature Hardware. Pricey, but still the cheapest for the 4x8 vents this trailer has without them being flimsy crap. Four of them @ $28.95 each.

The vent openings are just a tad undersized, so I get to open them up a bit. Slowly sanding them out will probably be easiest and least likely to damage the ducts.

Besides, the louvers will make DW happy. The living room register is right between/under her feet in front of the couch, and it gets quite warm.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #3448

Forest River Owners Club
Outside blower motor, start capacitor, and computer board for the ac/heat pump. Not much to look at, but definitely improved the comfort level!!
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #3449

Two new Five Lb. Fire Extinguishers and three new combination Smoke/Co2 alarms.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #3450

Genturi exhaust extension, replaced Hawk scare light with motion detector led fixture, and a bootie ribbon holder.
HTFireMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #3451

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
New house power

Got rid of the 12 volt garbage batteries and put in these six volt babies.
made custom buss bars to eliminate extra wires. used the old hold down made out of oak. Also added a remote to the intellisense 9200 converter charger. Now I can watch TV all night with my 500 watt surround sound and subwoofer. Neighbors will probably call the cops.

I tried to use the deep cycle marine batteries from Wally World but that was just a big mistake. I just wanted to try them. After about two years they died one by one. They simply shorted out internally. That cause the old converter to take a dive too. That is why I bought the new 9200 converter/charger multi stage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BATTERY_resized.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	57359  
Old 03-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #3452

Monaco Owners Club
Just got a Progressive Industries 50 hard wired ems and a digi-key controller for our Norcold. Soon as it warms up (-4 tonight) I'll get my son to help install them.
abrasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #3453

Universal RV stabilizers. Universal RV Stabilizer - Valterra 020106 - Stabilizing Jacks - Camping World. Bought three and they work great. Makes the unit very stable and almost no movement. And a box full of new LED bulbs to upgrade.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #3454

Ford Super Duty Owner
The post 3 before this one reminded me I bought 2 group 31 Start batteries for my RV. with so much snow on the ground I just brought them in the house instead of installing them.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:14 PM   #3455

New queen mattress to replace the brick supplied with the new motor home! So much better. Waiting on the dual recliner to replace the unused dinette (always in the bed position for the poor abused pups). Keep telling myself no more for this year..............
Old 03-03-2014, 02:25 PM   #3456

On its way road master Blackhawk 2 10,000 pound tow bar.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:31 PM   #3457

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Additional 12 volt power outlets for all of the tech stuff
Old 03-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #3458

Vintage RV Owners Club
Couple of 5 gallon size Rhododendrons to go with the one I transplanted from my old site to the new one to help finish up some more of the yard work.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote